Continuous Learning Group

Wonderful culture

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Continuous Learning Group as an intern

Pros

Everyone is a hard worker; autonomy

Cons

Long hours, a lot of travel, but that is what you do when your clients are all over the world

Hypocritical company

I have been working at Continuous Learning Group full-time

Pros

Steve Jacobs is an excellent Chairman and person to work with. Quiet working environment.

Cons

There is no trust amongst the senior employees due to gossiping, sniggering, and an attitude of “some employees are stupid”. The Consultants look down their noses at those who are not like them. No ability to be part of the “team” if you can’t freely share ideas without being backstabbed, and laughed at. Too many projects pop up without knowing who is supposed to do what. Somewhere this train went off the track.

The consultants deliver to their clients, but how about using those same techniques internally? Practice what you preach CLG. Remove toxic employees, some have been here too long and new blood is needed to provide positive attidudes and professionalism.

Good but not great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Continuous Learning Group

Pros

Great family work-life balance and a good community of people to work with. Flexible in time off and where you do work.

Cons

It is difficult for professional growth in the company. Found that they often did not follow their own consulting practices when it came to internal operations. Overall the people are great but professional development is limited.

What once was a good, even great, place to work has become a terrible place in which to work - thanks to our Sr Leaders!

Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Continuous Learning Group

Pros

All the positives are externally focused - the good consultants and contractors we work with, the ability to truly "make a difference", the uplifting nature of what we do (who can argue with bringing positive reinforcement into the workplace?). The heavy travel comes with the territory

Cons

All the negatives are internally focsed - on what was once a culture of integrity and transparancy that has become the opposite. Our senior leaders are greedy, they cannot make decisions, they don't tell us what is really going on and their walk is a lot different than the nice sounding talk they put out in gushy emails, meetings and townhall phone calls. Few of the rank and file trust any of the top leaders any more - and there are none that people respect (except the head of People). What a shame.

Walk your talk! Stop bickering, be direct among yourselves and make decisions. Complete transparency about the deals you've cut among yourselves would also help - as would passing some of the fruit of our labor down to more of us. The padding of the payroll is visible to us all. Last - watch out once the economy starts improving and opportunities to do other things open up - you will be surprised at how many people choose to leave CLG - and who they are. You'll have a very difficult time managing the company.

CLG a horrible place to work.

Former Employee - NONE in NONE (Nepal)
    Former Employee - NONE in NONE (Nepal)

I worked at Continuous Learning Group

Pros

Several of the staff are very nice, and I had the opportunity to work hard.

Cons

I worked hard, got stellar reviews, but not one raise in 4 years. Horrible company.

As a company: Reward the people that do their jobs and question the people who make up excuses and consistently blame others for their shortcomings, and awful work ethic.

As for the type of business: Question your ethics and the impact that they make on the world. If you give people the free will to make their own decisions I'm pretty sure they wouldn't choose to be brainwashed by behavioral science.