Contra Costa Community College District

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Tomi Van de Brooke

Conducive working environment

Police Aide/Parking Officer (Former Employee)
Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Contra Costa Community College District as an intern for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to easily transition into different departments and different job positions. You will be blessed to learn on the job and will be cross-trained to work different positions in various campuses.

ConsThe only downside is working as an hourly employee especially in recent years. Hourly hours have been drastically reduced due to budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep your top hourly employees happy by compensating them with extra hours/ openings when available, rather than have office politics mar basic essential values.

Long term employee.

I have been working at Contra Costa Community College District

ProsCoworkers are hard workers. Most people try to get along.

ConsManagers are overbearing. The staff is always complaining about how bad the mangers are.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more anonymous surveys more often.

Overall it has been a great 20 years with CCCCD. I have some regrets but nothing I can not lives with.

I have been working at Contra Costa Community College District full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat staff of caring people who really want to help the community

ConsUnfortunate budget cuts that affect students negatively and too many administraotrs

Advice to Senior ManagementCut your staff and your salaries.

Worked for Contra Costa Community College District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Contra Costa Community College District reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Contra Costa Community College District CEO Tomi Van de Brooke. All reviews posted anonymously by Contra Costa Community College District employees.