Contract Land Staff

2.8

Brent Leftwich

Agent - Great Company

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time

Pros

They have great benifits and keep me working

Cons

I have not had any issues. The staff is great.

Keep up the great work

Disappointing Experience

Former Employee - Right of Way Agent
    Former Employee - Right of Way Agent

I worked at Contract Land Staff full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you like traveling at a moments notice to anywhere they want to send you, then you will usually have work.

Cons

In the end they took money from my expense check that were approved by management. No explanation and no authorization of why they shorted my expense check.. I doubt their integrity especially since they were paid this money by the client. Beware. Also, they will tell you to move to a new location at a moments notice. In my situation I had to leave home so another agent I replaced could return to his home. Beware of nepotism and favoritism. Look at the upper management tier.

Not a Top Place to Work

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time

Pros

Corporate location is great, in Sugar Land.

Cons

Company is not intereted in promoting employees unless you are one of the "chosen". Very political for a small company. Upper management isn't in touch.

Load up the project mentality

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time

Pros

If they have work when you need it, it can be a good option.

They give generous per diem in the right of way industry.

Cons

The competent hard workers are just treated like work horses while they load up the project for max billings. The competent folks will have to do the work of the people who can't do anything which places a big strain on the hard working competent people. They won't pay for airfare home on long projects. Most promotions go to friends and family unless they absolutely have to have someone competent filling a spot.

The company likes to pay people below what a landman can make by calling it right of way work when the reality is that the work is very similar. They train their own people and go to great lengths to hide that they could be making more as a landman. Promotions in title are given retroactively to market you for an upcoming project so you can't use the enhanced job title to apply for another job.

Would you even take the advice?

Could be better, But poor management makes it unbearable.

Current Employee - Land Specialist in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Land Specialist in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are great, pay is OK.

Cons

Manager is young and unable to connect with others. Office workers are there to try and make a name for themselves and not to help you the worker. The atmosphere is the worse I have ever worked under.

Management training should be a must before and after a project starts. Having inexperienced project managers with NO people skills, will someday lead to lawsuit or worse. Having a manager that enjoy degrading the workers and finds enjoyment in such is a danger in the workplace. I have never had anyone talk and disrespect workers more then with this company. Shame on you for allowing it.

Small time sweat shop

I worked at Contract Land Staff full-time

Pros

Houston office technical staff were pretty nice.

Cons

Executive management lacked skills to run a modern company. They treated technical staff like slaves and held empty bonus promises and other perks over staff.

Benefits were lousy. Health insurance premiums very expensive for employees.

Working 60 hour weeks is normal. Plan to work most nights late, weekends and holiday's are expected when a manager poorly plans their project schedules which is most of the time.

If a problem arises with a project, Sr. Management will find someone on the technical team to blame and punish.

Most Sr. Managers do not have a clue how to handle clients or schedule project tasks, they just say yes to any thing a client asks for.

Worst place that I ever worked.

The owners should scrap the Sr. Management team and start over. What a joke.

Title

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clear cut as to your duties

Cons

Receiving call backs from HR when rolling off a project

Employer Fairness & Leadership

Current Employee - Land Staff Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Land Staff Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy working in an environment where I do not have to worry about politics and they give me what I need to do my job. They offer excellent training and provide opportunities for advancement and growth. Contract Land Staff contributes to their employees development.

Cons

I have a pretty long commute, but I knew that when I took the position and look forward to having that resolved very soon.

Keep giving us the ability to make decisions and move forward on projects without having to go through all of the red tape and multiple levels.This really allows us to finish our projects on time and within our budget.

Great Company

Current Employee - Title Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Title Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Contract Land Staff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exxcellent Management, fair pay and a culture of team work

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company

Keep doing what you are doing. I always appreciated the respect and guidance from upper management.

I Really Enjoyed Working At Contract Land Staff

Former Employee - Right of Way Agent in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Right of Way Agent in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Contract Land Staff full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Contract Land Staff has great pay and great benefits. I really enjoyed being part of the team. My Manager was the best supervisor I had ever worked for. I felt my contributions wee appreciated and I liked the way Contract Land Staff promoted from within. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and appreciated all the fun employee events Contract Land Staff had. I highly recommend Contract Land Staff to anyone who wants a great career!

Cons

I worked at Contract Land Staff for a little over 5 years and really do not have anything negative to say about them. The Management treated me fairly and the pay was great. I would highly recommend them as a potential employer to any Right of Way Agent.

Please continue to treat your employees with respect, as you currently do. My experience was very positive. Employee moral is one of the most important factors to teamwork. Contract Land Staff does a great job with moral but, do not lose site of that fact. Thank you.