ControlScan Reviews

Reset
3.7
ControlScan Chief Executive Officer Joan E. Herbig
Joan E. Herbig

1. Great place to work for experienced security professionals.

I have been working at ControlScan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money's good, benefits are good, work life balance is good (so far) team is skilled and motivated (no deadwood) and leadership is solid and supportive, all the way up to the CEO.

Cons

No signing bonuses could make it hard to attract talent. Processes could always be better documented. Haven't encountered any serious cons to date.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I'm loving life here!

2. Great Company

I have been working at ControlScan full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in. Employee happiness is a priority. CEO is absolutely wonderful.

Cons

None that I can think of

Executive management does not care about employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ControlScan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thanks to some of the good managers there, I was allowed to transfer into a new department and learn new skills. I really appreciated this.

Cons

Executives do not care about the growth of their employees. They are insincere, dishonest and care only about themselves. It is widely known that fake reviews are posted to Glassdooor to balance against the genuine appraisals that are posted by real employees. There are some good managers there but none at the executive level.

Advice to Management

Look at the many good people you have lost lately and learn from your mistakes.

5. Growing company with great leadership

I worked at ControlScan

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities. Great CEO.

Cons

Not the best compensation package

Advice to Management

Make sure your talent is happy.

6. Great company, if they can work on employee retention.

I worked at ControlScan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are nice, and its a decent place to get a starter education in security.

Cons

The pay scale is far below average. Work load is high, and the customers you deal with are insane.

Advice to Management

Pay the core security team more, and work on retention.

7. Heading in the right direction in some areas

I worked at ControlScan

Pros

The company places a good amount of value on the individual and shows a willingness to develop newer employees, managers seem flexible and are polite. The people are often passionate enough about what they are doing to go out of their way to discuss how to make the company better and what could be improved upon internally to do so.

Cons

Indecisive leadership can lead to frustrating decisions that are not well communicated. Valuable people with great ideas are forced to battle for each "win" in an overly bureaucratic system. Small companies are supposed to be swift, agile, and innovative, but ControlScan moves like its behemoth competitors with an excess of meetings and a lack of fast, quality decision making.

Advice to Management

ControlScan is lucky enough to have exceptional people that care about their jobs and want the product to be world class, people that want what is best for the end user, trust them!

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ControlScan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have thoroughly enjoyed working at ControlScan. The people are great - kind, fun and very dedicated. The Executive Team makes it a priority to know everyone at the company and the CEO is very approachable and involved at all levels. The SVP of Products and Services places great importance on mentoring his employees so they can grow in their positions, but he also regularly works in the trenches as a part of his team. This is indicative of the culture at ControlScan - no one is above doing what is needed to further the success of the company.

Cons

The company has grown quickly and there have been a few big staff changes recently. I would like to have more information on how this might impact my future at ControlScan.

A surprisingly amateur company to work for

I have been working at ControlScan

Pros

Really nice people in the cust service areas of the company. They care and it shows. The employees, overall, are a great group who bond together well. Products are innovative although not as many as you would think until you start working there. Mgt tries hard to build a collegial culture in the company. They rarely ask anyone to work long hours which us nice.

Cons

Weak health benefits for anyone works outside GA, no match on the 401K, the HR person doubles as an Accounting employee, executives who silo communication and an oddly close relationship between the head of sales and CEO that seems to dominate the company. She rarely makes a final decision without his input and he manipulates each move to his benefit, it seems. The recent acquisition of a smaller company was integrated in a very poor way. It's been a big flop.

Advice to Management

It would be better for the board to take a look at the exec's and determine if they have the right people in place. They really don't and it's sad. This could be a great company. The CEO needs to fire the head of sales and rely on her own talents. She seems very capable.

A highly dedicated group of people!

I have been working at ControlScan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The thing I like most about working at ControlScan is the people I'm surrounded by. I can honestly say that every single person is giving 110% to make our business run smoothly and our customers happy. This type of team dedication is very inspiring! Another big pro is the way the leadership team interacts with each other and the rest of the staff. They get along with each other and it shows--and they truly keep an open door, all the way up to the CEO.

Cons

We grew rapidly (by head count) in the last year and that has impacted the "closeness" of the culture. I no longer know everyone by name, or even where certain people sit. Would be great to have more internal relationship-building activities.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership team is doing a great job of keeping us pointed to our "true north" as a company. The key will be to keep everyone aligned with a common vision as we continue to grow.

Very dysfunctional work environment

I worked at ControlScan

Pros

Interesting products, great employees and and an environment where everyone works hard.

Cons

Executives are a mess. The CEO and EVP of SAles essentially make all the decisions and don't communicate at all to the employees. They are nice people but everyone knows they have a very close, long standing relationship that gets in the way of business. EVP is a nice guy but manipulates every situation to his benefit.

Advice to Management

Stop making knee jerk decisons, focus on the great people who work for you, be more transparent with them and learn what being a godd leader really means.

RSS Feed </> Embed