Converge

Add Photos

Frank Cavallaro

Decent Local employer

IT Supervisor (Former Employee) Peabody, MA

ProsStable work condition, nice people

ConsOld technology at work for long time, even obsolete

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in Technology

Best company to work for in the industry. Senior management team is best in business

Senior Trader (Current Employee) Peabody, MA

ProsPassionate employees, strategic thinking management team

ConsThere is no matching 401k

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rewarding employees for key wins

Excellent experiace working with Converge

Tradet (Former Employee) Peabody, MA

ProsAs a former employee, a happy one, I can honestly state that I enjoyed my many years with the organization. The opportunities to essentially manage my own business taught me many valuable lessons that I can take anywhere throughout my business career. I was never held back from a compensation standpoint and hard work does indeed pay off.

ConsAs I read elsewhere on this site many former employees look to bash the organization. I see this as a testament to their regrets for leaving and/or their lack of success in their current career choices.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to treat the employees fairly and you will always have a first class operation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Valley of the Dead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Peabody, MA

ProsPay, once you're part of the network you can loaf along without pulling your weight.

ConsPlenty of scumbags working there. Fish rots from the head and this fish is stinky.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

Converge; We overpay and you look the other way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is above industry average to get people to join and stay at Converge

ConsLack of management direction, politics runs rampant and old-boy network.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to bring in some fresh perspective, improve communication and set strategic directions.

Converge has huge growth opportunities, but is limited by its incentive structure for traders.

Senior Trader (Former Employee) Peabody, MA

ProsIf you're a snake and you know how to steal deals from other traders, you'll do fine at converge. There are deals and there's a lot of product to be moved.

ConsProblem is getting a piece of the action. This place is like so many other sales clubs - friends of the bosses do best.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull in new outside consulting help to reformat the incentive model; traders need an incentive to work together on IT asset management. Without proper incentive structures, traders will continue to bicker over a limited supply of product instead of working together to maximize the sale price for each deal.

This is a good company to work for.

Contractor (Former Employee) Peabody, MA

ProsIt is a good company with great leadership. There are a lot of great people and the company does a lot for its employees and allows everybody to strike a great work/life balance.

ConsThe culture can be tough if you don't have thick skin, but as long as you aren't sensitive it is a great place to work. One problem is that the organization is sometimes reluctant to get rid of some employees who don't do much of anything merely because they've been with the company forever. Although they are slowly getting rid of some of the dead wood it would be great if they got rid of some of the other useless people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your instincts - you know the right thing to do.

Thought it was great, then realized I wasn't getting what I was putting in

Trader (Former Employee)

ProsI liked the offer I got initially, I liked the industry of technology, and I liked some of my co-workers.

ConsManagement and ownership were less than interested in your personal success. Just a numbers game to them. No buy-in from the people at the top unless you were a super-star.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes the hardest working people don't get any of the credit, only those that make big deals. More likely to be heard if you were a complainer than if you just did a good job and waited for the recognition. Eventually realized it wasn't coming...

Wild west, unorganized, not fair, but they put on a good show before you are hired.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe actual "company" seems like it is in a good field and market. Strong business model and good opportunities possibly.

Near my home.

Provided benefits and salary.

ConsLots of the people are just not nice or caring about new people in the company.

Very competitive nature of the business probably leads to employees not trusting each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they are on the phone with your customers and know more than you do.

Helpful in my career - a very respectful company with a great organizational structure

Account Executive (Former Employee)

Prosvery knowledgeable staff
    Top Independent with world class operations
    if you are a hard worker and want to succeed - you have a great opporutunity to do so at Converge
    Top Management are very helpful and interested in seeing all parties succeed.

ConsMiddle management can use some refinining
    Sometimes not all of the neccessary communication is shared with all team members across all their many locations
    Politics - but that can be said for any company

Advice to Senior ManagementConverge is a great company to work for, great ideas, great people, great programs and services, the reason for any person to leave is your middle managers. MIddle management is a tough role to play in any organization - but if everything is so great and they are doing such a good job - why would anyone want to leave?

Worked for Converge? Contribute to the Community!