Convergence Marketing

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
2.6

Christian Miller

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, depending on your location from home close jobs plus a door fee if traveling out of your location (in 8 reviews)

• I enjoy doing cosmetic resets, counting and stocking the product (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • As someone else stated, the area manager can make or break you depending how they feel about you (in 4 reviews)

• They don't train people very well, it is up to the team leads to do so (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great flexible part time job

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Get to visit nice variety of stores. Meet new people. Mgrs respond quick by email. Training is online but effective. Mgrs are usually understanding not many complaints. No micro managing.

Cons

When slow its knuckle crawling. Some jobs pay less than rate hr pay. Some assignments are directions for reset don't always have thorough instructions. Tech support will let you know if that is the case, however you have to use your best judgement and please the mgr. If you don't like this then you will get frustrated often.

Present more opportunity for work to your merchandisers Pay drive time and gas mileage for all assignments.

Team Had Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandising Team Leader in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Merchandising Team Leader in South Bend, IN

I worked at Convergence Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility with non-seasonal hours. Busy time was Fall and Spring resets

Cons

This company did not provide enough help f(man power) for the resets. High turn over rate

Good Job

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy my job I feel with experience and hard work you get a lot of assignments there is always something to do. I have a great area manager and there is always great communication via phone and email. I love the schedule and the flexibility.

Cons

the only con i have is all the paper work it's too much and overwhelming there has to be an easier way.

Make it clear for employees how to advance to management positions. It would be nice to know what steps are needed to move up within the company. Also, please figure out a better way to report there is so much paperwork at least for the small assignments that are for an hour or two.

At times can be unorganized, but most of the time I enjoyed the work.

I have been working at Convergence Marketing

Pros

If you like to travel, there is the option of accepting work pretty much anywhere. If u our looking for a busy or slower schedule you can have it, as as you want.

Cons

Sometimes there not as much work as you'd like.

Love Match Converge

Current Employee - Area Manager in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Convergence Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience to be had and plenty to do to keep you busy. Working from home is great.

Cons

Long hours, tons to learn on your own, not a ton of training for management.

Part Time Hard Work

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great manager, varied work

Cons

inconsistent hours, co-workers, lack of support

Poor Management, Low Pay, No Compensation for Drive Time or Mileage

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in McMinnville, TN
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in McMinnville, TN

I worked at Convergence Marketing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule and work independently

Cons

Ridiculous expectations, Expected to Drive 110 mile round trip for a $10.50 flat rate job with no compensation for drive time or mileage. Redundant reporting procedures also without compensation

Nov 10, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I can assure you that this is not our policy and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please feel free to reach out to me, Dawn ... More

changing schedules and unprofessional payroll personnel

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule,managers have good communication

Cons

no raises and payroll does indeed hold your reporting/payroll back as hostage for little things . When you ask about how to 'correct' them, they either do not respond via email and if you do call them, they never return your call or treat you like a 3rd class citizen. They demean you to the point of childhood scolding and getting any pay issues corrected ends up on your dime and you are essentially 'never paid'. I have been with them a long time and it is only getting worse. Noone there seems to care and there is NOONE to contact about complaints to correct it so it continues.

Upper Management needs to stop this culture of 'favorites' and everyone needs to be held accountable if they are incompetent. Your merchandisers are what keeps business flowing and your paycheck, make their lives easier with payroll, reporting and other issues so that more business can come in. We work very hard and don't deserve to be treated as slaves.

Oct 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We care very much about our employees and want to ensure they have positive experiences and a great working environment. I am the Director of Human ... More

I

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Dothan, AL
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Dothan, AL

I worked at Convergence Marketing as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Able to set own hours and takevacation breaks in schedule when desired

Cons

If a new district manager comes in and for some reason doesn't get along well with you, they have the power to not assign you projects, even if you were in a lead position for the last manager, and you have absolutely no recourse because you have no management support except your district manager

When management changes, if new management personality doesnt mesh with yours they have the power to stop your opportunities

Oct 7, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We value our employee's opinions and want to ensure that your work environment is always a pleasant one. I would like to discuss your ... More

Depends upon your manager, where you live and so much more

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like working for Convergence and although I've worked for them a little under a year, I have done over 100 assignments for them.

Most of the work I've done (other than cosmetic resets) is quick and easy. Because I am willing to travel, I get paid mileage allowance, etc. I used to travel to a town that is 75 miles away and get $50 from that manager - now with a new manager I was getting $30 (but I just found out it will be $35). That's not great - but not bad when you consider that if I go to that town I can also usually pick up $50 or so in mystery shopping too - so it makes it worth the trip. I've done some longer traveling and the company put me up overnight and I got a decent amount of money for the trip - I was very pleased (even though I can't remember now how much it was).

In my case, I loved my first manager. She left a few months ago to go work for HEB and I got another manager...who was...so so. She was good at first but then became hard to contact. I had a situation where I didn't get paid for mileage and after a bit I decided to go to the next person above her to get help - and boy did I get help...almost immediately! Within an hour I had a response from my email and within the afternoon the money I was owed was added to my portal for the next paycheck. I was very very pleased and I was made to feel quite valued.

It is important to note though that I live in a small town where my furthest store is maybe 10 miles away...if that. Usually my furthest store is less than 3 miles away. If I'm offered a project outside of town - I can choose to take it - or not take it. (I once had to email and turn down a job I was offered). I don't live in a big city where I am competing with others for the work- and I'm not having to drive 20-50 minutes to get across town to an assignment. In addition, most of my projects have a 1 to 2 week window so I can schedule when I want to get them done and they are usually fairly easy like putting up instant rebate coupons or signage or something like that.

I can understand why some people who work in a larger city and have to compete with others for assignments might get frustrated.

Cons

I don't get nearly enough work from them - maybe 2-5 projects a month unless I pick up a project and do traveling for it in a bunch of stores. I would love to see them have more work available for me to do.

I only know about the regional managers for my area here in Texas...and I have got to say that THEY ROCK! I feel comfortable calling them or emailing them if I have a question or a problem and I've always been made to feel like I am valued as a merchandiser and that they were glad I addressed my concerns with them.

I wish they hadn't lost my district manager to a grocery chain....she was awesome. However, it makes me feel good that I can go to my regional manager at any time with any issue and have it addressed.

Sep 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback and suggestions. It is greatly appreciated! I will certainly pass this along to our management team and will pass on your feedback to ... More

Convergence Marketing Photos