Convergent Media

Amazing Internship, Good Company, Going Through a Period of Growth

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I've never worked with more passionate and engaging co-workers. I had exciting opportunities to not only participate in planned marketing projects, case studies, and white papers, but develop my own. I always received constructive feedback that helped shape me into a better marketer. I learned more about strategy and digital marketing in just two months with Convergent than I did in four years of college. The office environment was diverse and welcoming. The skills I learned/sharpened at Convergent led me to a new opportunity, but I will greatly miss Convergent and appreciate the chance I had to be a part of such a good company.

Cons

The company is experiencing a great amount of growth, meaning employees are juggling several roles and projects at once. While this helped me as an intern, I was able to gain experience over a variety of projects, I think that several departments could use an extra employee/intern or two.

Not advice, but I sincerely hope that Convergent will continue with internship opportunities beyond just the marketing department. It's a great learning experience and I've benefitted incredibly from it. In the future, I would suggest administering a skills test during the intern interview process to better gage experience level.

Great experience - I learned a lot over the 18 years working there.

I worked at Convergent Media full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

During the 18 years of employment I worked with a lot of professional people that loved the Convergent Media culture. Everyone worked together as a team to accomplished corporate goals. The company was profitable every year except for a few years during the recession.

Cons

New ownership by Ballantyne/Strong took place on 10/1/2013 and job security was gone.They drastically cut the work force in an effort to show profitability and hard working loyal employees lost their jobs. With the new ownership there's is absolutely no job security at all for anyone. If a nickle needs to be saved they will cut you from the work staff instead of working hard to find new revenue. You will never ever feel secure working for this company under the current ownership.

Start looking for new management opportunities with a different company because your job will be cut if they can't figure out how to be profitable soon. The new owners over paid for a company that was in a industry that they have no experience running. They specialize in cinema installation and service - Convergent specialized in digital signage and content being delivered via satellite. The new owners are struggling with this new learning curve of operating a business that they have no knowledge on running. The new owners have a horrible reputation in the cinema industry for poor workmanship and over charging customers. Cinema technicians are trained to create equipment issues to manufacture labor hours. Poor company ethics. Everything is about the bottom line with the new owners - current managements bottom line should be to move on to a company that is employee friendly and you have job security.

Good ole Boys.

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A paycheck every two weeks.

Cons

I have been in this industry for many many years, I have never seen such poor management across the board! Cut throat atmosphere.

Fire yourself...This place has changed ownership more than a hooker on a pay day Friday night.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not even consider employment here

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Steady pay check. Requires minimal thinking

Cons

Good ole boys at their finest.

I would seriously consider replacing several managers. Many do not think outside the box, and are somewhat trapped in 80's technology. A company cannot move forward without a serious upgrade in personnel. You will continue to be sold as you have in the past.

Literally; only wanted me for me race.

Former Employee - Markwring Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Markwring Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Convergent Media as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Experience was just average, no other pros

Cons

There was terrible leadership and gathering communication was terrible after.

A so-so place to work

Former Employee - Technical Representative
    Former Employee - Technical Representative

I worked at Convergent Media

Pros

-Flexible Schedule
    -Company vehicle
    -Most accounts were in the area

Cons

-Low wages
    -Unfair treatment by management
    -Inadequate tools available

Before making hiring and firing decisions, consider your data, routes completed, loyalty, and productivity before making decisions, instead of using favoritism as a valid measuring tool.

Interview

I worked at Convergent Media

Pros

Nice Benefits, location, career growth with cutting edge tech

Cons

Inside hierarchy, diorganised process and reviews

Sales Leadership and Senior Level Management--a bunch of good ol' boys!

I have been working at Convergent Media

Pros

-They were hiring in a down economy
    -Atleast there was some income every two weeks
    -It was close to where I lived
    -My last day of working there was one of the best days of my life!

Cons

-Horrible and punitive work environment
    -Managers treated people s if they were children--have seen people actually reduced to tears
    -Very low pay scale
    -Very bad health benefits--very expensive
    -To take a day off required an act of congress
    -Inflexible work hours, no telecommuting
    -Backstabbing and in-fighting was actually promoted instead of discouraged

Stay exactly as you are and you will stay exactly where you are in the market place. Aim for diversity and seek to hire true talent instead of golf buddies. Learn to treat people with the respect they deserve as human beings that are only there to do the best job they can.

Worked for Convergent Media? Contribute to the Community!