Convergenz Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.6

Jennifer Kaiman

Very Good company with support staff for every possible issue. My representative was an excellent negotiator.

Former Employee - Review Appraiser  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Review Appraiser in Addison, TX

I worked at Convergenz as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The company has very strong ties with major employers and can get you in front of HR. They assist candidates in all phases of the interview process and never give you a hard time if there is a personal issue or you need time off.

Cons

Convergenz is a staffing company and during my contract I did not experience any negative issues with their management.

Keep up the good work!!!

I have been working at Convergenz full-time

Pros

Benefits: health insurance, gym, gas...

Cons

management, no structure, no organization.

Great staffing agency. Thoughtful recruiters

I have been working at Convergenz full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Convergenz. My recruiter followed up with me monthly via email and phone throughout the duration of my contract. He and the HR staff were always prompt in their responses, whenever I had questions. A+++ service

Cons

If you like stability, contract work may not be for you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Convergenz as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

There are none. I would suggest staying away from this resume farm.

Cons

Recruiters are unprofessional. Will go to length to explain why you are such a great fit for this "great role" and then you never hear back. Aren't upfront about expectations for the role or what these "contract-to-hire" opportunities really entail. There are hundreds of other agencies in the DC metro who will actually take the time to present real opportunities and act as a resource for anyone in the market, unfortunately Convergenz is not one of them. If you are serious about finding employment, don't waste your time here.

If a contract is only going to go for 4 months without extension, tell me that before I leave my full-time job.

Also, it is common courtesy and professionalism to give an employer a 2 weeks notice before transitioning into a new role. The sense of urgency that my recruiter put on me to leave immediately and unexpectedly was too much. Threatening me and accusing me of not being upfront with you is not a legitimate or ethical way to handle business. And I honestly believe that the recruiter (who I will not name but you know who you are) may have told me one thing and the client another, because it just seemed as if there were different expectations being managed on both sides.

Worked for this company for far too long

Current Employee - Resource Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Convergenz full-time for more than a year

Pros

competitive commission plan | fun culture | work with great clients| training is very good

Cons

not professional at all | long hours | no sense of job security | management shows favoritism to account managers, recruiters are bottom of the barrel | besides a select few, the account managers don't know their accounts as well as they think they do | recruiters are held accountable for every mistake | payroll team is impossible to work with/very unwilling to help | no communication between management and employees | fire people with no notice or valid reason

open the lines of communication. it is not fun for employees to go to work everyday, thinking that it may be their last. treat recruiters like adults. adhere to policies and procedures. conv may tell clients that recruiters meet with every candidate...this is far from the truth.

Churn and burn shop

Former Employee - Resource Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Resource Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Convergenz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work hard, party hard culture | very young, all recent college grads | learned a lot | if you keep your job, you'll make a lot of money | very competitive commission plan | the CEO is awesome | annual fun trip to Atlantic City | there are some very talented people there to learn from | work with a lot of clients | multiple offices

Cons

no job stability | people are fired almost every week | long hours - start time at 730am until 5:30pm or 7pm 2x week | if you're a minute late, you're in trouble. can't ever leave a minute before 5:30 either | treated like a high schooler (not trusted) | the managers def prefer the account managers over the recruiters | the account managers don't know anything about their accounts, or maybe they just don't tell the recruiters anything about it | reqs move really slow | bad work/life balance | facebook & gmail are blocked

Increase the communication between account managers and recruiters. Treat the employees like the adults and trust them.

Lied!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Leawood, KS

I worked at Convergenz as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I'm required to enter 20 words here, but honestly the salary is the only pro of this job. It paid much higher than a similar position anywhere else.

Cons

Misrepresented position, lied about amount of overtime required, released early from contract stating position was filled internally, but I saw it posted online the same day and they refused to tell me the truth. Then harrassed me about getting their laptop back, but refused to return my personal belongings.

Try being honest with your candidates.

Review1

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Convergenz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Representatives exceptional in preparing you for an interview, and maintaing contact through the contract cycle.

Cons

$, I found after I submitted with them that another firm was paying better wages and full benefits. They do not feel that a flexible spending plan is important.

Worked for Convergenz? Contribute to the Community!