Convergenz

2.8

Jennifer Kaiman

Great consulting company

I have been working at Convergenz

Pros

Timely pay, quick response to employee questions

Cons

None. There is potential to expand to many clients

Consultant at AARP

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Convergenz

Pros

40-hour work weeks, flexible hours, even work ethic between team members, rewarding work

Cons

Low, hourly pay, no over-time will be rewarded, but they let you carry hours into the next week

Compensation should be higher after extended contracts and several evaluations

Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Convergenz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The opportunity and compensation were as advertised. I was assigned and worked directly for a major carrier, so I had little exposure to this company's culture or values except at start and finish of my contract.

Cons

Was not offered any training or personal growth options.

Best Staffing company I have worked for

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Convergenz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for several staffing companies over the years, mostly larger ones. I left to come to Convergenz, and have been here several years now. This is a tough business, our clients tell us they have dire needs, but sometimes those needs change. Convergenz really tries to keep all candidates up to date, and aware of their situation. They have a motto here "lose the battle, win the war". They always try and do the right thing by people, as they think that's key to being successful long term. They are not perfect, but they are good people that work hard.

Cons

Communication has gotten better, but could still improve. Training is good, but I think there is some room for improvement there as well.

I think one thing to consider would be 'advanced' training...even life skills. I'd love some outside experts to come in and talk to us about how to be better at our jobs, organization, etc..

Be Careful

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Resource Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Convergenz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great working Environment. Very good informative training process.

Cons

You are completely expendable to this company. Very Competitive and focused on nothing but sales.

I have been working at Convergenz full-time

Pros

Benefits: health insurance, gym, gas...

Cons

management, no structure, no organization.

Very Good company with support staff for every possible issue. My representative was an excellent negotiator.

Former Contractor - Review Appraiser in Addison, TX
    Former Contractor - Review Appraiser in Addison, TX

I worked at Convergenz as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The company has very strong ties with major employers and can get you in front of HR. They assist candidates in all phases of the interview process and never give you a hard time if there is a personal issue or you need time off.

Cons

Convergenz is a staffing company and during my contract I did not experience any negative issues with their management.

Keep up the good work!!!

Great staffing agency. Thoughtful recruiters

I have been working at Convergenz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Convergenz. My recruiter followed up with me monthly via email and phone throughout the duration of my contract. He and the HR staff were always prompt in their responses, whenever I had questions. A+++ service

Cons

If you like stability, contract work may not be for you.

Unprofessional

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at Convergenz as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There are none. I would suggest staying away from this resume farm.

Cons

Recruiters are unprofessional. Will go to length to explain why you are such a great fit for this "great role" and then you never hear back. Aren't upfront about expectations for the role or what these "contract-to-hire" opportunities really entail. There are hundreds of other agencies in the DC metro who will actually take the time to present real opportunities and act as a resource for anyone in the market, unfortunately Convergenz is not one of them. If you are serious about finding employment, don't waste your time here.

If a contract is only going to go for 4 months without extension, tell me that before I leave my full-time job.

Also, it is common courtesy and professionalism to give an employer a 2 weeks notice before transitioning into a new role. The sense of urgency that my recruiter put on me to leave immediately and unexpectedly was too much. Threatening me and accusing me of not being upfront with you is not a legitimate or ethical way to handle business. And I honestly believe that the recruiter (who I will not name but you know who you are) may have told me one thing and the client another, because it just seemed as if there were different expectations being managed on both sides.

Worked for this company for far too long

Current Employee - Resource Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Convergenz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

competitive commission plan | fun culture | work with great clients| training is very good

Cons

not professional at all | long hours | no sense of job security | management shows favoritism to account managers, recruiters are bottom of the barrel | besides a select few, the account managers don't know their accounts as well as they think they do | recruiters are held accountable for every mistake | payroll team is impossible to work with/very unwilling to help | no communication between management and employees | fire people with no notice or valid reason

open the lines of communication. it is not fun for employees to go to work everyday, thinking that it may be their last. treat recruiters like adults. adhere to policies and procedures. conv may tell clients that recruiters meet with every candidate...this is far from the truth.