Convergenz

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jennifer Kaiman

Very Good company with support staff for every possible issue. My representative was an excellent negotiator.

Review Appraiser (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsThe company has very strong ties with major employers and can get you in front of HR. They assist candidates in all phases of the interview process and never give you a hard time if there is a personal issue or you need time off.

ConsConvergenz is a staffing company and during my contract I did not experience any negative issues with their management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!

Great staffing agency. Thoughtful recruiters

ProsI really enjoyed working for Convergenz. My recruiter followed up with me monthly via email and phone throughout the duration of my contract. He and the HR staff were always prompt in their responses, whenever I had questions. A+++ service

ConsIf you like stability, contract work may not be for you.

Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThere are none. I would suggest staying away from this resume farm.

ConsRecruiters are unprofessional. Will go to length to explain why you are such a great fit for this "great role" and then you never hear back. Aren't upfront about expectations for the role or what these "contract-to-hire" opportunities really entail. There are hundreds of other agencies in the DC metro who will actually take the time to present real opportunities and act as a resource for anyone in the market, unfortunately Convergenz is not one of them. If you are serious about finding employment, don't waste your time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a contract is only going to go for 4 months without extension, tell me that before I leave my full-time job.

Also, it is common courtesy and professionalism to give an employer a 2 weeks notice before transitioning into a new role. The sense of urgency that my recruiter put on me to leave immediately and unexpectedly was too much. Threatening me and accusing me of not being upfront with you is not a legitimate or ethical way to handle business. And I honestly believe that the recruiter (who I will not name but you know who you are) may have told me one thing and the client another, because it just seemed as if there were different expectations being managed on both sides.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for this company for far too long

Resource Manager (Current Employee) McLean, VA

Proscompetitive commission plan | fun culture | work with great clients| training is very good

Consnot professional at all | long hours | no sense of job security | management shows favoritism to account managers, recruiters are bottom of the barrel | besides a select few, the account managers don't know their accounts as well as they think they do | recruiters are held accountable for every mistake | payroll team is impossible to work with/very unwilling to help | no communication between management and employees | fire people with no notice or valid reason

Advice to Senior Managementopen the lines of communication. it is not fun for employees to go to work everyday, thinking that it may be their last. treat recruiters like adults. adhere to policies and procedures. conv may tell clients that recruiters meet with every candidate...this is far from the truth.

Churn and burn shop

Resource Manager (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsWork hard, party hard culture | very young, all recent college grads | learned a lot | if you keep your job, you'll make a lot of money | very competitive commission plan | the CEO is awesome | annual fun trip to Atlantic City | there are some very talented people there to learn from | work with a lot of clients | multiple offices

Consno job stability | people are fired almost every week | long hours - start time at 730am until 5:30pm or 7pm 2x week | if you're a minute late, you're in trouble. can't ever leave a minute before 5:30 either | treated like a high schooler (not trusted) | the managers def prefer the account managers over the recruiters | the account managers don't know anything about their accounts, or maybe they just don't tell the recruiters anything about it | reqs move really slow | bad work/life balance | facebook & gmail are blocked

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the communication between account managers and recruiters. Treat the employees like the adults and trust them.

Lied!

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsI'm required to enter 20 words here, but honestly the salary is the only pro of this job. It paid much higher than a similar position anywhere else.

ConsMisrepresented position, lied about amount of overtime required, released early from contract stating position was filled internally, but I saw it posted online the same day and they refused to tell me the truth. Then harrassed me about getting their laptop back, but refused to return my personal belongings.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry being honest with your candidates.

Review1

Project Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsRepresentatives exceptional in preparing you for an interview, and maintaing contact through the contract cycle.

Cons$, I found after I submitted with them that another firm was paying better wages and full benefits. They do not feel that a flexible spending plan is important.

Worked for Convergenz? Contribute to the Community!