Convergint Reviews

1. Great Company with some issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I worked at Convergint full-time

Pros

Benefits are outstanding. The company at a high level is great. The company goals and business ethics are top notch

Cons

At the branch level of the company, the companies Values and Beliefs have been lost. In order to meet the goals established at the corporate level, the hiring standards have gone out the window and the company now hires anyone who says they have experience but does not go through a proper vetting process to determine whether the person being interviewed is stating facts or fiction. As a result, the quality of the product delivered to the customer has fallen off significantly.

Advice to Management

Live your V's and B's. Stand behind your employees. Do your best to keep the good employees and get rid of the dead weight. Hire Project Managers who have standards, not just someone who will drive their team to deliver no matter what the quality of the product delivered. Insist that the PM's have integrity and thar their integrity extends to every level of their involvement with the company.

2. Admin Assistant

Pros

Co-workers are best in the industry like a family, centrally located, great customer service, GM awesome

Cons

Low pay, no room to grow, lots of office drama with the women, favoritism

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the people who work hard behind the scenes, keep your management team accountable for their actions, embrace the small company culture

3. Great values, need to make all offices stick to them

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Convergint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convergint has good principles (Values & Beliefs), employee benefits, monthly contests, emphasizes safety, tries to be "a fun place to work", supports charity, and is growing quickly.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company is quite decentralized so actual conditions vary between locations,, makes it seem that some of the stated values and beliefs are window dressing. It's more like franchises or separate (but affiliated) businesses. National contracts are controlled by the office that sold them, feedback cooperation with the offices that must service them could use improvement. Better use of technology is needed; there is no computerized service parts inventory system, time worked goes on a spreadsheet and is entered by office folks, and the celebrated "iCare" web-based dispatch falls way short of what our market competitors have (6/26, announced that there is an effort underway to replace the time accounting and upgrade iCare). Although we are reimbursed for phone expense, colleagues are required to use their own smartphones for iCare and (tethering) Internet access. Weekly expenses of $50-100+ are carried by employees (and reimbursed) instead of corporate cards. In our office, it seems we're more about sales, installed by subs, than really being a service company as advertised. Training opportunities don't live up to what is advertised. Pay levels in the field are short of potential and advancement is mediocre. Recent high turnover in the field has resulted in a loss of balance between work and family life, a stated company value.

Advice to Management

Keep up with what's going on each office, hold them to standards, don't assume things are fine just because profits are okay. Back off on expansion for a bit and get caught up on ensuring that what you already have lives up to the V's & B's for everyone. Institute an accountable training/certification program. Improve the back office accounting/dispatching/time recording/inventory systems and provide field techs with tablets.

Security Specialist

Current Employee - Security Specialist
    Current Employee - Security Specialist

I have been working at Convergint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, commitment to community, Fun and Laughter Day

Cons

Seems to run at Do! Do! Do! instead of think, plan, get it done right at project management level. Too many middle men in project management which muddles communication. Although good about reimbursement, employees should not have to finance jobs.

Advice to Management

Better job planning, slowing down to plan will make it go faster, as there will be fewer mistakes. Consider company credit cards.

Good people, bad management.

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in Washington, DC

I have been working at Convergint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values responsibility to community. Example being Convergint day in which every office worldwide dedicates a days work to an employee selected charity.

Cons

Unorganized and inconclusive company model. Sub contractors used to complete jobs turnkey as opposed to utilizing company resources to oversee sub contractors. Claim to want to build workforce to accommodate bigger jobs though unwilling to aquire and pay experienced techs to accomplish this. Very poor communication and organization on management level.

Advice to Management

Look to utilize the resources that you have in house as opposed to handing jobs over to subs. Offer promotional opportunities to current employees as opposed to hiring additional people, especially when the current work load does not support additional management.

7. Great coworkers

I worked at Convergint full-time

Pros

Fun and Laughter day. Great coworkers. Good core values. Niche market with valuable training.

Cons

Pay is below industry average. You will be charged training expenses or extorted* if you try to leave. Culture around the core values seems to be 'tongue-in-cheek' and not a true commitment. Old hands in the industry may be lazy or entitled but have too much knowledge and experience to be replaced. *Your new job opportunity could be jeopardized.

Advice to Management

Don't focus on numbers as much as culture and quality work. Compensate your quality employees well and remove the dead weight.

8. "WGIBTU" Who's got it better than us?

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Convergint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has great "Values and Beliefs". I was with Convergint for 10 years and there wasn't a day I didn't feel like I was part of this company. Great place start and build a career. You truly own your position at Convergint and they provide the support mechanism to help you achieve your goals. "I am Convergint"

Cons

Not to many issues with this company. If I had to pick one it would be this company runs at very high speed almost to high, I understand projecting being the "best of the best" but running that fast for so long tends to wear out gears. I would like to see a better grown program put in place.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at your procedures and try to understand there limits. Have more team building experiences. Roles/Positions, seek with in before seeking outside. Keep up the positive work environment!

Uses employees - unfair pay

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Convergint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere - got to choose my own hours. For the most part it was a fun place to work, but what I mention in the cons is what gave me a reason to leave.

Cons

Unfair pay. They take advantage of their employees with less experience and pay them lower than other employees. I understand this, but once that employee has as allotted amount of time under his belt, and he has proven himself over and over, his pay should be compensated with those who have experience. This they do not do - they will short change them for as long as they can! They use people - they are very cheap. Upper management screws you!

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, pay them a fair salary!! If it wasn't for your employees, you wouldn't have a company!

Wonderful

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Centennial, CO

I worked at Convergint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved working for this company. They are a family but know when business comes first. I could not imagine working another company and was sad to leave.

Cons

They are too busy!! They need more employees to handle the work load.

Advice to Management

Slow down and take some time to remember why you do what you do. Management is so busy they sometimes forget it's the little things that made the company what it is.

Don't care about Employees

Pros

Fun and Laughter Day ($100 expense paid)

Cons

They don't care about their employees and do not compensate them for their efforts or a job well done. They take advantage of the employees that continue to do well for the company. (ie. volunteer to work overtime) They "advance" employees into new positions while keeping them at the pay of a lower-level position. They do not reimburse for damage done to themselves or property on the job site.

Advice to Management

Praise your employees for a job well done. Don't take advantage of and walk all over your employees. CARE about your employees and their safety, not just about some award you get for being "safe". Pay your employees based on the JOB THEY ARE DOING. If it happens on the job site and the employee is not at fault, the employer should be liable for charges.

RSS Feed </> Embed