Convergint

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Moceri

Awesome company that focuses on being the best at customer service

ProsGreat people to work with. A real team environment. Ability to work on systems for the top 50 companies

ConsPay compensation is on the low end of the scale and the work load is often too much to be completed in 40 hours.

I met some of the nicest people, however the company has no accountability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a great set of core beliefs and we had many company events and I learned a lot while I was there. Some of the nicest coworkers I've ever met.

ConsBosses are out of the office way too much on vacation, no accountability, if somebody leaves the building, nobody knows where they are. A lot of non business stuff going on. No training and you have to work on finding the answers yourself even when you are new. Some locked in colleagues dress and behave extremely unprofessional and get away with it even when it is brought up to HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to do your job in order to be affective. You have to show up to work and put in a full day in order to be affective.

Working with Convergint is a horrible decision.

A/R Clerk (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou get a pay check every two weks.

ConsThe people in the houston office are liars, they do not care one bit about the employees, and they only care about the bottom line. Be sure and watch out for Casey.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to fire you upper managment and start over. Get new fresh people in there that are actually true to there personalities. Two faced upper managment is the worse. and fire the financial branch manager.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most fulfilling job so far

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsGreat values and a firm belief among everyone within the whole company that we are there to make a daily difference.

ConsThe company needs to value every employer at every level

Advice to Senior ManagementTo look for better ways to keep everyone motivated

Highly recommend this quality employer

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent people! Beautifully designed company.

ConsThe only downside would be more specific to individuals and not the company as a whole and that is a level of arrogance that has not been earned.

OK Company

Service (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsOk benefits. The company has established a foot print in the United States,and Canada. They have the work to keep a person employed.

ConsIt's all about the numbers. They care about nothing else. They like to preach on their value and beliefs but don't want to live up to them. Long work hours with no concern about family life. Management has no clue on the working of the company. Most of the management consist of former Siemens employees and they have bring over the work environment of Siemens. They have put numbers before customer service. Communication is poor. Leadership is poor. When they get a big job, they hire plenty of employees but when that job is complete, the firing starts.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up before its to late.

What a "Great Place to Work."

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI love wokring for Convergint their Value and Beliefs are wonderful. Convergint believes in having fun and laughter on a daily basis which helps in very stressful situations as well as just having in upbeat humor daily. Communications is very important the upper managemernt keeps everyone informed on the develop of the company. Also the company as whole once a year gives back to the community in which each of our offices reside in, the offices are shut down for 1 full day in which we go out in work on a special project. There is a positive enviroment in which we work.

ConsThe downside is sometimes we do get very busy and forget to acknowledge some of the accomplishments of the office help. They always recognize the people who work out in the field/sales/project managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember their are people that work internally within our offices who do good work and should be praised.

Keep up the good work you do in communications.

Excellent

ProsDoes this place have it's challenges? Absolutely, it is all part of the growing pains of a incredibly successful company that is only 13 years old. Don't take some of the previous negative comments too seriously. If this place was that terrible to work for, how would the company ever grow from two employees to over 1600 in 12 countries? There are thousands of great people to work along side here. If anyone believes that there exists one company out there has has 100% employee happiness and 0% politics, I have some prime wetland in Florida that I can sell you at a substantial discount.

I've worked enough at other firms ranging from 8 employees to over 50000, in many countries, to realize that finally the grass was actually greener over here at Convergint. Compensation and benefits are fair along with many reasonable and flexible work conditions. There are thousands of highly skilled and responsive employees that moved here because they were tired of dealing with terrible work environments at other firms.

ConsWhen you have 1600 staff scattered around the world, communication will always be challenging but Convergint is still better than most of the other companies I have worked for.

Work life balance is an important part of the culture here, but due to the low availability of high quality staff in the industry, and high growth rates of the company it is not always possible to keep within 40 hours/week. Management is extremely flexible to try and help balance out the work-life however.

With thousands of staff, there will always be some that are only here to collect a paycheck, make noise about useless things and try to plant seeds of dissent. Every company has these people, the trick is to recognize these people and distance yourself from their negativity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of some of the micro-management that always seem to creep in. Give your staff more responsibilities and room to make errors. As long as you work with them to fix those errors, they will feel empowered and less likely to make them again.

Started off good, but the lazy people rat to HQ, to try and get the hard working people fired.

Building Operator (Former Employee) Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

ProsMet some real good people there!

ConsAs mentioned before, there are cliques that are lazy, and then some cliques that are hard working. The lazy ones phone into HQ, using the "rat" line, and rat out the the hard working people, making up lies, because they make the lazy people look bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't listen to the lazy people, of course! Don't allow the smokers to take 15 smoke breaks a day, and make them accountable for the hours that they are paid for.

Career-minded people need not apply.

Sales (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGood people at entry to mid-level, care about their families and each other.

Tuition reimbursement and referral program are nice-to-haves.

ConsPay is lower than other companies, sometimes by $3-4/hr for field people.

No communication between departments, often (daily) resulting in conflicts and inefficiency.

Have "Valued & Beliefs" that are like gospel - but for anyone except management, they are a joke as no one lives by them or follows them.

Mid-level to senior management are bullish, narrow-minded and disconnected from what is happening in the company. Classic management style prevails - promotions are based on personal relationships and how many hours you work, not how good your work is. They look for "worker bees" and "yes men" - not people who can provide insight and eventually take over manager jobs. Senior management in particular are micro-managers, unwilling to let go of control - a huge problem when they are all probably 10 years max away from retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes. The flood gates have opened and people are leaving for a reason - time to change something before the company implodes. If it keeps going this way, I give the company 3-5 years before it gets bought out, sold, or folds.

Worked for Convergint? Contribute to the Community!