Convergys

2.8
1,489 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 89 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 75 reviews)

• Poor work life Balance, they expect work to be your life with not much time for anything else (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

103 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

For a long time I enjoyed working with our customers to resolve issues with their service or equipment.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent compensation. Generally opportunities to increase income by picking up additional work hours. Enjoyed helping customers resolve issues and/or add or modify TV programming.

Cons

Pressure to sell products of partner companies that left customers with a lot to be desired.

Protect your customers better from inferior products offered by your partner companies and 3rd party marketing groups..

Consistent work.

Former Employee - Coworker in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Coworker in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

Great job and skills experience. Resume building for future employment. Many projects allow you to represent large companies around the area.

Cons

Advancing your career may be a struggle. Leadership positions are sometimes dissolved and covered by existing managers from other projects.

Try to help employees realize more of a sense of belonging to an employer taking them to stronger future proofed "room for advancement" positions. More leadership opportunities need to be available for tenured employees to allow a company to become more skilled and grow.

Offers Work From Home

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Is a a good place to look to if you enjoy Customer Service and interacting with customers over the phone.
    It is a great place to begin work from home. No problems with being paid. You do have the option of direct deposit. You can save money on commute to work, lunches, and clothing.

Cons

None, my last position ended after six months with the company.

Team Leaders need to be more fair. Tend to be more negative than positive, more encouraging and motivating.

Hard working, team oriented and fun place to work

Former Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Convergys offers an opportunity to start at an entry level position and move all the way up to the CEO! It is typically very team-oriented and sincere about providing the best service to its clients.

Cons

The pay could be more comparable to the expertise, but the ability to grow in various areas is valuable.

Train upper leadership on how to professionally handle downsizing with integrity and respect to long term employees.

Not a career

Former Employee - Inside-Sales Account Manager in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Inside-Sales Account Manager in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Always hiring in their call center.

Cons

mid-level and senior management is not well trained and resorts to micro-managing techniques

CONVERGYS CORPORATION...

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys (more than 5 years)

Pros

very good vacation at salary level

Cons

SALARIES ARE DEFINITELY UNDER MARKET- There are not any minorities at Senior management level-

no advice to management as the employees are not as important as the bottom line

Halfway decent until they decide to screw you.

Former Employee - Tech Support in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Halfway decent pay, work from home opportunities, overtime if you want it, benefits start immediately after training

Cons

Authoritarian and draconian time clock policies (if your shift starts at 8 you are late and penalized at 8:01. They will let you sign into your station 5 minutes early, but have since instated a policy that if you do that they want you clocked in within 2 minutes). They also seem to be of the mind that a 2 wk notice is a letter of resignation and just as soon fire you (happened to one of their training coaches), and they are twice as hard on the work @ home team than they are at the office (I was fired because they overheard me whisper something to my fiance on call. They spoke to me about it first, let me finish my shift, have a day off, and fired me at the end of the following work day, even making up crap about me cussing out a customer on call. Like they wouldn't have just fired me the day they talked to me about it the first time if I was seriously cussing out customers on call. Common sense suggests that would result in being summarily fired).

Definitely don't resort to making up crap about why you fired someone if the initial reason why you let them go was reason enough. I also found it suspect that Time Warner Cable hired at least 30 former employees of yours between Sept 2013 and summer 2014. I saw so many old faces there I wondered if Time Warner turned into Convergys. I wonder how many signed up for the health insurance? Did you clean out your tenured employees so you could get a new team of people that couldn't sign up for open enrollment until it starts in NOV?

OK place to work so far.........

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Bonus for perfect attendance
    401K plan with Fidelity
    Pretty alright bi-weekly paychecks
    Advancement opportunities
    Overtime opportunities in which you can earn attendance points back

Cons

Long training, which doesn't cover every scenario you will encounter on the phones (7weeks total)
    Some co-workers tend to be cliquish and rude
    Strict rules and guidelines to follow (based on the project I'm currently working for)
    Breaks and lunches go very fast
    Sometimes hard to find parking during the day (not good if your running late already)
    Always pushing for excellent call stats (most of the time I feel a lot of pressure to do well)
    Constantly worried about getting good feedback on customer surveys and lots of pressure to reduce customer repeat callbacks.

Try to learn more about what should be done on the production floor (sometimes the coaches seem lost)
    and depending on which person you ask you get different answers.

Very unprofessional and borderline unscrupulous.

Current Employee - Technical Support in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro is that it is local.

Cons

Very low pay, draconian attendance policy, no HR department to speak of, very condescending treatment from management.

Increase compensation, improve employee morale, be much more transparent.

Capricious

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work fom home. Regular paycheck. Paid time off.

Cons

Out of pocket expeses for internet and equipment. Low hourly wage and bonuses are erratic.

Reward performance. Correct meteric system anomolies.