Convergys Reviews

1. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. I was able to travel the globe to many locations to train the offshore employees.

Cons

Salary is not competitive for management. If you are just starting and looking to get experience it is a great place to do so, but you will soon be looking to jump to another company for better pay.

Continue to promote from within and look into your salary structure.

2. I worked there for a month

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Great people. Training great.

Cons

Had to share a desk and you possibly would not be a seat next to your TL. Wants you to answer phone calls to reschedule appointments (which is what I was told all I would be doing from HR) when in fact you are tech support. One computer screen to see 15 application. Have to share headsets. Multi million corp and can't even get your own headset let alone ear cushions. Can bid on schedule but when in truth you have the schedule they want you to have. And then change said schedule several times. Always on you about stats always.

Get it together educate your HR dept on what they want from you.

3. Jeez, what a real cluster.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you're on everyone's good side and keep your head down, you could probably skate by for years if you're just looking for a paycheck.

Cons

The benefits and the barely livable wage weren't enough to save this stinker. I can't stress the attendance policy posts from everyone else enough. I was given an ultimatum to keep my job because I went on a scheduled vacation that apparently wasn't really approved of despite the fact that it said it was. I was diagnosed and struggled with major depression while I worked there and every day that I felt like killing myself and couldn't bare to drag myself into this place, I got a mark up from management. My direct supervisor did as much as she could, thankfully, keeping me employed for a margin of time further. But if my attendance wasn't in such disrepair from my ILLNESS, I wouldn't have been fired for taking a SCHEDULED VACATION.

Just burn down all the crops and start over. From top to bottom, this company is run with blatant disregard for employees. Their HR department is frustrated when anyone steps into their office. Your rules on bathroom usage treat grown adults like they're gradeschool children. You give birth to new agents like a rabbit gives birth to bunnies, it's about mass quantities of stupid little bunnies hoping that maybe one or two will make it to adulthood. Focus on people who are actually competent and maybe, someday, people would actually like working here.

5. Misery loves company

Former Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Florence, KY

I worked at Convergys

Pros

It was close to where I went to school.

Cons

Management is very unprofessional, often moody or unstable in emotions.

Fix your disposition when you interact with subordinates.

6. Run

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Several bonuses, work with cool people, job is ever changing.

Cons

Hours kept getting flipped, uniform pay scale, constantly threatened to be fired

Stop ending every conversation/email/phone call with "or you'll be fired."

Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Customer Administrative Associate in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Administrative Associate in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about the inner workings on the contracted companies. You can build lifetime friendships within your team. My team worked with a health issue I was having. Nice wage but doesn't grow very quickly. Very good benefits package.

Cons

Favoritism is big. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you're going above and beyond and get an exceptional yearly review year after year - there's no possibility to move up. Intimidation factor from some managers. Good job only until you find something better.

Honor those workers who go above and beyond their job duties and who are loyal to both Convergys and the contracted company. In my case it was P&G and honestly at the end of my almost five years I wished I was working straight with them.

8. Run for the hills for your dignity.

Former Employee - Uverse Support/Business Class in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Uverse Support/Business Class in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Will hired anyone.. There is nothing good to say about this place. Everything is horrible. The pay, benefits, time off, if don't have FMLA before u work here ..u will need it after

Cons

If negative stars were an option they would be negative infinity to the 1000 power. If anyone sa
    ys simmering good they are lieing. I would rather clean the toilets at white castle. I can't even put into words the distain I feel for this company. My old "boss" took a demotion to get out. Beware

Grow up u seriously suck. Treat people like they are less than human. I hate u. And hate no one more or at all for that matter. That is all

9. I would give less than one star but I wasn't able to...

Former Employee - Tech Support in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys

Pros

working from home, and that is all

Cons

pay, abuse from company and customers with little pay, company values, benefits arrangements, and hr department

Hire people in HR that speak English and can deal with employees complaints/problems, leave benefits arrangements in house instead of outsourcing them to a 3rd party, and pay your employees what they are worth

10. Consistent work.

Former Employee - Coworker in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Coworker in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

Great job and skills experience. Resume building for future employment. Many projects allow you to represent large companies around the area.

Cons

Advancing your career may be a struggle. Leadership positions are sometimes dissolved and covered by existing managers from other projects.

Try to help employees realize more of a sense of belonging to an employer taking them to stronger future proofed "room for advancement" positions. More leadership opportunities need to be available for tenured employees to allow a company to become more skilled and grow.

11. For a long time I enjoyed working with our customers to resolve issues with their service or equipment.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent compensation. Generally opportunities to increase income by picking up additional work hours. Enjoyed helping customers resolve issues and/or add or modify TV programming.

Cons

Pressure to sell products of partner companies that left customers with a lot to be desired.

Protect your customers better from inferior products offered by your partner companies and 3rd party marketing groups..