Convergys Reviews

Reset
2.5
Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • It is a great place to begin work from home (in 89 reviews)

• Fun work environment nice building (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Best Advice to anyone looking for this call center type of work (in 75 reviews)

• Makes it hard to get a work life balance (in 26 reviews)

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Care/EU in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Care/EU in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, good pay and benefits

Cons

Training could be a little more organized

2. Customer call center representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The facility stays kind of clean, usually. The parking lot is big. Has a bathroom. The air conditioner feels good, when it works.

Cons

Absolute wretched work environment, zero respect given to employees, disorganized and clueless management, poor training, hours change constantly without notice, chances of promotion slim to none, pretty much anybody who applies for this job will get it because the turnover rate is gigantic.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Quit promising benefits and opportunities that simply aren't there. Be honest with employees about their job performance. Abide by your own rules and set the example. Show some integrity and some backbone and own up to your mistakes. Quit preaching teamwork and then leaving your employees out to hang.

3. Great incentives for being good at your job. Prizes, lunch, snacks.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, opportunity to climb the ladder. A lot of floor support and coachings so you can be the best. This is a great place to start a career. Cash Bonus for good stats. Pay raises based on attendance.

Cons

Sometimes you can get bad advise from management. If you don't have a friendly demeanor it can be easy to make customers mad. You have to speak on behalf of the company whether you agree with it or not.

5. BISC/Customer Care

Current Employee - Customer Care/EU/Digital Life in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Care/EU/Digital Life in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is becoming more up to par. Looks like they are training TLs a little better

Cons

Clarksville TN: revolving door, they do not appreciate employees, trashy work environment, employees all sleeping with each other, one week new class will arrive the next week 5 people get walked out. 700+ seats as advertised, ONLY 200+ filled... Why is this? Forced to call out if PTO/UTO not available, SICK...? That could cost you your Job! Points system for which you get if tardy or leave early or call out is the HORRIBLE! Put it this way, if you are tardy one minute (keep in mind you have 5 min to logon your systems) you get 1/4 or .25 a point when a whole day off is one point. You work 3/4 of day and get sick, too bad .50 or 1/2 point GONE and you only get 12 points! I am still employed here, take my advice stay away.

Advice to Management

Stop telling future Agents in interviews they did so well in an interview you make it appear you are offering multiple positions based on background/the interview/scores, because reality and word spread around that is the only jobs available. You tell everybody that! Also put a condom dispenser in the male bath rooms, and have people dress a little more professional! Place is a DUMP! Training classes... Enjoy a few weeks of high school all over again folks! Training classes at Clarksville TN site are bad as walking into a truck stop restroom, on how unprofessional some people act as well as trainers too! Hope you appreciate my honesty, please do not waste your time. It is NOT worth $10hr

6. Just a call center.

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy to get hired, full time hours, first several weeks are paid training

Cons

too easy to call out of work, immature atmosphere at times, frustrating environment.

Advice to Management

too much to write.

This is the only job I have ever worked in which I sat in the parking lot and called in sick rather than go in again.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K matching is nice, allows you to master customer service skills, great co-workers

Cons

Poor facilities, poor pay, turnover is high for a reason, expected to take too much abuse from customers

Advice to Management

Get rid of slip seating. It's one thing to hotel, but to have to find a new desk after each lunch or training, or even some breaks is ridiculous especially as it hurts stats. There needs to be some feeling of upward progression. There absolutely should be NO reason agents should have to tolerate the verbal abuse of some of the callers. I completely believe in good customer service, that being said, if a caller starts off verbally abusive agents should be able to warn them to stop or they will disconnect the call and they should be allowed to do so. No one is paid anywhere near enough to have to stay on the line with someone that is so abusive. All calls are monitored, so they can be reviewed to be sure the process is not abused by agents. I don't care what company Convergys is providing service for, the agents should not have to tolerate verbal abuse from callers.

8. Want to feel completely expendable? Then work here.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give you a paycheck.

Cons

Treated terrible by customers and coworkers.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more.

9. constant change

Former Employee - Customer Service Resolution Spec II in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Resolution Spec II in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best reason for working with Convergys is income.

Cons

I worked under a wireless phone company in which policies changed frequently and people were fired or moved to a different department based on the client's whims.

Advice to Management

My advice would be like a grain of salt.

Great advancement, low pay scale

Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, high energy atmosphere with commitment to hire from within. Find a mentor and let them know what you want to do and it will most likely happen if you apply yourself.

Cons

In this part of the country the wages are low for work that pays 5-10k more anywhere else in the US.

Advice to Management

While the work atmosphere is excellent, the financial benefits are less than thrilling. Recognition does not pay the bills.

Outsourcing Call Center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, overtime, and the managers were always willing to help. In fact, the managers went above and beyond to help me as a new customer service rep.

Cons

All CSR employees had to share desks/computers during a single shift. Say for instance: I leave my desk for my lunch/15 min. break-when I returned another co-worker has taken my desk because that person had to wait an x amount of time just to find an open computer. This created a huge amount of tension in the call center amongst employees.

Also, the quality of co-workers wasn't all that great either. But God bless them, because they have to make a living for themselves too.

Showing 17 of 1,901 reviews