Convergys Reviews in Clarksville, TN

2.9
1,356 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 86 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 71 reviews)

• There is no work life balance, since schedule is often very incosistant (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Just a call center.

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II  in  Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy to get hired, full time hours, first several weeks are paid training

Cons

too easy to call out of work, immature atmosphere at times, frustrating environment.

too much to write.

BISC/Customer Care

Current Employee - Customer Care/EU/Digital Life  in  Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Care/EU/Digital Life in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is becoming more up to par. Looks like they are training TLs a little better

Cons

Clarksville TN: revolving door, they do not appreciate employees, trashy work environment, employees all sleeping with each other, one week new class will arrive the next week 5 people get walked out. 700+ seats as advertised, ONLY 200+ filled... Why is this? Forced to call out if PTO/UTO not available, SICK...? That could cost you your Job! Points system for which you get if tardy or leave early or call out is the HORRIBLE! Put it this way, if you are tardy one minute (keep in mind you have 5 min to logon your systems) you get 1/4 or .25 a point when a whole day off is one point. You work 3/4 of day and get sick, too bad .50 or 1/2 point GONE and you only get 12 points! I am still employed here, take my advice stay away.

Stop telling future Agents in interviews they did so well in an interview you make it appear you are offering multiple positions based on background/the interview/scores, because reality and word spread around that is the only jobs available. You tell everybody that! Also put a condom dispenser in the male bath rooms, and have people dress a little more professional! Place is a DUMP! Training classes... Enjoy a few weeks of high school all over again folks! Training classes at Clarksville TN site are bad as walking into a truck stop restroom, on how unprofessional some people act as well as trainers too! Hope you appreciate my honesty, please do not waste your time. It is NOT worth $10hr

This is the only job I have ever worked in which I sat in the parking lot and called in sick rather than go in again.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

401K matching is nice, allows you to master customer service skills, great co-workers

Cons

Poor facilities, poor pay, turnover is high for a reason, expected to take too much abuse from customers

Get rid of slip seating. It's one thing to hotel, but to have to find a new desk after each lunch or training, or even some breaks is ridiculous especially as it hurts stats. There needs to be some feeling of upward progression. There absolutely should be NO reason agents should have to tolerate the verbal abuse of some of the callers. I completely believe in good customer service, that being said, if a caller starts off verbally abusive agents should be able to warn them to stop or they will disconnect the call and they should be allowed to do so. No one is paid anywhere near enough to have to stay on the line with someone that is so abusive. All calls are monitored, so they can be reviewed to be sure the process is not abused by agents. I don't care what company Convergys is providing service for, the agents should not have to tolerate verbal abuse from callers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Want to feel completely expendable? Then work here.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

They give you a paycheck.

Cons

Treated terrible by customers and coworkers.

Value your employees more.

constant change

Former Employee - Customer Service Resolution Spec II  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Resolution Spec II in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best reason for working with Convergys is income.

Cons

I worked under a wireless phone company in which policies changed frequently and people were fired or moved to a different department based on the client's whims.

My advice would be like a grain of salt.

Great advancement, low pay scale

Former Employee - Associate Trainer  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, high energy atmosphere with commitment to hire from within. Find a mentor and let them know what you want to do and it will most likely happen if you apply yourself.

Cons

In this part of the country the wages are low for work that pays 5-10k more anywhere else in the US.

While the work atmosphere is excellent, the financial benefits are less than thrilling. Recognition does not pay the bills.

Outsourcing Call Center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is great, overtime, and the managers were always willing to help. In fact, the managers went above and beyond to help me as a new customer service rep.

Cons

All CSR employees had to share desks/computers during a single shift. Say for instance: I leave my desk for my lunch/15 min. break-when I returned another co-worker has taken my desk because that person had to wait an x amount of time just to find an open computer. This created a huge amount of tension in the call center amongst employees.

Also, the quality of co-workers wasn't all that great either. But God bless them, because they have to make a living for themselves too.

overall experience=ugh

Former Employee - CSRII, Combined Billing, Retention Team  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - CSRII, Combined Billing, Retention Team in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits (Health, Dental, 401K), Decent starting pay. Many overtime hours available. Paid time off.

Cons

No raises. Bad management. No accountability for time put in, no seniority rights. Mandatory overtime that can be added to the end of shift with no breaks in between, which can equate to four hours straight of taking calls with no break. Poor training-what you learn in training are the basics mixed with either outdated or wrong information. Best place to start is in a brick and mortar that will allow an agent to learn from other agents.

Bring back raises and seniority considerations.

Great opportunity for upward mobility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, advancement opportunities, great culture

Cons

Demanding hours for management, little pay

Had a great time hearing the many different stories.

Former Employee - Transition Coach  in  Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Transition Coach in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the job, most of the customers, and most of the emloyees. The pay was really well as a start off for our community, and the job was very easy.

Cons

Managers were very hypocrytical, did not get paid right a lot of the time, and promises were made but never kept.

If you promise something to an employee, make sure you can follow through. The job can be rough for everyone, but you have responsibilities, and they need to be tended to more efficently.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!