Convergys Reviews

• Manila, Philippines Area
3.8
Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

1. I was an Account Specialist and i handled multiple accounts from our bank client. We had inbound, outbound and varolli.

Former Employee - Collections Account Specialist in Makati City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Collections Account Specialist in Makati City (Philippines)

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have good facilities, sleeping lounges at every floor, clinics with nurses and doctors willing to assist and HR staffs that you can ask assistance with.

Cons

The graveyard time shift seldom changes so it's kind of tiring because we had to get used to it. I had to leave the office at around noon time which gives me inconvenience going home.

Work on the issues and problems that was brought up by your current employees. Those issues must be solved so that they can work proficiently and efficiently.

2. Convergys: A Vast Ocean

Current Employee - Team Leader in Makati City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Convergys is really a nice place to work for. They value their employees through employee appreciation day, incentives for OTs and performance, company out of town events, etc.
    As a leader, you will be well equipped with what you need through constant training, coaching improvement and refresher courses.

Cons

Though it is a company that empowers building from within, it is also a very deep and big company to dive in and pool for talent.
    One challenge that one can experience is that not all sites are following a single operating model when it comes to managing performance, metrics and talent development.

The Global Operating Model needs to be implemented all across sites.

3. Average paying company

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Average pay with minimal workload, depending on which site and shift schedule you are in. People & the culture would also depend on the same criteria

Cons

- Shifting schedule, which would impact work-load and the commute or travel time towards the designated site. Morning shift tends to be heavy or loaded, whilst night shift tends to be lenient and/or no work load at all.

- Create better opportunities for entry level and mid-level employee's, and from this point on they tend to be part of the attrition due to the lack of development and growth. Although past these hurdles, benefits would be quite hefty and bearable workload.

5. Convergys Experience

Current Employee - Team Leader in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has high standards and has a very good global operating model that does lead people the right way. The company is known for building from within. Has a good compensation plan and a retirement pay after 5-10 years.Has open door policy.

Cons

It is hard to climb up the ladder since its already quite a big company.

Have some sort of a survey before promoting anyone to a position.

6. Convergys let's you grow and bring out the best skill you've got, it made me competent professional.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alabang (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alabang (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like their standards, they sets high bars on reaching goals which pushes an agent like me to strive harder to stay. Without you knowing it you are simply improving and getting better and better. I like the early retirement program they are offering.

Cons

Being one of the best BPO industry and having high standards, somehow it puts stress on it. What I hate about it is that their helthcard sucks! Such a well-known company in BPO provides very CHEAP healthcard benefits to their people whom they say their frontliners

n/a

7. Great training

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Makati City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great treating, people, and leadership

Cons

Compensation is not that high

8. Legacy Stream Team Manager

Current Employee - Team Manager in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Happy and fun environment mostly brought about by colleagues.
    Site Management, however, does have something in store for the employees quarterly albeit inconsistent.

Cons

Currently no salary increase when you are a team manager, only quarterly incentive.
    No clear and consistent process for promotion.

We're waiting for integration updates.

9. Support is always there

Current Employee - Technical Customer Care Representative in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are spectacular. Never had trouble when I got sick or had to be admitted in the hospital. My dependents were also covered. Successes are recognized and rewarded. Employee satisfaction and safety are topmost in their list. Management is always ready to support in times of tragedy and calamity, and this made me feel like I was part of a real family.

Cons

The hardest part about working for Convergys as a Technical Support Representative were the hours. We had to go to work even on holidays which made work-life balance difficult. There is also high employee attrition and turnover, but this, I've noticed, is not uncommon in the call center environment.

10. Great place to work in

Current Employee - IT Supervisor in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - IT Supervisor in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Satisfying, great environment, mall outside, sexy agents

Cons

Food can use some improvement. The toilet has no tissues

11. Survival of the fittest

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Decent Salary
    - Most TLs are approachable
    - Retirement Pay after 5 to 10 yrs
    - Pay on time
    - Quarterly bonuses
    - Performance incentives (Account specific)
    - Yearly appraisals

Cons

- Account Management has more power than HR in terms of employment or benefit issues
    - Poor people retention
    - Promotion depends on who you know not your performance
    - no dispute process for certain accounts

- Be more sensitive to tier 1 employee needs and issues