Convergys

2.8
1,540 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 89 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 75 reviews)

• Poor work life Balance, they expect work to be your life with not much time for anything else (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Upper Management at its worst.

Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative II in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative II in Ogden, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great customers to talk to.
    No script.
    Very friendly co workers and Trainers.

Cons

Old Building.
    Mandatory Overtime.
    No flexible Schedule.
    Cant use PTO whenever you'd like.
    Health insurance too expensive ... anywhere from $85-260 PER CHECK for 1 single person
    Power hungry team leaders
    Abuse of point system... Although we were allowed to use up to 12 attendance points, I had a couple of Team leads that would purposely place a point for no reason, they would never get it fixed or ask you to talk to an OM in which they may or may not do so.
    Complicated phone system.

Purge all of your current team leaders that are power hungry and don't know what they're doing and hire new ones that are willing to help out their agents!

Great company, but not a great client

Current Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Logan, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Convergys is amazing company with great beifits

Cons

Dont like their clientits Comcast

Make us feal more iimportant

Customer Service Rep

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They paid decently
    They offer benefits but they are pretty minimal and expensive.

Cons

The environment at Converges was extremely stressful and demoralizing. Sales are stressed far too much to be effective customer service agents. And once they get you on a schedule it is next to impossible to get a day off or trade shifts.

Be more flexible with schedules and try to reduce rather than increase stress.

Worked as customer service rep, client services coordinator and network engineer over 10 years

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Ogden, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Convenient and close to home, easy to get hired.

Cons

Poor management, important skills are often missing in this area and I found a large number of managers to be unprofessional. The work environment was often noisy with team leaders trying to boost moral while blaring music in a call center. Customers would sometimes ask if we were having a party.

Be careful who you choose for center operations manager and team leads as they can directly influence moral and overall behavior of frontline employees negatively.

Just enough pay and benefits to keep you stuck, high stress and NO appreciation!!

Former Employee - Transition Coach in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Transition Coach in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you don't have a record its easy to get hired, two breaks and a lunch.

Cons

No matter how hard I worked every time I interviewed for a promotion the only feedback I was given was that my answers to the interview questions needed to be MORE SPECIFIC! I don't think if I gave them exact dates and times it would have been good enough. This was just a lame excuse because there wasn't a good reason to why the hired someone who had been there 1/2 the time of me or someone who had almost been fired one month prior. It comes down to them playing favorites.

Show some loyalty and gratitude to employees!

Run while you still can!

Former Employee - Convergys Technical Support in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Convergys Technical Support in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ONLY upsides to this place is that you can do infinite amount of overtime, and I heard that the night shift was awesome. My brother works nights, and he LIKES the job. HATED days.

Cons

Bullying nonstop. HR will do NOTHING to stop the bullying. They will look for someone to blame, and it will usually be the person who reported it. Physical assaults. I was physically assaulted in front of two team leaders, a trainer, and multiple employees. HR did nothing, even after the girl went on record and admitted to assaulting me. TLs don't do their jobs. Floor walkers are worthless, and most are friends of the TLs who can't do their job. My entire training class wound up quitting/being fired (a few times for computer attendance glitches) because of ONE girl or multiple issues like not being able to do their job with the tools provided. Give people their passwords and access to programs BEFORE they hit the call floor. Stop docking people for not saying "thank you" ENOUGH times. Once should be enough. Don't work during the day, constant back to back calls and lots of drama from high school girls that never grew up. Training is a joke, and we learned NOTHING. Had to learn it all ourselves, even floor support wouldn't/couldn't help.

Better TLs, no more sex on the call floor, stop the bullying and harassment, better pay, and hire TLs that aren't just "favorites" (usually the favorites aren't very good at their jobs). Stop the constant hooking up on the call floor. Stop allowing certain people to break rules. Update your computers and physical equipment. They run like garbage and everything is falling apart. CLEAN the place. PAY people! Some of us are missing more then two weeks of work, a year later. Hire people that actually know how to use a computer...and end the harassment.

Get rid of all the rules. You shouldn't have to ask for permission to bring a BOOK to read during downtime, if there ever was any.

Try to work at home or at night. Both have little to no drama, and are very relaxed in comparison. Don't believe the drama that ONE person is causing. If ONE person keeps reporting an ENTIRE training class/team, then THAT person is the problem.

Not flexible

Former Employee - Inbound Call in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Inbound Call in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys part-time (more than an year)

Pros

12 sick days off every quarter with no questions asked, bond with co-workers

Cons

Highly pressured by team manager can get a little overwheling. If you have college work or need a set schedule you may be screwed. Had to fire me because I needed emergency surgercy

Your team leads are really jerks and no one likes them

Great starting company

Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. Like any job, it is what you make of it. At my site there wasn't much of an incentive to move up. Working full time you'd only pull in about 22,000 without incentives and a supervisor would only bring 4,000 above that. I ended up going to a different call center once I had enough experience and pulled in around 30,000 before bonuses.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the retirement package (401k matching stinks,) and the pay was slightly below average for this type of work (call centers.)

Convergys as a company has hit a peak. The only way to continue sustainable growth at this point is to continue buying out smaller companies to add to your portfolio and revenue stream.

Stress. Stress. Stress.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paid training, friendly coworkers. Working from home

Cons

Poor communication; unrealistic job expectations; no room for advancement; no raises; only monthly "bonuses"

Good benefits, hard job, no.

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay for a college student.
    Tuition reimbursement.
    Decent benefit options.

Cons

No flexibility in your hours. Once you have a schedule it is set in stone and next to impossible to change.

Be more flexible in scheduling.