Convergys Reviews

Reset
2.6
Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • It is a great place to begin work from home (in 89 reviews)

• Fun work environment nice building (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Best Advice to anyone looking for this call center type of work (in 75 reviews)

• Makes it hard to get a work life balance (in 26 reviews)

1. Customer Account Executive

Former Employee - Teir I Customer Account Executive in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Teir I Customer Account Executive in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay increase per performance Helpful coaches and quality team leads Available roaming staff to help with questions while on live calls Successful company solid procedures and policies.

Cons

Negative co-workers and venting. Really brings down the morale of the workplace. Most coworkers are worse at complaining than irritated customers. If you don't want or like the job, quit and save the rest of us your misery.

Advice to Management

You're underpaid, and are Saints for what you put up with. Keep rocking it solid.

2. Promises Not Kept to Employees

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Roy, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Roy, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

they pay 10.50 per hour, which is better than a few other low paying call centers that still exist out there.

Cons

They make promises of a better shift that will be available it you work the closing shift for now, although that doesnt happen there quick enough nor at all for most. Also they make promises of incentives, bonus money, over time and stipends paid by their vendors...although when your payday comes, that money is magically missing as well as forgotten and denied to you for whatever reason. The team leads at Convergys act like spoiled entitled teenagers who dress like they are going to a night club or to run a marathon, very unprofessinal atmosphere and team leads are dating one another and being non discreet about it as well.

Advice to Management

clean house, have a zero tolerance policy for unprofessionalism in the workplace and keep your promises where employees money is concerned as this is the law

3. RCI is the worlds largest time share company.

Current Employee - RCI Travel Guide in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - RCI Travel Guide in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is awesome, money is decent. People here are great and really work with you and want you to succeed

Cons

The actual members are aggravating most of the time because the whole exchange system is a lot of information and kind of confusing, but if you can talk them through it the rest of the call goes pretty smoothly. RCI really pushes sales though, so if you're not confident with sales probably shouldn't go after this job because they are VERY competitive.

Advice to Management

Please update the systems we work with as well as the website. It's really not too complicated but it would really help the calls go by more smoothly. Also the website really needs to be more user friendly. Half the calls are because you have to walk the members step by step how to do things on their own, which means less time to try and make sales.

5. You are too good for this job!

Former Employee - Customer Service Slave in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Slave in Ogden, UT

Pros

None, just filling in the box to post review.

Cons

Convergys is on its way out. I was let go on the Comcast project because I supposedly interrupted an irate caller calling me every name in the book. Set up their employees to fail. They want you to be fast, sell, but sit there and be yelled at. No employer should allow their employees to be put through this kind of abuse. I'd worked there for many years, way too many. They were looking for a reason to get rid of me. Horrible training and communication. Asked for examples many times from constantly changing managers. I was too good for this job! Thank God I'm out, it's the best thing that's happened to me in years!!!!

Advice to Management

Good luck, you're going to need it. You won't get away with treating your employees like this forever!

6. Operations manager

Current Employee - Site Operations Manager and Operations Manager in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Site Operations Manager and Operations Manager in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, 401 k and medical benefits. I enjoy the people I work with

Cons

Low wages with little or no compensation for stretch assignments resulting in 60 plus hour work weeks

Advice to Management

Take care of the management team that's driving results and producing green score cards

Sent me to the doctor, then fired me

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Pros

Pretty decent starting wage for a call center, easy to get overtime from high turnover rate

Cons

They do not tell you how much stress this job actually is! I wasn't told I would be Comcast technical support until I was in training, and that most customers would be yelling at me day in and day out. The stress eventually starting giving me an ulcer, which I found out I was developing after traces of blood starting showing up in my vomit which was cause by stress stomachaches. I had to go home early a few times because I would start dry-retching on the call floor and be in no shape to work, and then was promptly fired for passing the attendance allotment due to this medical problem. I didn't even make it out of training. Needless to say, I definitely won't reapply.

8. An Okay Student Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the Logan, Utah location, they pay a decent wage for students. A lot of the management there can be very friendly and helpful too.

Cons

That site's client was Comcast and it seemed that Convergys didn't seem to push Comcast for the proper tools to help customers (the tools that actual Comcast employees use), so the employees hands are often tied.

Advice to Management

Improve uptraining for employees. Go further than just a suggestion box; use team leads to learn employees concerns and have the leads pass them on. And then consider those concerns seriously.

9. Tell me another joke...

Former Contractor - Former Employee in Roy, UT
    Former Contractor - Former Employee in Roy, UT

I worked at Convergys as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Free Directv. Fairly decent call floor, with average computer equipment. Some nice co-workers, some not so nice. Free food, sometimes.

Cons

The people that are chosen for coaches are all on a power trip. They never commend you for going the extra mile. They are too busy doing everything the agents aren't allowed to. Long breaks and lunches, cell phones, internet use. Hypocrite is a good description of them.

Advice to Management

Put someone in a Management position that deserves it, instead of your friends. Listen, when an agent has a problem. Be available. HR is a huge joke. Never in the office.

10. Director

Former Employee - Director in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Director in Ogden, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

Great people. There is a lot of tenured and talented leadership. The company is talented at outsourcing, multi country support, and contact center management. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and mentoring.

Cons

Outsourced work and thus fewer benefits and wages to fund the work. The client relationship is understandably first priority but my experience was employees can be seen as disposable to meet client requests.

Advice to Management

Trust you middle management. Client input can be biased. When clients make requests for changes look into the reasons behind the request. It can be in the client's best interest to better support the employee.

Don't waste your time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Pros

Can't think of anything good.

Cons

Management does not care about you. Just a number to them, they say there are advancement opportunities but it's just lies to keep you there while they jack you around.

Advice to Management

They won't listen they do these employee surveys but don't care or do anything to make it better.

Showing 42 of 2,069 reviews