Convergys Reviews in Ogden, UT

2.9
1,338 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 83 reviews)

• Great training job to work in a high busy work environment (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 65 reviews)

• There is no work life balance, since schedule is often very incosistant (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Upper Management at its worst.

Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative II  in  Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative II in Ogden, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great customers to talk to.
    No script.
    Very friendly co workers and Trainers.

Cons

Old Building.
    Mandatory Overtime.
    No flexible Schedule.
    Cant use PTO whenever you'd like.
    Health insurance too expensive ... anywhere from $85-260 PER CHECK for 1 single person
    Power hungry team leaders
    Abuse of point system... Although we were allowed to use up to 12 attendance points, I had a couple of Team leads that would purposely place a point for no reason, they would never get it fixed or ask you to talk to an OM in which they may or may not do so.
    Complicated phone system.

Purge all of your current team leaders that are power hungry and don't know what they're doing and hire new ones that are willing to help out their agents!

Just enough pay and benefits to keep you stuck, high stress and NO appreciation!!

Former Employee - Transition Coach  in  Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Transition Coach in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As long as you don't have a record its easy to get hired, two breaks and a lunch.

Cons

No matter how hard I worked every time I interviewed for a promotion the only feedback I was given was that my answers to the interview questions needed to be MORE SPECIFIC! I don't think if I gave them exact dates and times it would have been good enough. This was just a lame excuse because there wasn't a good reason to why the hired someone who had been there 1/2 the time of me or someone who had almost been fired one month prior. It comes down to them playing favorites.

Show some loyalty and gratitude to employees!

Run while you still can!

Former Employee - Convergys Technical Support  in  Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Convergys Technical Support in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ONLY upsides to this place is that you can do infinite amount of overtime, and I heard that the night shift was awesome. My brother works nights, and he LIKES the job. HATED days.

Cons

Bullying nonstop. HR will do NOTHING to stop the bullying. They will look for someone to blame, and it will usually be the person who reported it. Physical assaults. I was physically assaulted in front of two team leaders, a trainer, and multiple employees. HR did nothing, even after the girl went on record and admitted to assaulting me. TLs don't do their jobs. Floor walkers are worthless, and most are friends of the TLs who can't do their job. My entire training class wound up quitting/being fired (a few times for computer attendance glitches) because of ONE girl or multiple issues like not being able to do their job with the tools provided. Give people their passwords and access to programs BEFORE they hit the call floor. Stop docking people for not saying "thank you" ENOUGH times. Once should be enough. Don't work during the day, constant back to back calls and lots of drama from high school girls that never grew up. Training is a joke, and we learned NOTHING. Had to learn it all ourselves, even floor support wouldn't/couldn't help.

Better TLs, no more sex on the call floor, stop the bullying and harassment, better pay, and hire TLs that aren't just "favorites" (usually the favorites aren't very good at their jobs). Stop the constant hooking up on the call floor. Stop allowing certain people to break rules. Update your computers and physical equipment. They run like garbage and everything is falling apart. CLEAN the place. PAY people! Some of us are missing more then two weeks of work, a year later. Hire people that actually know how to use a computer...and end the harassment.

Get rid of all the rules. You shouldn't have to ask for permission to bring a BOOK to read during downtime, if there ever was any.

Try to work at home or at night. Both have little to no drama, and are very relaxed in comparison. Don't believe the drama that ONE person is causing. If ONE person keeps reporting an ENTIRE training class/team, then THAT person is the problem.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not flexible

Former Employee - Inbound Call  in  Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Inbound Call in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys part-time for more than a year

Pros

12 sick days off every quarter with no questions asked, bond with co-workers

Cons

Highly pressured by team manager can get a little overwheling. If you have college work or need a set schedule you may be screwed. Had to fire me because I needed emergency surgercy

Your team leads are really jerks and no one likes them

Great starting company

Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative  in  Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. Like any job, it is what you make of it. At my site there wasn't much of an incentive to move up. Working full time you'd only pull in about 22,000 without incentives and a supervisor would only bring 4,000 above that. I ended up going to a different call center once I had enough experience and pulled in around 30,000 before bonuses.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the retirement package (401k matching stinks,) and the pay was slightly below average for this type of work (call centers.)

Convergys as a company has hit a peak. The only way to continue sustainable growth at this point is to continue buying out smaller companies to add to your portfolio and revenue stream.

Stress. Stress. Stress.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid training, friendly coworkers. Working from home

Cons

Poor communication; unrealistic job expectations; no room for advancement; no raises; only monthly "bonuses"

Good benefits, hard job, no.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Logan, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay for a college student.
    Tuition reimbursement.
    Decent benefit options.

Cons

No flexibility in your hours. Once you have a schedule it is set in stone and next to impossible to change.

Be more flexible in scheduling.

i love working there, the people were grear and the supervisors were even better.

Former Employee - Aggent Customer ServiceRep  in  Roy, UT
    Former Employee - Aggent Customer ServiceRep in Roy, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chance to move in the company. Always had a chance to receive overtime. And we were alays informed and educated on new prodructs.

Cons

There were co-workers who did not know how to fuctioin with teamwork, i am a firm beliver in teamwork (even going beyoud the cal of helpteam buy eudcation

Good company not very flexible.

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Ogden, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some good people that work for Convergys and pride themselves in helping people better themselves and grow with the company.

Cons

There are several managers that do not try to understand the feelings of their workers. They say they have flexible schedules, but not really unless you can get a DR note for some reason.

You will retain better employees if you valued the people putting in the effort more.

Love Working @ Convergys

Current Employee - Agent II  in  Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Agent II in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training. When I went to production I was prepared for the job at hand. Plus ongoing education continues to keep up with all new areas we need to know. Great perks, Reasonable expectaions for time off and bonuses.

Cons

Not enough work areas for the number of empoyees coming out of training. Understandibly many will quit, but during these rushes we need more and this would really help our comaraderie.

Let's allow employess who do not take off work to have a set schedule Must share work stations with everybody. I would very much like to simply share my work area with only one other shift opposite me, It would cut down on absences during illness breakouts. We are a busy place and could use many more work stations. Allow the cleaning team to clean the work sataions thoroughly. If need be, give them the security access they need.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!