Convergys Reviews

2.7
1,663 Reviews
Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 89 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 75 reviews)

• Poor work life Balance, they expect work to be your life with not much time for anything else (in 26 reviews)

1. Review

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to start your career and world class trainers teaches you.

Cons

Management is too bad and doesn't listen to employee.

Decisions should be fair.

2. I work with wonderful people, and each day I resolved many issue through out the day with a smile on my face.

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with agents that chat in with me with issues with their service. They chat in very up set, and not able to help the customer with their issue. On a daily research is requied so that I can educate the agents on has to be done in order to resolved the customer issue.

Cons

The down side of my job is if the systems go's down I will not be able to help the customer with their issue.

I talk to my manager all the time so that I can keep up with the changes and new projects that we might have coming to our company. I always happy to help anyone that needs my assistance in solving their issue.

3. Ask for more and more from employees, and get nothing in return.

Current Employee - A Real My Way Or the Highway Attitude With No Flexibility in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Close to home. Plenty of overtime if you want it.

Cons

Constant criticism, and employer is constantly changing job responsibilities with no training.

Listen to what your employees have to say, and treat them with respect.

5. It is an easy going job with steady hours.

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

You basically do the same thing everything, but with something new everyday. People are friendly and easy to get along.

Cons

The job could be more professional.

6. I worked there for a month

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Great people. Training great.

Cons

Had to share a desk and you possibly would not be a seat next to your TL. Wants you to answer phone calls to reschedule appointments (which is what I was told all I would be doing from HR) when in fact you are tech support. One computer screen to see 15 application. Have to share headsets. Multi million corp and can't even get your own headset let alone ear cushions. Can bid on schedule but when in truth you have the schedule they want you to have. And then change said schedule several times. Always on you about stats always.

Get it together educate your HR dept on what they want from you.

7. Chat Agent or work horse...

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Fast paced customer service environment. Good colleagues to work with. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

Three times the work of a phone agent. No pay increase for the added workload. The ineptitude of some the team leaders. Lack of understanding for family issues. PTO could be more regular and not given at a whim.

Better training for the younger team leaders to instill a sense of pride in their work. A better decision making diagram for the PTO.

8. Inbound call centre rep: A good learning experience.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Convergys part-time

Pros

They provided comprehensive training, in the classroom as well as on the floor. The trainers and my contemporaries were a very diverse, friendly group of people to work with.

Cons

The management was not as friendly as the trainers or the call centre representatives. They stayed pretty impersonal. No benefits, either.

If you want to keep your employees from turning over quickly, offer more benefits. Also, listen to your employees' concerns.

9. Poor Management, starts at the top. Poor business ethics.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you need a job, this pays well (relative to other low-level jobs out there), especially during training. The KEY is to keep looking for a better job and use them while you are training. Otherwise, you will definitely be the one who is used and thrown out with the trash.

Cons

One common thing I've heard from management here is "You care too much", and this is in a job that is supposedly customer service. So many metrics used to measure employee performance, it is literally impossible for anyone to meet them all. As a result, there will always be something that management can hold over your head, and they will to the point of harassment. Also, every single thing you do is documented, so good luck filing for unemployment when they inevitably fire you at some point in your tenure. They will have stacks of documentation to provide to the unemployment office, and their highest paid employee at each call-center is their HR Manager whose job it is to make a strong relationship with the department of unemployment and minimize the number of people who they have to pay unemployment to.

Realize that ownership of convergys is out of touch with reality and creates systems designed to squeeze as much money as possible from clients (E.G. at&t, USPS). In the process, they will suck the life out of you and you will regret being a manager for a company that literally has no ethics and screws over the employees you are managing and will eventually screw you over too.

10. It wasn't the worst place to work but wasn't the best.

I worked at Convergys

Pros

You didn't have any assigned seats. They gave out prices as incentives.

Cons

You couldn't find any team leaders when you needed them.

When it was slow some of my co-workers and I liked to knit, it didn't bother anyone and I still had good stats and yet team leaders took that away. The incentives let us earn little candy and they got upset with us for having it sit on our desks.

11. Very unprofessional from the beginning starting with the recruiter!

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any that I saw.

Cons

Not impressed with management or training at all in Phoenix.