Convergys Reviews

1,906 Employee Reviews

1. Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Customer Service Retention Agent in Garner, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Retention Agent in Garner, NC

I worked at Convergys (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was able to work from home

Cons

Did not have a good team leader

2. sales service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Problem Resolutions Representative II in Trinidad, CO

I worked at Convergys (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Pay was increased with commussions that were made to be a minimum every month. Which was challeging. Worked from home. That was a huge perk

Cons

9.50 an hour forced sales. When started sales were not requieed. Evetually forced you to make a minimum amount of sales monthly without being understanding that wasnt what i was gired for

Advice to Management

Be more understanding. And willing to train more with peipke who were not hired for the position it eventually became. Iffer more support for these positions after all it was a huge transition. Many peopke quit when this happened.

3. Love What I Do - Team Leader Sales Operations

Current Employee - Team Leader Sales Operations in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Team Leader Sales Operations in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, Great tools for managers, technology, Work at Home, Developing my agents, family virtual atmosphere, Convergys provided equipment

Cons

Sometimes overworked, low pay for managers, communication sometimes is terrible.

Advice to Management

Please review the trends in pay and adjust it for the current marketplace as the salary is a bit low for some of us with experience. The yearly raise percentage is a laugh in our face. We are running your business. The CEO should look into our business instead of not seeming to care.

5. Rep

I have been working at Convergys full-time

Pros

Vacation paid holidays pto uto

Cons

Schedules training work weekends hours

Advice to Management

Nothing

6. LOVED IT!

Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Convergys (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment! Exceptional Staff.. PTO added every payday. Bonus Programs.

Cons

PTO requests usually denied. work on a 12 point system.

7. Customer Service Billing/tech

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

They are a reliable company to work for. You never have to worry about getting your check on time.

Cons

Rate of pay could stand to be increased you are doing multiple job duties for one rate of pay and if you do not maintain perfect attendance even if you work off your points you will never see a raise.

Advice to Management

Consider a higher start rate and although flexibility of policy and changes are to be expected to satisfy the client some changes compromise providing the best customer service.

8. Great pay, really difficult job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT

I worked at Convergys

Pros

My supervisors were great. They really tried their best to help get through the job. They give weekly feedback about how you are doing in your position and provide advice and on how to improve. They know that the job is difficult and really try to help. The pay is great for an entry level job and they offer benefits for everyone. I had a wonderful experience with the management when I needed to take bereavement leave for a death in the family. They were able to get me a whole week by moving my days off and using some of my PTO so I wouldn't get any points for missing work. I was very grateful for that,

Cons

This is not an easy job. There is a reason that the position has a huge turnover rate. The customers that call in are just plain rude. I was yelled at, cursed out and hung up on. There are plenty of people who cry while they are being yelled at. The worst part is you are no allowed to hang up on any of the customers. If the person who calls in wants to spend an hour yelling at you, you don't have an option but to listen and wait. The worst part of that, is that when you are done being yelled at you have to try an sell them a product, which could lead to more yelling. This is not a job for the faint hearted, be prepared for what is there.
    I was also not a huge fan of the break system. If you are only working part time like I was, you only get two 10 minute breaks during the 6 hour shift. That means, between the time it takes you to clock out and leave the floor you need to decide if you want to eat or use the bathroom. There isn't really time for both. You are not allowed to have food on the floor so some people would end up eating while they are walking to the bathroom or even while they are in there.

Advice to Management

Everyone knows the job is hard. Just keep in mind that when the representatives make mistakes on the phones, we aren't trying to make your job more difficult or get you in trouble. We made a mistake. Not everyone wants to buy what we try to sell them, and no amount of coaching is going to make everyone great at this job. Some people have that talent, others don't. Be patient with us, we get yelled at by customers, we don't need it from you too.

9. Great Starter Job

Current Employee - Team Leader in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment,great building amenates such as : gaming systems, computers, pool tables, and ping pong. Full size cafeteria with a good drink selection. Some area of oppritunity to move up.

Cons

Long hours, not enough compensation for the workload

Advice to Management

Hire higher quality employees so my job inst to be a babysitter.

10. Talent Acquisition Manager

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun workplace. Great discounts and benefits!

Cons

Hiring plan was consistently high for our very limited market.

Advice to Management

Review hourly wages to promote longevity within the organization.

11. Frustrating place for individual contributors

Former Employee - Senior Associate, Command Center in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Associate, Command Center in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement benefit is better than other companies I've worked for.

Cons

Gap between employees and senior management is huge. Lack of information sharing keeps employees in the dark and low morale.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make them feel like they can bring issues forward.

Showing 1,906 of 1,917 reviews