Convergys

www.convergys.com
Employer Engaged

Misery loves company

Former Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Florence, KY

I worked at Convergys

Pros

It was close to where I went to school.

Cons

Management is very unprofessional, often moody or unstable in emotions.

Fix your disposition when you interact with subordinates.

Good Benefits but Epitome of Corporate America, for better and for worse.

Former Employee - Corporate Accountant
    Former Employee - Corporate Accountant

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company has fantastic benefits available immediately upon hire. 17+ paid vacation days, every type of insurance, retirement and investment opportunities...you name it. Nice clean working environment. Co-workers have always been great.

Cons

The absolute face of outsourcing with MANY overseas call centers. Management not very concerned about employees. Bottom line reigns supreme. Lots of bureaucracy and red tape. Very regimented.

Think of your employees as more than just disposable numbers.

Overall it is good. We are given opportunity to improve ourselves.

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Having good work-life balance. Self improvement, career growth.

Cons

There's more opportunity that waits outside.

There was good and there was bad.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were nice people to be around. It wasn't to hard working there and the benefits (not dental /medical) were good.

Cons

The specific team leader I hate in retention would have fake empathy, I didn't like talking to him about issues I was going through. I was on part time and I wanted to go full time, I tried for 4 months but it didn't happen

When someone is part time and want to switch to full time, help them get that. The team leads don't push to get that even when there is optional overtime.

Ok, not great

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company that is a leader in its space

Cons

Company does not seem hungry for growth; very status quo

Easy Work Environment, But too much drama!

Former Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job wasn't the hardest to learn, they give you the materials you need to learn and then they throw you right onto the floor expecting you to perform and treat the customers with care. Great perks to win things, and sometimes even money. I loved my supervisor, he was very thoughtful, although the company wouldn't back his decision at times.

Cons

I care about those who were calling in, I worked for the AT&T department. There would be older ladies calling in and they wanted us to just sell sell sell, they could give two craps less about the customer that cared so much about in the initial training. Sometime sales wouldn't add up.

Consider a new management team that is actually going to care about the customer, not just the performance. Also, place more rules on the expectations of employees attitudes towards others and dress code. I felt like I was working at a nightclub.

Jeez, what a real cluster.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you're on everyone's good side and keep your head down, you could probably skate by for years if you're just looking for a paycheck.

Cons

The benefits and the barely livable wage weren't enough to save this stinker. I can't stress the attendance policy posts from everyone else enough. I was given an ultimatum to keep my job because I went on a scheduled vacation that apparently wasn't really approved of despite the fact that it said it was. I was diagnosed and struggled with major depression while I worked there and every day that I felt like killing myself and couldn't bare to drag myself into this place, I got a mark up from management. My direct supervisor did as much as she could, thankfully, keeping me employed for a margin of time further. But if my attendance wasn't in such disrepair from my ILLNESS, I wouldn't have been fired for taking a SCHEDULED VACATION.

Just burn down all the crops and start over. From top to bottom, this company is run with blatant disregard for employees. Their HR department is frustrated when anyone steps into their office. Your rules on bathroom usage treat grown adults like they're gradeschool children. You give birth to new agents like a rabbit gives birth to bunnies, it's about mass quantities of stupid little bunnies hoping that maybe one or two will make it to adulthood. Focus on people who are actually competent and maybe, someday, people would actually like working here.

Great starter job for people whom don't need higher pay.

Current Employee - Service Continuity Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Service Continuity Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a fun place to work! Your able to make a lot of friends. Monthly incentive bonus if you can manage to hit your Average Handle Time, and conversion rate metrics. They have a Stat based Shift bid like every 6 months. So if you get stuck with a bad shift like I night shift till 11pm, if you work hard and raise your stats you can earn a better shift.

Cons

Unorganized management structure. the Team Managers each have their own management style, some by the book on rules and some will let you get away with alot. It's like there is no "official management method" imposed by the Director. There is no room for advancement! they talk and talk about promoting from within, but the only way to get promoted is "if" they hire a new training class you and 15-20 other people get to apply for that ONE TM spot. I was passed over 4 times because I wasn't "buddy buddy" with enough of the current TM's to be considered. Pay starts at $9.50 we were told it would just up to $10 after training. when that time came it turns out...you can get a raise "up to $10.00" based on your stats. I got a raise to $10.05 and there are no yearly raises offered.

there is a "rule book" or "company policy guide" for a reason. have your managers follow policy instead of governing the floor on the fly off the top of their head.

Customer service

I worked at Convergys

Pros

There were nice co workers

Cons

Bad management,unorganized, making up new policies each day to cover themselves, no consistency

needs to be more involved with workers

Job review. Not getting paid what you should.

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Not a good pay. Did not raise pay for 6 years.

Cons

Not a good leadership. Also If you are not white person you don't get ahead.

Give every one pay raise at-lest @ 2.00 per HR. If you like to keep employe for long time pay more. Also let people work from home with same pay.