Convergys

www.convergys.com
Employer Engaged

Tech support (work from home)

Former Employee - Tech Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tech Support in New York, NY

I worked at Convergys part-time (more than a year)

Pros

work from home, health benefits, paid training, paid time off, Incentives.

Cons

to many system issues with the platform,

Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Customer Administrative Associate in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Administrative Associate in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about the inner workings on the contracted companies. You can build lifetime friendships within your team. My team worked with a health issue I was having. Nice wage but doesn't grow very quickly. Very good benefits package.

Cons

Favoritism is big. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you're going above and beyond and get an exceptional yearly review year after year - there's no possibility to move up. Intimidation factor from some managers. Good job only until you find something better.

Honor those workers who go above and beyond their job duties and who are loyal to both Convergys and the contracted company. In my case it was P&G and honestly at the end of my almost five years I wished I was working straight with them.

Low Pay Pressure Cooker

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Warren, MI

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of OT if you want it. The insurance was better than what my wife got from William Beaumont Hospital despite being a RN.

Cons

ZERO job security. I never worked at a place before where the turn over rate was so high. They would fire people for the tiniest infraction like saying 'uhmm' when answering a callers questions.
    The atmosphere there is beyond terrible, more akin to a third world sweat shop than a normal white collar job. I was fired for telling a fellow employee he wasn't even in the ball park regarding something he said. Said that was inappropriate language. I think the real reason was my pay was max out. Most other workers were fired too once they were maxed out, for erroneous reasons. And when I say maxed out I mean $13/hr.

Stop treating Americans the same as your third world call centers.

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Showing up is reward because half workers end up leaving within 6 months, benefits are mostly paid by employees paycheck

Cons

what is commission 1 month is not next month, favorites get promoted, new company keep talking about pay raise but still wiating after year,

Need payraise after 2 year, more open calls for promotions instead favorites,

Horrible Company to work for.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Recently changed dress code to allow for a comfortable environment

Cons

•Current Site Leader for 2015 has no vision and is fake

•Employees are severely underpaid unless you're a Director, VP, or higher. It's really sad
    • The recruiting team hires anyone off the streets to make fill rates and get paid.
    •No work/life balance
    •Corporate politics- it's who you know to get promoted.
    •No raises ever for customer service reps. They are stuck at 10.00 hour.
    •Leadership is laxed and complacent

Figure it out yourself, I wasn't even a disgruntled employee. It's sad to see that most of the people you lose to other companies actually have talent and take that elsewhere.

There is much to be desired

Former Employee - AT&T Uverse Blue Billing and Sales Customer Support Agent in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Convergys

Pros

They are willing to work with scheduling needs.

Cons

There is less emphasis on assisting the customer with their concern and more focused on offering customers items that they don't want or need. They would rather have you make the customer pay more when they want to save money, rather than assist them. The metrics they FORCE you to comply with take only the sales into consideration. If your metrics are not what the management wants you are penalized for it, even if they are close to what has been set for the week. The training classes are not set to fully prepare you for taking calls and it is up to you to learn the VERY OUTDATED systems while taking calls in OJT. The Micromanagement that every manager enacts upon the agents makes it very hard to assist the customer. they would rather have you call the customer back in the next hour or 2 days rather than handle the issue to completion on the first call if the call time goes over 12 minutes. Doing this negatively impacts your metrics which in turn makes it harder to make a good bonus at the end of the month and will put you in hot water. There is WAY to much control in the hands of the customer in terms of how well you will bonus that month. It is not dependent on how well you do in servicing the customer, it is dependent on luck and poaching customers and how much money you make AT&T. And even if you make AT&T a lot of money you still don't get much in return. Overall it is a very BAD place to work.

a complete re-do of you whole bushiness practices is desperately needed. And a staring pay of AT LEAST 12.00 per hour. For everything the agents need to deal with, 10.00 an hour is just pitiful.

Never again.

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Got a Paycheck every week.

Cons

Literally everything about this place is a CON. I worked at the Lake Mary location for a high tech client, they treated everyone like garbage and hired based off the fact that you were a person, no technical interview process at all.

Wake up and start treating everyone with respect and maybe you could be ore than the McDonald's of IT.

not worth the effort

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was easy to get hired.

Cons

High stress and micromanagement throughout the call center. Unrealistic expectations set in numerous metrics that seem purposely complex and changed quite regularly.

If you want the reps to get handle time down because it is such a big deal, then quit pushing Clarify so much. Clarify is of little use, it is poorly designed and therefore - flawed.

Nothing but technical issues.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Ability to work from home. Other than that, there really were no pros. Maybe the scheduling if I had to stretch for another pro.

Cons

Software used with company continuously crashed and their answer was for me to change my ISP.

Treat your employees with a little more respect. Without them you wouldn't have a company.

easy work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good benefits, nice pay, daily stats, and very competitive

Cons

bed bug problem, management attitude problems

make sure bed bug issue is handled, need safer enviroment for fellow employees