Convergys

Convergys Reviews in Valdosta, GA

Updated May 21, 2014

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers

Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work(in 83 reviews)

• Great training job to work in a high busy work environment(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area(in 65 reviews)

• There is no work life balance, since schedule is often very incosistant(in 19 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great place to work

Billing Agent (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

Prosplenty of overtime. and great hours

Consstupid supervisors, or you get no reward for doing your best

Great Environment to work with!

ProsGreat management, Team Leaders, & Co Workers
    Paid time Off
    Bonuses

ConsPay
    Constant Upsales
    Stressful at times

Advice to Senior ManagementSet more realistic goals for your employees

Good for college students and young adults

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsGood if you work in a small city or town. Adequate pay and enough overtime if necessary. Easy and quick hiring process.

ConsIts not a very flexible job, especially if you have a demanding school schedule. I had to quit when I started nursing school because of the hours I had to work. When you're new your hours can change without notice. Also there are shift bids every 3 months that and if your not highly ranked they can change your schedule to anything no matter how long you have been working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding to your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a horrible, horrible place to work!

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsYou get a paycheck every two weeks.

ConsSupervisors are cruel and don't give crap about you. You have to bid for a new schedule every 3 months so don't get comfortable with the one you have now. You think you can handle stress? You just try it and see. You can pretend but your life will be miserable and every morning when you wake up you will dread going in to this place. It literally makes you sick. Calls are back-to-back and there's no time between calls to breathe, recuperate, and calm your nerves before the next call. No, you're not suppose to take what the customers say personal, but they will definitely make it personal. If you get hit by a car, fall ill, diagnosed with a terminal disease or whatever the case may be, don't expect sympathy or a card. Instead, expect to be treated as a liability and kicked to the curb. You don't have to take my word for it. Good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you would like to be treated.

Little flexibility & opportunities

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsCan earn $$$ by selling.

ConsVery strict on rules. Lot of requirements for little pay.

Disorganized

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsI can honestly say there are no pros

ConsStupid, ignorant staff and team leaders
    Chain of command is sloppy and disorganized
    Poor pay and joke incentives (pennies)
    The workplace building is run like a maximum security high school for troubled kids.
    Managers ask employees to stay late to work on bogus presentations and get no overtime.
    Boring! You sit on the phone getting yelled at all day by customers.
    If you have to go to the bathroom and you're not on break... expect to be written up (these people are nuts!)
    Lied to about bonuses.
    They will hire any idiot off the street so most coworkers are immature and ignorant
    They hire an average of 200 employees a month and about 90% of them are eventually fired or quit within 2 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink your entire management, system and policies

Only if you have too

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsEasy to pick up hours if needed. Can move up fast with extreme dedication & an open schedule. Give away alot of prizes daily/

ConsMoney, Staff, Strict. You cant be an unorganized company & treat your employees like children, & give them child money as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better all around. Pay at lest a salary of $20,000 a year for that type of work, its disgusting how people are low balled. Making the schedule policy less strict, people cant help if there kids get sick, parents die, car breaks down ect...

Use the Company as a Stepping Stone

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsThey are pretty flexible, you have the opportunity to take off , as long as you do it in advance. You can make great relationships with people.

ConsThe pay is horrible, and there is not a lot of upward mobility once you make it to Team Leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to manage from top to bottom, instead of bottom to top. I seen a lot of agents get fired, when the management should have been out the door instead.

It was tought me alot about Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsIt helps you have good customer service & helps you talk more on the phone

ConsYou can get cused out by people

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be organized

A hard lesson that makes me want to achieve more out of life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsFree television service provided by DTV.
    Incentives when you sale a premium or equipment.
    Ability to call in an absence without speaking to a live person.

ConsInability to work with a schedule outside of "company needs".
    Poor direction from leadership to ensure the company is providing good service to those who work for them.
    Never felt as though I was more than an employee ID number.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake leadership development courses. Take communication courses. Find away to work with people's schedules it seems as poor excuse that there is nothing anyone can do for an employee that has spent several years with company.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!