Convergys

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers

Andrea Ayers

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not as bad as many make it out to be

Associate Trainer (Current Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsThe project I work for has a very thorough training, some would even say too long. The environment in the building has definitely changed for the better. The hiring process has become more involved with operations taking part in the interviews, this is in an effort to stop the "Go to Convergys, they'll hire anyone" image Convergys Wichita has obtained. Production currently has a bonus structure that has been in practice for a good amount of time that has not changed month to month as it used to in the past. Convergys introduced a coaching model for all of management to use to get better results from their agents. The attendance policy for agents is one of the most lenient I have seen from any employer I have had or some that I have heard about from friends at other companies. Permenant agents are able to earn a raise every 6 months purely based on their attendance during a designated 6 month period.

ConsThe turnover rate at Convergys Wichita is very high. The biggest reason is attendance. The work ethic of so many people that walk through the door is horrible. It seems like some people come in thinking "this is going to an easy job" and act like they have better places to be than earning a paycheck to support their outside lives. Rules are constantly broken (dress code, food, cell phones, etc.). There are members of management that don't care as long as the agent is doing their job, while other members of management try to address the issue they get push back from agents and the agent gets mad because they were caught breaking the rules. There is little communication from the production/operations side into the training side. When new call scripts are released or new ways of doing things in production, training is usually the last to know about it.
    Compensation for management is horrible. Team Leads get a bonus based on 2 factors: the total amount of the bonus of their own agents and how well the entire site does on their customer satisfaction surveys. Trainers do not get a bonus. I constantly hear agents complain that they are being refused by team leads when the agent tells them they have a supervisor call.
    Recognition from Corporation based on tenure is almost non-existent (except for maybe an announcement say congrats on x# of years. I have worked for other companies that provided recognition at each person's 1st year and every 5 years after that by providing them some sort of celebratory gift. I have only seen Corporate recognition of this type at i believe it was the person's 10 year anniversary.
    The pay for management sucks. They expect way too much from Team Leads and Trainers for the pay they get and the hours they put in to do their job to the best of their ability.

Advice to Senior ManagementI realize that there is still a business to run, but treat your employees as if they are important to you and they will provide you the numbers you need. If you treat them as numbers they will show you that you don't deserve the numbers you need. Train your management to do their job. I have seen too many agents put into Team Lead positions not knowing what to expect or how to do their job properly. Fight for your good agents, and OM/TDM's need to fight for their teams too, such as the work load and pay raises etc.

not a bad place

Customer Service and Sales Representative II (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

Proshonest work honest pay just boring

Conssome of the people who they hire

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be so reliant on weak team leads you need to invest in stronger leadership the next level up

Worst job ever

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsPayed on time. There really isn't anything good to say about this employer or this project. Poor pay, bad hours, no backing from management.

ConsNot enough training for workers or management. I have shoveled dog crap at a kennel, and that was a better job than working for Convergys for the AT&T project.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet trained and be willing to step up and answer workers questions, instead of saying "I don't know, figure out what to tell the customer."

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Nightmare

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsPay is okay and bonuses

ConsNo support from Team Lead. I was scared to ask her anything, she hated to be bothered. Was outside smoking most of the time.; The turnover rate is Very high in Wichita

The Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsVery Few - training was good and some of the team leaders were good. Quitting was the best choice I made.

ConsThe client AT&T Uverse and upper management would make sudden changes without expressing them to all employees and then reprimand you for making a mistake against those changes.
    You never knew if you were going to work your full 40 hours. There were times when you could walk in the door and depending on what time your shift ended you could be told you were being sent home without pay involuntarily. They would then make it impossible for you to compensate your missing pay if you attempted to file unemployment for the cut in hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Yourselves

Horrible

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsThe people I managed made working there tolerable. Some of the best people I have met in my lifetime I managed there.

ConsNo pay raises. Poor management. If you have a pulse they will hire you. There is a lot of pressure to perform and when performance is met or exceeded, there is no recognition. Very large disconnect between the recruiting and operations. Site management tends to favor recruiting department over operations. Training is very poor. Pay is the lowest in the market in this city.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbandon ship.

convergys experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

Prosconvergys is all about technology which if you are technically inclined makes things extremely simple..they have 2 different computer programs where you can log in and track your own progress and pitfalls in the workplace; at the site in wichita most of the ladies in hr are very friendly and considerate, all of the team leaders are great, and the training you receive is engaging and thorough. There are lots of potluck lunches too!!!

Consthey are rarely ever willing to work with you on your schedule; gossip within the workplace

Advice to Senior Managementif you work with your employees more they would be willing to stay longer; more organization

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys reviews and ratings in Wichita, KS — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Convergys CEO Andrea Ayers. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees.