Conversant Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
John Giuliani

Pros
  • There are some really great people here (in 4 reviews)

• good for entry level to gain experience (you'll be overworked from day 1 and be forced to become a Macgyver in online advertising) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management says they listen to their teams but they don't (in 4 reviews)

• They make you think the vacation policy is a pro, but it really isn't (in 3 reviews)

1. exciting technology company to work with

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work with smart people. very hardworking group.

Cons

in the chicago office, you're here to work. people are very focused on work and it's rare for anyone to chat. Mood is tense.

Manager Software Engineering

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool technology. You can expand your skill set. Lunch and learns are great. Some very bright people.

Cons

Senior Engineering leadership lacks vision.

Advice to Management

Learn how to innovate or die. C-level should step in. Things are off the rails.

3. Good Place, Good People

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting products in a fast paced environment Chicago Office has a cool vibe, I think it reflects the vision of what the company wants. I know some of the other offices don't have the same feel, but I found good people throughout the company. Clear vision of where the company wants to go and what it wants to be. Smart people all around, you really learn a lot. The employee band at the House of Blues is epic fun. Love the flexible vacation time that treats you like an adult. Stable company.

Cons

need to bring the technology together faster to make the vision come together. Although I feel I have developed and see career growth, I think the message from the top which is clear, doesn't always make it down the management lines.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and reiterating the vision and goals. Ask for more feedback from the employees because most of them really care.

Crabby execs with no vision

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many very smart people working in various areas of the company

Cons

Executive leadership is one big bicker fest, no long term vision

Great, positive experience but no growth since merger

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really great, intelligent, team players who work here. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at this company and I've invested a lot of myself in the company vision. The Chicago office is a neat space with tons of perks: fun holiday/summer parties (the holiday band is made up of all employees), bagel Fridays, casual work attire, casual email/chat environment, flex vacation time, great benefits and 401k plan. I feel very comfortable and relaxed here. The work has also been very challenging - I was given the opportunity to take on a very exciting project and collaborate with many teams in the process. It's not an opportunity that comes along very often and I really felt like I was contributing to the value of the company and that we were accomplishing something great together.

Cons

Sadly, since the Epsilon/ADS merger acquisition I've lost all sight of career growth and opportunities. My mentors and friends have all left, people seem miserable, and there is a state of confusion and frustration with a lack of communication from management. At one point there was a going away party at Pazzo's (the bar downstairs) almost every day. I didn't receive an annual review, career planning session, or goal setting and it's very unclear who I actually report to (not just on paper). It's very discouraging for an employee to be cut off like that after all they have contributed to the company in the past year. Unfortunately, all the ambitious employees are taking their talents and passion elsewhere. It's a real shame!

Advice to Management

Identify and invest in your top talent, even during a merger/acquisition. Don't let them become "free agents" and get discouraged.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time

Pros

Benefits/perks, competitive compensation, innovative, smart people. For the size of the organization, it has remained relatively nimble, and fast-paced and open with communication but, that is definitely changing.

Cons

Work/life balance is difficult to achieve. Clients are very demanding, and there are typically not enough staff/resources to cover the workflow.

Advice to Management

Don't dismiss emotional intelligence and adaptive leadership. They're not just catch phases. You need great managers and leaders in order to build great companies and develop great employees. The people who may be brilliant at solving technical issues may not be (and are most often, not) the best candidates for management.

8. Working at Conversant has help me develop the skills necessary to be successful in today’s competitive digital environme

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mentors, team-focused environment, apprentice program

Cons

depending on your department - can display agency like hours

Planning my exit now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great location near a train station

Cons

Mostly cultural and HR problems: - Salaries are all over the place - No career path - Small bonuses and raises - Impossible to hire someone

Advice to Management

Take better care of people

Software Engineer in Test gone awry

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Company has a good benefits package.

Cons

Company doesnt care about new employees. Was hired in and told I would receive training. Because I wasnt trained, I found myself being transferred into a less technical area, in which I was terminated because I didn't fit into the non-technical department.

Advice to Management

You need personnel in Human Resources that actually know how to perform their duties properly and protect it's employees from other hostile employees.

Conversant

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company atmosphere and great coworkers

Cons

Sometimes difficult to manage time.

RSS Feed </> Embed