Conversant

Add Photos

John Giuliani

Great Vision - model is high-end sales/service with so-so tech

Client Development (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has a very defined vision and focus which crosses all departments. High end solutions they offer are unique and valuable to their core customers.

ConsVision comes at a cost- there's no flexibility and it's a top down organization- political coziness with Sr mgt is crucial even at mid-level. From a technology perspective, they are improving but at heart this is a sales-service organization business model, not a tech play so tech is not as strong as top competitors

Unsure How to Feel

Account Management Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, intellectually stimulating, good vacation policy for those that take advantage of it.

ConsBenefits seem expensive for such a large company
    Not sure who to take problems to when they arise

"Good place"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsRelaxed and laid back, yet never a slow day. Smart people and a great culture. Very positive environment and innovative. The ideas are always flowing. I've been there for a long time for a reason.

ConsI could get paid a bit more. Some ideas don't get followed through fully to the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay ME more. Follow the good ideas all the way through

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

On the verge of greatness

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsUniquely differentiated product in the market, second to only Google
    Highly engaged and dedicated group of staff and team members
    Fast-paced; innovative
    Great co-workers
    Strong partnerships with clients

ConsCompany has grown quickly moving from a start-up to a mature enterprise --which is a pro if you like to be a part of that solution; a con if you want it done for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore visibility into the broader strategy

Suspicious positive reviews from the Chicago office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people, work-life balance, job stability

ConsWhat a coincidence that most (if not all) of the positive reviews are written by employees in Chicago (former Dotomi people)

New name, same junk

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome of the employees in NY were awesome, though many have left recently.

ConsPoor culture, different rules for different departments, AEs are royalty and are permitted reign to walk over support staff (though many do not take advantage of this). Dress code, office hours, poor upper management. Nepotism runs rampant in the NY office. Very little is done to keep top-talent. Managers often promise promotions and compensation that never come, almost no career growth potential.

Accounting Department Needs Re-evaluation

Accounting (Current Employee)

ProsSome great people to work with, learning a lot.

ConsBe prepared to deal with management that is spineless and plays favorites for all the wrong reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive Management - get more involved in day-to-day processes and do not believe everything you hear from your direct reports. Question need for headcount and positive feedback on certain employees that are absolutely useless.

Great Company- Never a Dull Day

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis is a fast paced company that is growing quickly. Employees are asked to wear many hats and get the job done. Its not under resourced but asks employees to take ownership and stretch to meet goals. Those that do reap the rewards of greater responsbility and promotions. You get opportunities to do things that you might wait years at other companies to get.

ConsChange is hard and takes time. You are asked to take on more than you think you can deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe communication from Management has been increased and helps to keep everyone motivated.

Positive fit for drivers, leaders, and motivators. Good ideas welcomed!

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis a great company to work with for both personal growth and also for people who want to have an impact with the work they do. Here you will receive the opportunity to truly shine, and if you achieve, you'll be noticed and rewarded. Communication is valued and appreciated, and if you can spend time honing your skills, the sky appears to be the limit. The scale of operations is massive, and the work impactful. If you're a process driven person with an eye for excellence, this is a great company with which to work. The hiring focus has been on the entrepreneur types, and it pays dividends when you see how passionate people are about delivering the best results they can. Really loving it so far.

ConsIt's a very large company going through the pains of rebranding and consolidation of tools and technologies. There is a ton of room for innovative thinking and experienced labor and there simply aren't enough hands to make the ship as nimble to turn as it could be. That said, I know there are efforts in progress to grow in these areas and there are no sacred cows. Good ideas are welcomed, and great software will definitely shine.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more focus to addressing staffing needs and keep working with managers and directors to help address bottlenecks in getting things done. There are a lot of people doing a lot of heavy lifting, and sometimes what seem like little things slip through the cracks, and they're actually big things that only get momentum when you stand over people to get them done.

Lots of Change. Lots of Opportunity

Middle Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFor me, Conversant is a place where I enjoy going to work every day. I haven't felt that way for some time at previous employers.
    Some of the best people I have in my life. Good, decent, ethical people.
    Conversant is the new name for ValueClick, Inc. one of the first major digital companies and a highly profitable and stable company.
    Just completed a sort of merger of its five subsidiaries into one company. Now business is (mostly) based upon a united platform and data stack.
    Some great people working really hard to make it a world class culture. There's a ways to go, but it is a place where an individual can make an impact on the business and the environment. The naysayers are fairly low in number, and in general people are optimistic about the future.
    HR used to be pretty weak, but big improvement over the past year.
    Pretty good pay, good benefits.
    It's a place where a glass half full person can have a great time radically changing the way the company works and provides its services. If you like change and driving it, it's a great place to be.
    Most employees are anxious to go faster on the unification of business processes, but for a company its size, its doing pretty well on that front.
    Major new initiatives for training and development.
    The products and services offered are quite good and unique. Service is a big selling point, and there are great people in account management and client development that create long term client relationships.

ConsCommunication from the top needs to improve.
    A few leaders stuck in the past.
    You make your own career opps at Conversant. If you are aggressive you can make advancement happen. If you aren't, it's a lot harder to advance.
    Needs more women and people of color at the top. A fairly familiar refrain for tech, but worth bringing up just the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the negative comments on the company and culture on these pages and think about what is behind those comments. It's the way to determine how we can improve. There are some good people who are frustrated at the pace of change and the need for better communication. Make a concerted effort to bring in more women and people of color at the top.

Worked for Conversant? Contribute to the Community!