Convey Compliance

Convey Compliance Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Brian E. Provost

Inside review coming from the Client Support team

Solution Engineer (Current Employee)
    Minnetonka, MN

ProsOpportunities - The company is still on the smaller, and is having great growth. This has provided several promotion opportunities in the recent past and current years. I've seen the expectations in the upcoming years and I don't foresee this trend to change anytime soon. I know there were other reviews about the

Leadership - Everyone on the leadership team is open, honest and approachable. They've been great to work with and for.

Management - I've had about 12 managers in my professional career and my manager here has been the best so far. Other department managers also seem very nice. I haven't met a bad manager here since I started. I've heard stories of past managers, but the current ones are all great.

Summer Hours - January is a very busy time so the company has implemented summer hours. Even though my department doesn't take full advantage of the program, I'm still grateful and think it's a nice thing to do for employees.

No Silos - No one department is silo'ed off from another. Departments collaborate well together and everyone is very open and willing to share information. There is a bit of disconnect between the 3rd and 4th floor employees, but I sort of expect that when the entire company isn't working in the same space together.

Townhall Meetings - Every month someone from the executive team (most of the time the CEO) presents to the whole company. We cover industry topics, issues and/or highlights from the past month. It helps keep the organization informed of what's going on.

ConsJanuary - Obviously January is a very busy time for tax reporting. Depending on your department that busy time can bleed into February a little and there are a couple deadlines in March and April that are busy too. Just understand this when you're considering a position here and it's not even an issue.

Weekend Work - Depending on your department you may need to work some weekends (i.e. code releases or on call). They'll let you know if this is expected in your department/position during the interview process, or at least they did with me so it wasn't a surprise.

Parking - Really minor, but there's not always enough parking at the office (especially in the winter).

**word of advice**
    If you expect to be busy in the winter then this isn't an issue at all. I worked through the last tax season. I also don't know what these people are talking about with limited advancement options. It sounds more personal than widespread. I've seen several promotions (over 10) in just the past few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your open, honest and approachable demeanor.

I've read what others have posted, and I can't agree with any of the negative reviews.

Needs Work

ProsGreat benefits, fun work environment, work hard play hard mentality. The people are the best part of the company.

ConsTo much work, not enough trained people. The company is not open hearing the concerns of the employees. Not enough PTO for the hours worked as salaried.

Horrible.

ProsWorking here will teach what it truly means to work for a horrible employer. You will learn very quickly that being jobless would be better than coming to work everyday. If you enjoy things like having a life outside of work or spending time with your family, you must stay away from this company. They will SUCK the life out of you.

ConsSenior leadership is horrible, except for one or two people. Notice how many times I've used the word horrible? Work life balance pretty much sucks, company culture blows, the list could go on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike another review said - fire yourselves.

Flag Review
    Convey Compliance Human Resources responded to this review Feb 18, 2014 EditDelete
    We are sorry to hear that you did not feel Convey was the right opportunity for you.
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a great company as long as you are not in there mid-market sales team.

Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Minnetonka, MN

ProsThe management team is a very impressive and committed group. The culture has a young fun vibe. The service is very impressive and the clients are well cared for by Convey.

ConsFor being a brilliant and focused group the lack of common sens astounded me.
    The training was top notch but they did not have qualified management support to go on appointments when you are a newemployee. No one is even close to their quota maybe 10 % to 20 percent at best. They spend to much time managing the number of calls made and the length of calls to build a big pipeline instead of building a quality pipeline that will buy from them. They had a team of 9 reps they had a team of lead generating people calling on a industry we all worked for 7 months then they said it's not a good fit but we still will hold you to your quota.
    Management was slow to figure out the main industry was not a fit but the sales team was aware of it. If management participated on calls they would have figured out the problem a long time ago.

I left a fortune 200 company only to figure out they built a team with out a solid direction for
    the sales people to work towards.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must use your mind to figure out what is or is not working. Using a metrics to measure is only good to manage progress not to manage where you need to be going.

Flag Review
    Convey Compliance Human Resources responded to this review Oct 29, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for sharing your experience about working with Convey. Your feedback will be considered as we continuously improve our sales efforts.

Great Company with lots of opportunities

ProsConvey is a great company to work for. The leadership is very approachable and easy to talk to. It's the kind of company that really wants to see the employees grow and advance in their careers. They try to have fun each month with different activities and the employees are all very dedicated and excited to be a part of a fast paced company that is really growing.

ConsWhile the opportunities are great the work can be demanding. If you want an 8 - 5 job it's not the place for you. Everyone is held accountable for their contirbutions and the hours can be demanding. It's not the place for lazy people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, leadership is smart and they know where we are going and how to get us there. They are very involved in working working with all employees to help see them grow with the company and develope in our roles.

Great company, but still room for improvements

(Current Employee)

Great product
    company culture
    bonus opportunities

ConsNo flexible hours
    Not an option to work from home
    Poor benefit contributions from the 401K, vacation, and lack of STD.

Flag Review
    Thank you for your feedback. We perform periodic benefit reviews and will take your feedback into consideration as part of our review process.

So many negatives...where do I even start?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned from working here that almost any job is better then working for this company.

ConsEverything down to the off smell the office has. I can only assume that must be the smell of decaying employee moral. If there is one central theme I have noticed from the other reviews and would completely agree with it is that Senior "Leadership" should be shown the door. Also I've noticed the same thing as others that the leadership team is working hard to post as many self worshiping reviews as possible in the hopes of doing damage control for their reputation. I've even noticed one comment saying "this is not the place for lazy people". That's interesting considering the almost ridiculously over the top interview process. How is it that even when you go through and pass four different interviews including one with the CEO who makes the final decision and the fact that they check all of your references and you get hired they consider their failures to help you grow within the organization to be "it's your fault, your lazy?" If all your former employers and references give nothing but positive reviews and even the CEO approves of you being hired shouldn't that say something about the work environment and structure of Convey that this is the only place were multiple people seem not to be able to thrive? To me that would indicate one of two things. Either the CEO is completely unable to accurately identify exceptional talent or the business environment itself is so toxic that failure to thrive and grow is inevitable. I can tell you right now it's the toxic arrogant environment of the management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves. You are completely incompetent when it comes to understanding how to treat people. Remember that karma comes around and perhaps all of these negative reviews from former employees are your just deserts.

Flag Review
    We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience working with Convey and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Growing company, great culture, great reputation!

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Minnetonka, MN

ProsCollaborative work environment, great professional growth opportunities because of the fast growth. The company culture is above par.

ConsThere is a lot of work to be done with the industry we are in, but Convey values the hardwork we put in and looks to reward us during season and even in the off season through our summer hours!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership team truly leads! They will challange you to reach your utmost potential!

Flag Review
    We appreciate your feedback!

Convey has taught me one thing - what NOT to look for in an employer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the employees there are truly amazing people. They are truly dedicated to and eager to help. You learn very quickly who you can and cannot trust.

ConsDuring the interviewing process they speak of this wonderful culture, but in reality it almost non-existent. There is a lack of organizational structure, making it very hard to truly understand what is expected from you. However, you were expected to take your work home with you - in fact, it was looked down upon when you wouldn't bring your laptop home. During the time I was there, there were no clear guidelines or policies on how to do tasks, making it extremely hard to succeed. It is a very ambiguous environment. If you like clear structure - this is not the place for you. There is extremely high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementCertain people in the core leadership team are not deserving of their positions. They are cold and have really no regard for their employees. Others however are great to work with and make Convey a little better. Set clear expectations.

Flag Review
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with Convey. Your feedback is appreciated as we continue to explore how to best meet our Clients’ needs and flexibility needs of our employees.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome great people to work with that work many hours, dedicated folks! Very reliable software in a stable industry, taxes are not going away :)

ConsVery low employee moral, people are put into positions to fail. Very poor leadership, poor management, no structure and high turnover. Management will consistently praise your work yet they care less about you unless your exceeding unrealistic goals in this industry. The leadership team does a good job of "selling" these open positions during the interview process, be sure to see and understand the performance/comp plan prior to accepting an offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees, lead by example, be honest and up front durung the interview process.

Flag Review
    We appreciate your feedback and continue to focus on documenting processes and procedures to improve onboarding of new employees into our organization

Worked for Convey Compliance? Contribute to the Community!

Convey Compliance Videos

Convey Compliance – Why Work for Us?

In 1986, a software developer had an idea. He wanted to make IRS compliance clear and uncomplicated. Why, do you ask? The tax world was, and still is, a litany of complex regulations and with every passing year it… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convey Compliance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Convey Compliance CEO Brian E. Provost. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Convey Compliance employees.