Conway Human Development Center

Calvin Price

1. Fun working envrionment

Current Employee - Residential Shift Supervisor in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Residential Shift Supervisor in Conway, AR

I have been working at Conway Human Development Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping others, healthcare, training, work-life balance

Cons

staff attitudes, pay, time-off policies, personal growth

2. Most Unappreciative Company on the face of the planet!

I have been working at Conway Human Development Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Clients are Amazing... I love working with them.

Cons

No appreciation shown to employees... no bonuses, no compensation. they say they give comp time but you get denied when you want to use it. For Christmas.. We got a screwdriver set which everyone felt was a slap in the face! Admin Employees and Personel Employees are very rude! Switchboard operators are rude. And our house supervisor is a true witch and not appreciative of anything we do. Do not work her..

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your people. You are the rudest management team I've met!

3. Do not work here!!! Run!!!

Former Employee - RCT
    Former Employee - RCT

I worked at Conway Human Development Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people less fortunate than you, state benefits, set schedule, biweekly pay

Cons

Horrible pay, staff attitudes, back breaking, physical work, constantly in pain all the time.

Advice to Management

Hire within the facility

5. I love helping others so I felt like this was the job for me.

Former Employee - Residential Care Assistant in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Residential Care Assistant in Conway, AR

I worked at Conway Human Development Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting different people from different cultures and helping those that are in need.

Cons

I did not have any bad experiences.

Advice to Management

Shift supervisors need to be more polite to their workers. Also, when the assistants make a minor mistake they should show them the correct way.

6. OK

I have been working at Conway Human Development Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ok to work,but pay sucks.good benefets

Cons

staff can be mean and rude,alot of responsibilty with this job.

7. Stressful.

Former Employee - Residential Care Assistant
    Former Employee - Residential Care Assistant

I worked at Conway Human Development Center

Pros

Decent pay. Easy to get hired, though it is a long process. Tons of training (no experience necessary.) Spiritually rewarding.

Cons

Lot's of drama between employees. Most of them act like high students. Very stressful- you're sometimes stuck between the rules and doing what's best for the person. Many lazy employees, and the hard workers are left to do it all. If everything doesn't get done perfectly, everyone gets in trouble, even though the hard workers did everything in their power to do everyone's jobs. Too much responsibility is put on individuals. Example: You may be asked to sign forms, stating that you are being held personally responsible for the safety and whereabouts of a resident and must keep them in your sight at all times. Problem? Only when you're asked to 'sign on' to 3 individuals at one time. If one person starts to run off, you must chase them and redirect them back to where the others are. If, during that time, another person runs off, you may not know which way they went, and you may be fired and put on the state's abuse and neglect list for it. As I mentioned before, working there is very stressful. I didn't lose my job over this kind of thing or anything like that, but that made it very stressful. Also, it's almost impossible to get a weekend day off of work- even after the death of a family member.

Advice to Management

Review some of your rules, and the things that you allow. Go to work in some of the houses with multiple individuals who are on visual supervision, and try watching 3 or more of those residents at the same time, for 2 hours or longer. Consider rotating Saturdays off with employees who wish to participate. I bet the number of call-ins on the weekends would drop if the employee knew he/she would get one off that month. People are afraid to put in for days off, because they know they will be denied, so they call in, leaving the house short-handed and the employees stressed (which is proven to make a person more likely to catch an actual illness.) Also, cut out the drama between employees (which also leads to stress.)

RSS Feed </> Embed