Cooper Concepts Reviews

Apryl Christensen

1. Account Executive and Administrative

Former Employee - Account Executive and Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive and Administrator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My story is a bit different than others. I had worked with the CEO for several years prior and trusted her implicitly. So although my review may seem bias, I would like to share my experience with Cooper Concepts as I feel it may resonate with certain job seekers looking more "outside the box" in terms of employment opportunity, and work culture. From personal experience, I know the CEO is very hands-on in her work culture, training, and in general how her business is run. She genuinely looks out for her employees, whether it be her sales team, administrative, or human resource team...even her business partner. I also knew going in that she has a keen mind for business, so overall I knew I was walking into a good, stable situation. As far as the position and company itself, the culture is unlike anything I had experienced. Very positive, energetic...not for those looking for a punch in- punch out type of work environment, just a heads up. Closing out the pros, aside from the company culture, the amount of work and life experience gained at this company can fill a book (or pad a resume, if the opportunities offered don't match or you end up parting ways for whatever reason). I learned something new and of value every single day at this job, both in my sales role and my administrative one as well, and on both my good days and my not so good days. If any of this piques your interest in the slightest, I do suggest giving Cooper Concepts a closer look when searching for a "home" for your next employer.

Cons

As a former employee, I do know this company had it's cons as well. Number one, the compensation is competitive. Competitive in the sense that if you don't work your butt off, you will not be successful. To put it bluntly, if you're lazy/unmotivated you probably won't make very much money. This is a great company, and the phrase "only the strong survive" is 100% applicable. Strong work ethic is a must. Another con, the hours can be long and demanding, however, if you are efficient and have the above-mentioned work ethic the hours prove to not be as demanding. Trust me, I've done been on both ends of spectrum; unmotivated and working 10 hours a day, and rocking out and finishing everything up in 4-5 hours. Last con, the opportunity for growth can be slightly inflated, but I have seen it happen, many, many times. Some it takes longer than others, and I've seen a few make it management level in as little as 6 months time that are extremely successful, with a 6 figure income, within a year from that promotion. And of course, there is a large percentage that do not advance for whatever reason, but that goes for most companies with advancement opportunities so it is to be expected.

Advice to Management

As cliché as it sounds, keep it up. Despite the cons, I see a bright future for this growing company. Great leadership will continue to overcome any foreseeable bumps in the road.

Perfect Fit

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started my application process to find a new career, the main quality that I was looking for was atmosphere. I stressed the importance of this during the interview process. I wanted a company that was geared more towards this decade rather than an "old school", "office space" type of position. I actually come to work and it's fun, here! I am close to my coworkers AND superiors. The energy it incredible. Also, important to me is relationships. I get a good balance of that with co-workers, customers, and personal. I'm very happy that I found Cooper Concepts Inc.!

Cons

I can't think of anything really negative. On days I don't feel too energized, my co workers don't want to be brought down, so they make their energy contagious. I guess that could be a good thing though.

Advice to Management

I like the attitude. You guys are definitely building momentum. Thank you for your help!

Company is great to work with-- if you're good at sales

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, helpful people who want to see and help you succeed. Motivating to start your day, you work mostly on your own, at your own pace. Lots of room to move up in company, all the way to the top where you manage your own branch.

Cons

100% commission. If you are not good at being a sales rep, this job is not going to work for you. Just be weary of this, as the job doesn't exactly tell you this when you're applying or going to interviews. They expect you to work on saturdays if you do not meet weekly quota, they expect you to put in long hours every day.

Advice to Management

Don't tell the employees that this is not a sales job, because it is completely sales until you move further up in the company.

A Refreshing Change

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A couple of pros: integrity, character, and team environment. Management team seems very confident and charismatic. I do like their character and talks of integrity. Business is based on performance and numbers, very simple. I like numbers.

Cons

I would say my comfort zone. I was in finance before, so everything is new for me!

Advice to Management

I like the attitude. You guys are definitely building momentum. Thank you for you help!

Dec 19, 2014 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and for the positive response!

Stellar place to fall into a lifetime groove!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stellar resources. Amazing compensation and benefits. The hours can be long, but the emphasis on work life balance is part of the company culture. You get to work with some of the brightest, most innovative and hard-working/diligent minds in the industry.

Cons

If you're not in Mountain View, collaboration and visibility is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting opportunity.

Fun place to work

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I only worked at Cooper for about a month however, I really did enjoy working there and was very sad to go. This place is perfect for those individuals who have a lot of drive and want to become their own boss. It’s a place where those people who apply both a student like mentality and a hard work ethic can flourish. Unfortunately for me the long hours didn’t match well with my school schedule. Cooper Concepts offers advancements and travel opportunities, you also get to meet new people who are also like minded and just awesome people. The compensation is based on merit so if you work hard you will be making a good amount of money. Aside from the compensation they do work hard to make everyone that works the best at what they do. They create a great atmosphere with games and competitions. I would only refer people who would have a positive attitude and are hard working.

Cons

The only negative I see is the long hours, however I do recognize that if you want to be good anything you need to put the time and effort to succeed.

Advice to Management

No Saturdays.. or maybe only 5 days

Dec 19, 2014 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for the positive feedback! My favorite perk is the travel opportunities as well! I can't wait to find out where this year's R&R will be!

An Incredible Opportunity

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall: To be quite honest, I was a little hesitant when I first joined because I had not worked with sales very much, and most of what I learned about marketing from school was the indirect aspect (I'm an undergrad marketing major). However, I brushed it off and continued with an open mind, and it'd be an understatement to say that I absolutely loved this position and don't regret going forward one bit. I learned a LOT, which is, not only going to help me in school, but just any career I undertake in general. I learned a variety of sales techniques (very useful by the way) and also learned how to work with customers for a Fortune 500 company both in a professional and personal manner, all while earning a good amount of money too (which is great, because most of my classmates are working unpaid internships!). Office Culture: Not only did Cooper Concepts help sharpen my interpersonal skills and expand my knowledge of the marketing industry, I also built great relationships with my fellow coworkers. Everyone-- other consultants, trainers, and assistant managers, to Evalee (HR) and Apryl and Steve (the bosses)--is incredibly nice, helpful, open, and genuine. I was taken aback at how welcome they made me feel from day one, and everyone is truly willing to help each other out, regardless of what the matter is. I've gained so much out of this career, and I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity to experience a job that I sincerely enjoy commuting to every morning. This is a great company run by an even greater group of people, and I have no doubts that they'll grow to be even more successful than they already are. :) Personal Growth: Finally I have to say this is a great opportunity just to get on a great career path. You work your way up, and the results are directly parallel to your work ethic and how much effort you put into your career. It's highly motivational and not only does your effort contribute to your own path, but to others as well.

Cons

I am not a fan of gummy bears.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

Nov 17, 2014 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for your feedback. We know for some sales can be intimidating, which is why we put some much strategy, time, and effort into our Corporate Training. We want to make sure we are supporting ... More

So exciting to work with goal oriented, enthusiastic and fun people.

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company gave me the opportunity to gain tons of experience. The growing process happened so quickly since promotions are based on performance. Great training from everyone and awesome coaching from CEO Christensen. It is good to see a true Leader in action. I am so blessed for taking this career knowing that I will have the financial freedom I always wanted for me and my family.

Cons

Wish the days had more hours while at work. And learning how to balance my personal life with my work life.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! It is fantastic to see many leaders in a work environment. And seeing CEO's always having fun with you without being entitled and being always there for you to coach you and develop people.

Nov 17, 2014 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the kind words. Our CEO was flattered by your compliment. We appreciate your feedback on needing better work/personal life ... More

It's a scam

Former Employee - Sales - "Direct Marketing" in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales - "Direct Marketing" in Chicago, IL

Pros

No pros. They lie about a base salary. There is no base salary - despite telling me on the phone that the base starts at 40 to 80 grand. Flagrant lie. It's door to door sales on 100% commission.

Cons

The door to door sales model is outdated. It doesn't work anymore. You're trying to sell things to people who don't want to hear the pitch, and couldn't afford the product if they did. It's terrible. Not to mention, the employees I went out with, to shadow on their day refused to tell me what you get from each sale- It was absurdly deceptive. (And after 7 hours and countless miles walked, they didn't get a single sale and got kicked out of virtually every place we went to). This "company" plays the "numbers" game, and you're the number - if you get a sale, great, they win. If you don't, it doesn't cost them any money (as you're on 100% commission), but also, you don't get to eat that day. Don't waste your time. Stay home and watch the Maury Show.

Advice to Management

Stop being total liars to get candidates in the door. Just be up front with people and tell them it's door to door, on 100% commission, and you won't have to waste our time and yours.

Dec 19, 2014 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking time to review our firm. We appreciate your feedback. You stated in your review that you worked for our firm, however you mentioned that during your job shadow, which ... More

Love the challenge! I got promoted to Management in 11 months! Thank You Cooper Concepts

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time

Pros

Fun, Energetic, Positive environments with a step by step Management Training Program. I was training from day 1 to go out and be successful. I learned the core fundamentals of basic consulting, team building, and how to problem solve organically.

Cons

It is a challenge. I had to work really hard.

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunity! I am living proof of the incredible success of this company. The broker provides tremendous support and stability and growth! Thank you Cooper Concepts.

Nov 17, 2014 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed