Cooper Concepts

Apryl Christensen

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

- Quick Advancement with Professional yet Fun Work Environment -

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsComing from a previous management role and a completely different industry than marketing and consulting sales, I was unsure if the position and company would be the right fit for me. However, I realized soon after I started that experience wasn't necessary and was relieved to see how simple the marketing and sales strategies were in order to get consistent results. Another relief was that the position is very stable because there's two types of compensation packages offered, which was a big factor for me. Also, I really enjoy working with clients that are recession proof, and managing corporate accounts is very rewarding.

The promotions are based on merit so I have control in how quickly I advance within the company. There aren't many companies that you can get to a management position in less than a year. Also, the company has a true "work hard, play hard" mentality which is refreshing to find. Everyone is serious about their work, but definitely have fun while doing it. It's great to know and get along with your coworkers versus a huge company that you can get lost in the shuffle. Overall, Cooper Concepts is an extremely professional firm and by far the best company I've worked for.

ConsCannot think of any at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCollaboration is key with any successful office, so continue to listen and implement the suggestions of employees. This is what differentiates your company from others, thank you!

Door to Door, 100% Commission

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you like high-fives and screaming in an office space that may be a pro. The co-workers know each other well.

Cons100% Commission, Door to Door, Pyramid Structure, revolving door regarding hiring and turnover. I prefer working 5 days a week, and they called for Monday-Saturday schedule. Not a professional work environment; seemed like they hire anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and up front with people so that they don't waste their time.

Went to second interview - went door to door

Entry Level Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCool location but I only saw two offices
    The girl who interviewed me gave me a career advancement paper during lunch to clarify how promotions work
    She was also very friendly - invited me to company barbecue that evening

ConsIt is not a "marketing consultant" job - it is door to door sales (cold-calling) for about a year. I felt a little misled. I'd worked at a marketing firm previously, and this was completely not the same thing.
    they say it has paid training but it's only $150 for however long it takes you to get 10 sales
    I had to go door to door on my "second interview" to shadow how to change people's energy supplier
    It is commission based compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest when recruiting: tell the people who are coming to interview that this is a door to door sales job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

*Best Summer Internship - and paid*

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWith a concentration in marketing and business management in college, I wanted to find an internship that would allow me to gain real world experience in the industry. Cooper Concepts was like a second family! Even though I was only there a few months, I was able to establish long term friendships. The staff is very supportive and flexible, any question I ever had was answered. I learned a lot there, and was promoted pretty quickly. There's an awesome team environment with a competitive and fun atmosphere, which matches my athletic background.

ConsIf you're not a hard worker then it's possible but wouldn't be as easy to get promoted because you need to posses a great work ethic and apply what is learned throughout training.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer paid internships, and keep the advancement structure and atmosphere the same!

Incredible growth opportunity and fun, fast-paced work environment

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI had fun everyday I went to work.
    I learned a lot about marketing, sales, and leadership in the months I was at this position.
    I was able to be promoted quickly because I knew I would be rewarded for my hard work.
    The hours and pay are very reasonable and competitive.

ConsIt was hard to do this job when I became more constricted with my time scheduling. I really enjoyed my time here but found out I was not available enough to gain even more success.

Amazing Energetic Environment

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Fun Environment
    - Cool People
    - The opportunity is great
    - It's like a big happy family
    - Team environment
    - Motivation
    - Team Night
    - BBQ's
    -Competition is great

ConsDoor to door in the cold

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what You are doing it's going great.

STAY AWAY

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsUmmmm, one time we had a grill out on the tiny 10ft by 10ft balcony after work.

Conspyramid scheme
    although some friendly people bust their hump and rarely get promoted, EVERYONE in this companies time and effort would be rewarded better and quicker elsewhere. Unfortunately most people working here, this is their first job and simply think they are really getting fast tracked on their career path. I honestly never write these reviews but I NEED to write this for any well adjusted and hard working people out their that might be considering this.
    Lastly, I myself am a sales representative, but most people here fit the bill of a cheesy car salesman most people would expect from D2D sales people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP LYING! Be more transparent with your job openings too. Although I'm pretty sure if you were you wouldnt lure impressionable college grads into your doors.

Biggest Scam--look elsewhere

Entry Level Sales (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSome people seem really happy and see this as a great opportunity for them. Nice people, potential to make friends

ConsCommission based job with door to door sales. I spent days bothering business owners to switch to T-Mobile and get employees T-Mobile phones. Mostly trying to rip off small business owners.

Two pay options:
    1) $400 a week + 20% commission, but you must make $1800 a week in sales.

2) 28% commission + tiered bonuses (something like a $15 gas card)

So you could potentially spend 8 hours out in the freezing cold bothering people door to door and make less than minimum wage. Just save yourself the trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to sell yourself as a marketing firm looking for talented well-educated people.

Terrible scam

Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt can be fun if you work with the right people

ConsThey say your travel expenses i.e. gas, food dry cleaning, is all reimbursed. It's not! Its just deductible on your taxes and you don't really get that money back even though they say you do.
    You have to bring people out to lunch. Mandatory on your own dime. Did I mention you don't get that money back?
    They take 15% percent out of your check
    They tell you its easy to get promoted. Its not. You have to convince 5 people to move across the country with you and they all individually have to make $500 a week for 2 weeks in a row. It doesn't stop there. They say you make 1000.00 as asst manager salary a week. but you don't actually see that money. it goes into 'savings' to open up your own company. but don't worry, you won't ever get to open up your own company because you will need people to come with you. and they never do.
    They lie to you saying it takes people only a few months to become a manager. its not true. lots of people switch campaigns so while the spend a year selling one thing, they switch to another 'company' selling something else and get promoted in a few months. Do they tell you they spent a year doing this somewhere else? no. they say they got promoted in a few months.
    you are told to lie to people sell things. or at least not tell the whole truth.
    you are told you are not good anything and you are a loser if you can't do this job.
    you spend 2 hours in the morning playing stupid games and hearing the same speech you've heard over and over again. unpaid. and unnecesarry waste of time.
    If you go to any of the conferences or other offices, you will hear the same speeches by the owners there as well. basically all this says is that they don't know how to run their company. they will just give you motivational speeches to make you want to do your job that day that they've heard before. They have to do this because they know you won't want to do your job. because honestly who wants to walk into business's and press them to buy something? or who wants to knock on peoples homes and try to sell something you don't believe in?
    You will get constant complaints even after your sale because you ultimately had to lie to them to get them to buy into whatever you are selling
    This job is for people who don't have other options in life. If you have an education, do not take this job. you are better than that!

Advice to Senior Managementstop lying about what the job is and making it seem like a sunny day. you don't make as much money as you brag about.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I have finally found a company I can call home.

Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOutstanding management! They value and treat all their associates like business partners versus regular employees. The positions are all performance based, so I don't have to deal with favoritism or seniority based promotions like I have with previous employers. The team atmosphere here is great. Everyone is willing to help you out with succeeding in your career.

ConsI am a workaholic, so sometimes it is hard to find the off switch. You are awarded bonuses and given a lot of recognition for all the hard work you put in, so that makes it hard to "clock out" at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Always stay positive and down to earth. Your employees love it!!

Worked for Cooper Concepts? Contribute to the Community!