Cooper Concepts Reviews

3.8
Apryl Christensen

1. Perfect Fit

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I started my application process to find a new career, the main quality that I was looking for was atmosphere. I stressed the importance of this during the interview process. I wanted a company that was geared more towards this decade rather than an "old school", "office space" type of position. I actually come to work and it's fun, here! I am close to my coworkers AND superiors. The energy it incredible. Also, important to me is relationships. I get a good balance of that with co-workers, customers, and personal. I'm very happy that I found Cooper Concepts Inc.!

Cons

I can't think of anything really negative. On days I don't feel too energized, my co workers don't want to be brought down, so they make their energy contagious. I guess that could be a good thing though.

Advice to Management

I like the attitude. You guys are definitely building momentum. Thank you for your help!

2. If you are lazy this is not the place for you.

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant

I have been working at Cooper Concepts

Pros

I graduated college in 2013 with a degree in psychology. very broad major, but I knew I wanted to do something where I would be working with and helping people on a daily basis. most places require "3 years experience" but cooper concepts really values the person as a whole and saw the potential in me even though i didnt have that experience quite yet. i have been working there for 2 months and am about to get my 2nd promotion. well on my way to management. what other place would you be able to say that? if you are lazy, and just want to come to work every day and be stagnant and not improve or grow--you best not apply. competitive, fun, supportive environment.

Cons

the training is sort of fast-paced and i remember feeling overwhelmed at first but i guess you would at the start of any new job.

Advice to Management

increase communication b/w employees and management.

Company is great to work with-- if you're good at sales

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, helpful people who want to see and help you succeed. Motivating to start your day, you work mostly on your own, at your own pace. Lots of room to move up in company, all the way to the top where you manage your own branch.

Cons

100% commission. If you are not good at being a sales rep, this job is not going to work for you. Just be weary of this, as the job doesn't exactly tell you this when you're applying or going to interviews. They expect you to work on saturdays if you do not meet weekly quota, they expect you to put in long hours every day.

Advice to Management

Don't tell the employees that this is not a sales job, because it is completely sales until you move further up in the company.

A Refreshing Change

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A couple of pros: integrity, character, and team environment. Management team seems very confident and charismatic. I do like their character and talks of integrity. Business is based on performance and numbers, very simple. I like numbers.

Cons

I would say my comfort zone. I was in finance before, so everything is new for me!

Advice to Management

I like the attitude. You guys are definitely building momentum. Thank you for you help!

Dec 19, 2014Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and for the positive response!

6. Stellar place to fall into a lifetime groove!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stellar resources. Amazing compensation and benefits. The hours can be long, but the emphasis on work life balance is part of the company culture. You get to work with some of the brightest, most innovative and hard-working/diligent minds in the industry.

Cons

If you're not in Mountain View, collaboration and visibility is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting opportunity.

Fun place to work

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I only worked at Cooper for about a month however, I really did enjoy working there and was very sad to go. This place is perfect for those individuals who have a lot of drive and want to become their own boss. It’s a place where those people who apply both a student like mentality and a hard work ethic can flourish. Unfortunately for me the long hours didn’t match well with my school schedule. Cooper Concepts offers advancements and travel opportunities, you also get to meet new people who are also like minded and just awesome people. The compensation is based on merit so if you work hard you will be making a good amount of money. Aside from the compensation they do work hard to make everyone that works the best at what they do. They create a great atmosphere with games and competitions. I would only refer people who would have a positive attitude and are hard working.

Cons

The only negative I see is the long hours, however I do recognize that if you want to be good anything you need to put the time and effort to succeed.

Advice to Management

No Saturdays.. or maybe only 5 days

Dec 19, 2014Human Resource Director

Thank you for the positive feedback! My favorite perk is the travel opportunities as well! I can't wait to find out where this year's R&R will be!

Success? Ha

I worked at Cooper Concepts

Pros

Games are fun, team nights are fun and the meetings are good. Other than that no one cares about anyone there. No matter what they say there is NO base salary. Its is door to door. Commission. 100 percent. If you ask for a base salary, they either won't hire you, or put you on that for about a week, then put you back on commission. They are real crooks.

Cons

Everything. They are liars, and phonies. People barely make it there to own there own company, they just say that to get you to work there. The people who make it there look good, but they are morons. Everyone sleeps with each other there especially the people in charge. Morning and afternoon people know that. Then the next day, people act like nothing happened Its sad.

Advice to Management

See above. Also need classy people, not trashy people.

So exciting to work with goal oriented, enthusiastic and fun people.

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company gave me the opportunity to gain tons of experience. The growing process happened so quickly since promotions are based on performance. Great training from everyone and awesome coaching from CEO Christensen. It is good to see a true Leader in action. I am so blessed for taking this career knowing that I will have the financial freedom I always wanted for me and my family.

Cons

Wish the days had more hours while at work. And learning how to balance my personal life with my work life.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! It is fantastic to see many leaders in a work environment. And seeing CEO's always having fun with you without being entitled and being always there for you to coach you and develop people.

Nov 17, 2014Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the kind words. Our CEO was flattered by your compliment. We appreciate your feedback on needing better work/personal life ... More

An Incredible Opportunity

I have been working at Cooper Concepts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall: To be quite honest, I was a little hesitant when I first joined because I had not worked with sales very much, and most of what I learned about marketing from school was the indirect aspect (I'm an undergrad marketing major). However, I brushed it off and continued with an open mind, and it'd be an understatement to say that I absolutely loved this position and don't regret going forward one bit. I learned a LOT, which is, not only going to help me in school, but just any career I undertake in general. I learned a variety of sales techniques (very useful by the way) and also learned how to work with customers for a Fortune 500 company both in a professional and personal manner, all while earning a good amount of money too (which is great, because most of my classmates are working unpaid internships!).

Office Culture: Not only did Cooper Concepts help sharpen my interpersonal skills and expand my knowledge of the marketing industry, I also built great relationships with my fellow coworkers. Everyone-- other consultants, trainers, and assistant managers, to Evalee (HR) and Apryl and Steve (the bosses)--is incredibly nice, helpful, open, and genuine. I was taken aback at how welcome they made me feel from day one, and everyone is truly willing to help each other out, regardless of what the matter is. I've gained so much out of this career, and I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity to experience a job that I sincerely enjoy commuting to every morning. This is a great company run by an even greater group of people, and I have no doubts that they'll grow to be even more successful than they already are. :)

Personal Growth: Finally I have to say this is a great opportunity just to get on a great career path. You work your way up, and the results are directly parallel to your work ethic and how much effort you put into your career. It's highly motivational and not only does your effort contribute to your own path, but to others as well.

Cons

I am not a fan of gummy bears.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

Nov 17, 2014Human Resource Director

Thank you for your feedback. We know for some sales can be intimidating, which is why we put some much strategy, time, and effort into our Corporate Training. We want to make sure we are supporting ... More

It's a scam

Former Employee - Sales - "Direct Marketing" in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales - "Direct Marketing" in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts

Pros

No pros. They lie about a base salary.

There is no base salary - despite telling me on the phone that the base starts at 40 to 80 grand. Flagrant lie.

It's door to door sales on 100% commission.

Cons

The door to door sales model is outdated. It doesn't work anymore. You're trying to sell things to people who don't want to hear the pitch, and couldn't afford the product if they did. It's terrible.

Not to mention, the employees I went out with, to shadow on their day refused to tell me what you get from each sale- It was absurdly deceptive.

(And after 7 hours and countless miles walked, they didn't get a single sale and got kicked out of virtually every place we went to).

This "company" plays the "numbers" game, and you're the number - if you get a sale, great, they win. If you don't, it doesn't cost them any money (as you're on 100% commission), but also, you don't get to eat that day.

Don't waste your time. Stay home and watch the Maury Show.

Advice to Management

Stop being total liars to get candidates in the door. Just be up front with people and tell them it's door to door, on 100% commission, and you won't have to waste our time and yours.

Dec 19, 2014Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking time to review our firm. We appreciate your feedback.

You stated in your review that you worked for our firm, however you mentioned that during your job shadow, which
    ... More