Cooper University Hospital

Case Management department

Former Employee - Physician - Internist  in  Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Physician - Internist in Camden, NJ

I worked at Cooper University Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since they are unionized you can expect excellent salary and benefits.

Cons

I felt as if I was becoming a trained robot. Too many rules and regulations, wasn't conducive to brain storming and forming new ways to achieve excellence with in my department. MD charting would reflect same information every single day even though certain orders had been d/c'd, it appeared as if they were still active.
    Also very quick to terminate your position if you are out on medical leave too long.

Maybe a little compassion for your employees instead of being so COOPER hyper-focused. It seems to be all about what Cooper is doing within the health world and community to the point of too much pride and conceit just shoved in your face. Employees are just their tools they use to help accomplish their own agendas.

HORRIBLE

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Cooper University Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

vacation time and the day I resigned.

Cons

if you are an hourly employee you will work your full 40 hours while nonsalaried employees come and go as they please. I did not think this was fair because I punched in and out. Then I found another job and gladly resigned. Job descriptions are underrated and then you find out differently once you begin learning your responsibilities. My position was recently reclassified in order for someone to stay since they have not found someone to stay for 2 years so far. Each person that had this position resigned. Isn't that interesting... I did not even get an exit interview since they knew I may tell HR everything that was going on in that department. Instead, I write it here and I left to never look back. It is not the best place to work at all. The hire ups almost force you to give a good review or else your job is in jeopardy. They say anonymous yet a number is assigned. So everyone feels obligated to lie on review for example The Best Place to Work Review but it is not. Cooper is the WORST place I have every worked and I am very happy I am out of there.

Check out your satellite offices especially Cherry Hill they are basically doing whatever they want in a certain department. They may work about 30 hours a week maybe even less. This is a very true statement. I know i saw it every single day. They live as if they are untouchable. Not fair at all to those of us who had to punch a clock and that my friend is total honesty. There are those that take advantage of not starting on time and then leaving early since they are salaried. However they fail to realize they are supposed to work the 40 hour week. They said they did not take lunch but every day they took one hour lunch. Go figure. Enough said now don't you think?

Traditional hospital

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Cooper University Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally stable for clinical staff and lower level administrative staff

Cons

Reluctant to change; Will not lead innovation but will adopt changes only when forced by CMS or NJ DOH.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too Little Pay

Former Employee - Clinical Practice Assistant II  in  Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Clinical Practice Assistant II in Camden, NJ

I worked at Cooper University Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

the health benefits are great

Cons

You apply for one job and you end up doing several positions with no extra pay or increase

Listen to your employees

You will work for every penny.

Current Employee - Critical Care Technician  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Critical Care Technician in Camden, NJ

Pros

There's always a lot of overtime available

Cons

The pay is very low and the raises are really petty

Horrible Atmosphere

Former Employee - Data Manager  in  Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Data Manager in Camden, NJ

I worked at Cooper University Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some people are nice and helpful

Cons

The place is full of people who love to tell you how wonderful they are

Improve the way employees are treated at all levels

Clinical Practice Asst II

Current Employee - Clinical Practice Assistant II  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Practice Assistant II in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Cooper University Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Cooper has great patient care. They also have great opportunity to work with a variety of specialty doctors. Flexible hours. Tuition reimbursements. Credential renewal reimbursement.

Cons

Underpaid. No vertime allowed. Overworked. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Have to use our personal time off to cover vacations, holidays, sick days... etc...

LACK OF ORGANIZATION

Horrible RN Orientation

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Cooper University Hospital full-time

Pros

Great Doctors, ancillary staff very helpful. Wonderful ICU and OR.

Cons

Orientation-I was told the ER RN Educator would teach us about some things not covered in orientation like the equipment. Did not happen. Was thrown in to the bedside with a part time RN who left me while she took breaks often, then could not wait to criticize me when she returned. No RN Educator ever reached out to me in the ER. Preceptor was only into socializing. Other ER nurse even contradicted what preceptor "ordered" me to do. Serious clique culture in the ER. Could not wait to get out of there to start in another ER.

Get a grip on what really goes on with your "absent RN educators" and preceptors that only want the pay and power.

I enjoyed very much and the staff was very accommodating.

Current Employee - Legal Intern  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Legal Intern in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Cooper University Hospital as an intern for less than a year

Pros

1. Nice People
    2.Easy to work with.

Cons

Not sure if there is employment opportunity.

None

IT Dept. - Fast Pace Environment, great place to work

Former Employee - Desktop Support  in  Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Camden, NJ

I worked at Cooper University Hospital as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment
    Every task is not only critical, but someone's life could be depending on it. Even a printer fix.
    Team environment is condusive to learning

Cons

Management at the time, was lacking. The lower management has since changed personnel.

Make sure the people on the bottom of the IT food chain have access to training, certification resources, and a career path.

Worked for Cooper University Hospital? Contribute to the Community!