Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Tim McEnery

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bonuses for hitting sales goals and good hours. Offers excellent discounts on meals and wine. Always busy at dinner.

Cons

Inconsistant schedule and lots of turnover.

Poor Management from the top

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time for less than a year

Pros

The co workers were wonderful

Cons

No support whatsoever, left you to drown with no life jacket

150+people started lucky you have less then 10 left...Tell me whats wrong...As soon as they hear the regional manager is coming in they shift gears and threaten people

Awful managment

Former Employee - Server  in  Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The place is busy so the servers make good money.

Cons

Worst possible management. No loyalty .

Quit screwing over managers, firing them, replacing them with servers. Also quit stealing recipes from Wildfire and Cheesecake factory.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for Cooper's Hawk

Current Employee - Server  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Clean, fairly organized, higher end clientele, great scratch food, employee incentives

Cons

excessive side-work (especially closing). Sometimes tend to take themselves too seriously!

They don't care about people

Former Employee - Server  in  Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's rally hard to say anything positive so no pros

Cons

Horrible management, they definitely don't care about people. God forbid you have a family emergency. They will simply tell you the restaurant comes first. Half of the management doesn't pay attention to schedules and will schedule people to work 30+ hours on weekend only without a break. So if you like to butcher yourself like that it is a great place to do it! And they money is not really that great!

Maybe start caring about employees? That would be a good starting point!

Cooper's Hawk

Current Employee - Server  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Server in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time for more than a year

Pros

good company, structure, family atmosphere, good idea

Cons

upper management, hiring process, structure

It's a great place to work if you have a good work ethic and are a team player.

Former Employee - Host  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Host in Naperville, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexable hours, nice atmosphere, good discount, supportive staff, competent management. Profoundly clean and well organized, values good employees, and serves GREAT food.

Cons

Not enough staff at times, and the management can have some unrealistic expectations of their staff during excessively busy times.

It would be great if there was a way to create a more cohesive, unified attitude among all the employees within the restaurant.

Good serving gig.

Former Employee - Server  in  Wheeling, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Higher end customers, good work environment, great discounts (40% off wine) and chance to make good money. Side-work is easy compared to past jobs. Chance to make more money by selling wine clubs

Cons

It's a serving job so the traditional cons. Over the past year the place is becoming more corporate. Some managers are a little over the top, but for the most part very good hands on managers.

Keep up with the fun and relaxed attitude the job is stressful enough without added pressures.

Good money, management and corporate doesnt care about the worker.

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants for more than a year

Pros

Were always busy, the money is the only thing thats keeping me here. This used to be the best restaurant I've worked at, but recently it has turned for the worst.

Cons

The company as a whole is exploding, which sucks for servers they seem to care less and less about the worker and more about the bottom line. This company mission statement is all about creating community and caring for its empleyees buts thats not the case, they always have focus groups with the owner or the GM but it doesnt change anything. I never seen any restaurant that is so small have such a big corporate office. It seems like they have a new executive every few months and there all coming from let us entertain you and darden restaurants. When I first started I used to love coming into work, but now I cant wait to leave. In the next couple of years it will lose all of its exclusiveness and be more of a corporate chain like Olive Garden. If you work a double (12+hours) dont expect to have a break, or even sit down as its against the rules. Management is always changing, always pulling out rules outta there @$$ stating its in the handbook.

Your greatest asset in the company are your servers, treat them with respect.

By serving, I gained experience by interacting with customers and working as a team.

Former Employee - Server  in  Wheeling, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced atmosphere, good team work, able to network with people

Cons

Second Shift, Not ideal for a full time position.

Worked for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!