Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

3.6
Tim McEnery

1. Great Restaurant to Work For

Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management team! They are a growing company and they love to promote from within. Earn extra money and prizes by selling Wine Clubs.

Cons

There are very few downsides to working here outside of the downsides that are involved in any other restaurant job.

2. Booming company that cares about people and promoting from within

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, team approach, great food, tons of room for advancement and relocation, hands on training and a great CEO. They truly want you to enjoy your job. They also put out a yearly survey to find out what we are doing well on and where we can improve. Things like the survey make me feel like they truly care. When they see a chance to improve, they take it.

Cons

The company is growing at a fast rate. I just hope to remain a privately held organization and stick to our values and caring about people, more than the bottom line.

Advice to Management

I think the ethics hotline is a great addition because people need a chance to be heard anonymously.

3. Professional, well run restaurant with great food, pleasant guests, great tips.

Current Employee - Server in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Orland Park, IL

Pros

Great tips, professional helpful managers, wonderful employee perks. The food is fantastic and benefits sell themselves. 50% off food and 40% off wine.

Cons

A lot of side work, long hours after close, no trays. Style of restaurant prompts people to sit for a long time so you won't turn tables fast but bills are typically high enough to compensate.

5. Fantastic place to work at!

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Culture, values, growth and fun!

Cons

There's nothing bad about this company!

6. Good company to work for

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time

Pros

-Successful corporate organization
    -Approachable corporate office and CEO
    -Room for movement, development, and advancement

Cons

-long and most times varying hours

7. Love the company!

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time

Pros

I am a server at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant, it has been one of the best positions i've had so far in my career. Wonderful, energetic group of people that i work with including management! Perks are definitely awesome!

Cons

Pressure to sell wine clubs is over the top. I understand the importance of wine clubs to the company, but when the store has been in its location for three years it is difficult to get those sold. Either they are already members or absolutely do not want to join.

8. Amazing place and people, but hitting some growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money and the people are great. Serving is very lucrative as long as you know how to work as a team. This is not an 'every server for themselves' kind of gig. The GM of my restaurant has been wonderful to work with and has helped me grow as an employee. Tim McEnery is an amazing CEO.

Cons

The company is so focused on expansion...it is losing sight of the culture that has helped set this concept a part. I believe Corporate should sit down and re examine the message in the Mission Statement and core values they unveiled 4 years ago before expansion really took off. They should also re evaluate the support they give to established restaurants.

Advice to Management

I think upper management should hold an LRT focus group. They should also return to the mission statement and core values to determine where they can improve to better live up to Coopers Hawk standards. Profit is a great thing in the business world, but the real success of the company is in the hands of your front line team members and those who manage them. Nurture those relationships.

9. Good place to work if you are willing to be a team player.

Pros

Good clientele, great menu and wine that sells itself, good discounts, generally good money if you are willing to work.

Cons

Scheduling is an issue. Managers are rotated too much and as soon as you get used to one schedule a different manager takes over and upends your life. Favoritism is an issue.

Advice to Management

Reward the employees that come to work everyday and do their job well. Enforce rules the same for all. Beware of expanding so fast that you lose sight of the basics.

10. Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good bonuses for hitting sales goals and good hours. Offers excellent discounts on meals and wine. Always busy at dinner.

Cons

Inconsistant schedule and lots of turnover.

11. Working for Cooper's Hawk

Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

Pros

Very Clean, fairly organized, higher end clientele, great scratch food, employee incentives

Cons

excessive side-work (especially closing). Sometimes tend to take themselves too seriously!

RSS Feed </> Embed