Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Add Photos

Tim McEnery

Awful managment

Orland Park, IL

ProsThe place is busy so the servers make good money.

ConsWorst possible management. No loyalty .

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit screwing over managers, firing them, replacing them with servers. Also quit stealing recipes from Wildfire and Cheesecake factory.

Working for Cooper's Hawk

Orlando, FL

ProsVery Clean, fairly organized, higher end clientele, great scratch food, employee incentives

Consexcessive side-work (especially closing). Sometimes tend to take themselves too seriously!

Cooper's Hawk

Indianapolis, IN

Prosgood company, structure, family atmosphere, good idea

Consupper management, hiring process, structure

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good serving gig.

Wheeling, IL

ProsHigher end customers, good work environment, great discounts (40% off wine) and chance to make good money. Side-work is easy compared to past jobs. Chance to make more money by selling wine clubs

ConsIt's a serving job so the traditional cons. Over the past year the place is becoming more corporate. Some managers are a little over the top, but for the most part very good hands on managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the fun and relaxed attitude the job is stressful enough without added pressures.

It's a great place to work if you have a good work ethic and are a team player.

Host (Former Employee)
    Naperville, IL

ProsFlexable hours, nice atmosphere, good discount, supportive staff, competent management. Profoundly clean and well organized, values good employees, and serves GREAT food.

ConsNot enough staff at times, and the management can have some unrealistic expectations of their staff during excessively busy times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if there was a way to create a more cohesive, unified attitude among all the employees within the restaurant.

Good money, management and corporate doesnt care about the worker.

(Current Employee)

ProsWere always busy, the money is the only thing thats keeping me here. This used to be the best restaurant I've worked at, but recently it has turned for the worst.

ConsThe company as a whole is exploding, which sucks for servers they seem to care less and less about the worker and more about the bottom line. This company mission statement is all about creating community and caring for its empleyees buts thats not the case, they always have focus groups with the owner or the GM but it doesnt change anything. I never seen any restaurant that is so small have such a big corporate office. It seems like they have a new executive every few months and there all coming from let us entertain you and darden restaurants. When I first started I used to love coming into work, but now I cant wait to leave. In the next couple of years it will lose all of its exclusiveness and be more of a corporate chain like Olive Garden. If you work a double (12+hours) dont expect to have a break, or even sit down as its against the rules. Management is always changing, always pulling out rules outta there @$$ stating its in the handbook.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour greatest asset in the company are your servers, treat them with respect.

By serving, I gained experience by interacting with customers and working as a team.

Wheeling, IL

ProsFast paced atmosphere, good team work, able to network with people

ConsSecond Shift, Not ideal for a full time position.

Like any other dine in

House Man (Current Employee)
    Orland Park, IL

ProsThe work load they give us is crazy but manageable, and pretty good discounts.

ConsCoopers Hawk just take themselves a little too serious, which is not too much of a bad thing to the customer, but a highly stressful thing to the employees. Regular breaks are not given out unless your a double, and on the work schedule the employee knows what time he or she has to be punched in for work, but you will not know when to punch out to leave. Resturant in Orland Park, IL

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a current employee of this establishment , and I highly suggest giving the employees Start and Finish times on the working Schedule, and regular breaks, especially if its over 6 hours of work. Heads up its workers rights!!!

Great sense of community, quickly growing into corporate type environment

Wheeling, IL

ProsThey seem to truly care about their employees.

ConsSometimes quality is overstepped now that the company is growing so quickly. It seems that growth is becoming the most important goal.

Worked for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants CEO Tim McEnery. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants employees.