CooperVision
www.coopercos.com Pleasanton, CA 5000+ Employees

CooperVision Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Daniel G. McBride

One of the best companies I have ever worked at as they truly care about their people and live the values they have est.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Fairport, NY

ProsAmazing management team, great people, the company actually lives their values each day;;Being Partners to all internal and extrernal customers, everyone is Friendly, People are Dedicated and we always try to be Innovative to see how we can doing something better. The management support is great as no one talks down to you and everyone is treated as part of a team. I would comnpare the salaries and benefits of CooperViision to any other top company in Rochester, and last but not least, The Wellness program is second to none.

ConsThe only challenges I see is that the Strategic team in located in California so if you are succesful at your position in Fariport unless you want to move to California it could be challenging to ascend to a director position or higher in Fairport. This all depends on the department you are in.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on consistant communication throughout the organization, at times changes occur and not everyone is in the loop.

The opportunities are limitless!

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
    Fairport, NY

ProsIt's a flexible work environment and very wellness focused. There is a gym on site, that employees are encourages to use, with a full time personal trainer, for FREE. There is also FREE weight watchers, where a rep comes once a week to hold meetings during lunch hour, in a conference room. It doesn't get any easier than that, to stay fit! I've only been with the company 9 months and have already traveled to California and Barbados. There are many opportunities to grow and do well! The benefits package is also great and inexpensive. It includes full health, dental and eye care and 401k and pension. The day to day tasks are challenging and people are always there to help.

ConsThere are some people who don't see the benefits of working for CooperVision and it can be demotivating. People in lower level roles tend to be negative, at all times, and very removed from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to improve the morale of lower level employees by getting them involved in meetings, so they can feel like they're apart of something.

Overall, a great place to be.

Rochester, NY

ProsWith not a lot of big thriving companies in Rochester, NY, CooperVision is a great place to be. They clearly believe in work-life balance and have a gym and wellness program that help weigh out the negatives.

ConsPromotions and salary increases can be tough to get. Very top heavy with Sr. management and very few actually executing the work. Sr. management mostly in CA office with a clear desire to move more employees out there. Vacation time falls very short with an increase coming only after 5 full years of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo lean, need more entry to mid level employees. Too internally focused. Need to focus on needs of end customer.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poised for success if properly managed

ProsJob stability and great location

ConsLimited opportunity for moving up

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hiring policy is not sound- some management authority is misusing power by hiring people with no background experiences in the medical device field. This is not a good trend for the future retention of good employees for the company.

Living the Values

Pleasanton, CA

ProsThis company lives by its values - dedicated, inventive, partners and friendly
    It's a growing successful company
    Great Wellness program, benefits and they strive to be on the best places to work list by making it a great place to work

ConsFast growth means change so you have to be adaptable and staffing is lean so it's a fast paced environment. But opportunity comes along with growth.

Doing Work to Help People Improve How They See Is Rewarding

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsAt CooperVision, we're helping people see the world around them more clearly. We're not inventing ways to cure cancer. It's still rewarding to know your work is helping people see better, especially when you hear how it changes some people's lives. CooperVision cares about your quality of life. There is a serious investment from the top to foster health & wellness. It's really great working where people care about your health and wellness. The culture fosters open communication and feedback.

The everyday work is detailed, challenging and rewarding for the right people. Cooper provides training opportunities to improve and develop skills no matter where you're at right now. We have a lot of interesting people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We have products that work well for patients and eye care providers. And we try new things to help our customers be successful. There are many people who have worked here for 10 - 20 years and beyond.

ConsWe need to do a better job of working together, collaborating even more effectively by utilizing rich, digital technologies to connect with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the customer. Invest in what drives growth and helps our customers succeed. We need to accelerate. Champion adopting today's web technology to connect with each other.

Good stepping stone

Juana Diaz, PR

ProsComfortable work environment, most positions are very easy to learn and to execute.

ConsConstant changing 12 hrs shifts doing monotonous work. Gets old very quickly. Very little growth opportunity and is mostly based on your assistance and not your knowledge or experience. Low salary wages with little or no raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen more to what your employees have to say and do something about it, lots of unhappy people working for this plant and whats so unbelievable is that their needs are mostly easy things to comply with.

Fantastic Employer!

ProsCooperVision is everything I am looking for in an employer; focus on employee learning and development, challenging projects and a collaborative environment. Leadership from the top down values and appreciates employees and shows it through our fun and exciting events such as Picnics, Holiday Parties, Bowling and our Global Wellness Program.

ConsChallenges are opportunities at CooperVision! One thing that is great about the culture at CVI is that if you recognize a challenge and present a solution; that solution is reviewed and considered. Your voice is really heard here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe more Executives and Leaders get in front of employees and communicate- no matter what the topic- the better.

Balancing Growth & Execution - A Good Company

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Fairport, NY

ProsI stumbled into this lesser know company a few years ago, and it has been a great experience ever since.

The People: You'd be hard pressed to find a coworker who wouldn't help you or listen to what you have to say.
    The Culture: Employee engagment is pretty high. Great Events. Company sponsored teams (I'm on two). Company Cares about customers and patients (and employees). Big Wellness Program. A good mix of fun, hard work, and sesnce of belonging.
    Career Development: The programs are there, but they aren't going to hand it to you. You have to ask for it and take control of your career.

ConsNo Employee Stock Purchase Plan
    Profit Sharing Should be the norm for all roles in NY

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look for ways to rewards employees and continue to support a motivating work environment.

Coopervision is a great place to work.

Pleasanton, CA

ProsHealth and healthy choices are encouraged including gym membership at local gym.
    Friendly co-workers.
    Great benefits.
    Small Company Feel
    Great commute if you live in the East Bay.

ConsThe system technology is behind other companies that I have worked for, but Coopervision is in the process of updating in the next 2-5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvertise the company more so that there is wider comapny name and brand recognition.

Worked for CooperVision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CooperVision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CooperVision CEO Daniel G. McBride. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by CooperVision employees.