CoorsTek
www.coorstek.com Golden, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

CoorsTek Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014
CoorsTek – Golden – “Office Drone”

John K. Coors

The Opportunities for success within the company were great!

Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at CoorsTek full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCoorstek operates in a team-oriented environment, provides opportunities to excel for all employees, and promotes within the organization. The company had really great benefits, and the pay during my employment with Coorstek was higher than most organizations.

ConsI do not really feel a need to express any cons with my employment at Coorstek. During my employment at Coorstek, I found the benefits of the company to be better than most other organizations in the Denver metro area, but my con is that it has been a number of years since I had left Coorstek and I do not know what the current benefit packages offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the management teams at Coorstek, is to promote and hire supervisors within the organization that treat all employees with respect and consistency. A good management style can ensure employee satisfaction which then results in higher customer satisfaction.

Work, eat, (sleep,) repeat.

Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at CoorsTek full-time for less than a year

ProsQuick and easy hiring process.

ConsLong hours, fast-paced and physically demanding, workers laid off with seasonally changing demand for product output, catty work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and their well-being more and they'll be more effective workers; cutting out a 15 minute break and cutting quarterly bonuses is a poor motivator.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Shockingly Unprofessional Behavior

IT Help Desk (Former Employee)

I worked at CoorsTek full-time for less than a year

ProsMany sharp coworkers and an executive staff that were great to serve.

ConsI experienced the nastiest sycophant I would never have imagined ever reporting to. I quickly found another position.

Advice to Senior ManagementI witnessed a closed-door environment hiding unprofessional behavior by someone placed in a supervisory role who had no business managing human beings. More disturbing were the excuses being made (gender & years with the company) for their behavior.

Good place if you are looking for a real job and do it.

I have been working at CoorsTek full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of opportunity if you want to work hard and get involved. If you just want to clock in and tune out go back to restaraunts. Location can be a plus.

ConsHave to put in a lot of time to be recognized. It's all about showing good numbers and doing whats right is secondary.

Working at Coorstek was rewarding experience

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI gained good experience in managing International Business

ConsDid not make career advancement as I initially expected.

Highly centralized, intense drive for profits

Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
Grand Junction, CO

I worked at CoorsTek full-time for less than a year

ProsWorked with some very good people. The professional pay was pretty good, benefits not bad.

ConsCoorstek is a family run business with a drive to be a monopoly. They are a religious family, with typical hypocritical values. Squeeze the workers hard, pay them poorly, give them the minimum working conditions - so that they can work hard to make a huge profit for the family. Realize that Coorstek expects that you put the company above all else, including your family.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut aside your monomaniacal greed for limitless profit and change your culture to one where all employees are part of the family. Train your leadership team on proven leadership principles. Value your workers above all else, and you will earn the respect of the world.

Excellent company, good management.

Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CoorsTek full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompany has majority market share in many of its product lines.
Excellent technical capabilities.
Good opportunities for advancements.
With multiple plants there are more opportunities with transfers.

ConsHourly employees are subject to mandatory overtime whenever business needs require it. This can be a serious hardship for single parents.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Run from this company

Accounting (Former Employee)

I worked at CoorsTek full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe people are great to work with, both in manfacturing and the finance side. Very collaborative environment.

ConsMorale in the finance group is bad. When one person quits, they don't replace them, and expect the rest to take the load. Minimal to no raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with the staff, and promote from within.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CoorsTek

ProsThere is good pay for people with little education.

ConsThe company is not getting enough orders and so are letting people go.

Rollercoaster ride

Operator (Current Employee)
Golden, CO

I have been working at CoorsTek full-time for less than a year

ProsTheir buildings are located in a very beautiful mountain area. GOLDEN COLORADO. It's also very diverse and you get to meet some really nice people. Benefits are great and affordable.

ConsManagement is very disconnected from their employees. Its a good job if your fresh out of high school. But not for long term career. They are also very greedy. A lot of favoritism toward the slackers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers, supervisor and team leads have no structure in their departments, very poor communication skills, They have no manners they always show depressing facial expressions. Please retrain them.

Worked for CoorsTek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CoorsTek reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CoorsTek CEO John K. Coors. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by CoorsTek employees.