Copart Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Jay Adair

Pros
  • Hard working staff; many people have 8-5 jobs (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits, descent pay for managers (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is absolutely clueless about how to successfully run a used car purchasing program (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours, salary means no overtime pay (in 8 reviews)

good job. steady work

Current Employee - Vehicle Receiver in Newburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Vehicle Receiver in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it is a good place to work if you don't mind being outside and enjoy cars. its good steady work for a good company that treats its employees good. good benefits

Cons

its a tough job when the weather is bad. the managers could treats the employees better, they don't treat them bad though.

Advice to Management

pay attention to the good job that the employees are doing. lets us know were doing a good job, when we are. don't just focus on the few bad things

2. Great company with lots of potential

I have been working at Copart full-time

Pros

The company is continuing their international expansion which is very exciting to be a part of! There is a lot of opportunity! If you are dedicated and work hard, you will be recognized. They have good benefits for the employees including the employee stock purchase plan which is great.

Cons

There can be a lot of office politics but you will find this at most any company.

Advice to Management

Great people will bring great success. Recognize and reward these people and don't be afraid to deal with those that are holding us back.

3. Great work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart

Pros

Great company to work for with Great Management.

Cons

Not much to complain about.

5. Operations Management Trainee

Former Employee - Operation Manager in Kent, OH
    Former Employee - Operation Manager in Kent, OH

I worked at Copart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Levels of exception are set at the first interview.... If you are willing to move there is a lot of great opportunities !

Cons

No management training, go figure it out attitude

6. Okay company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Copart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid Fortune 500 company, good reputation, friendly staff. Management seems to be flexible with needed days off and laid back work environment.

Cons

Pay is not equivalent to the work you put in. Lower than other competitor auctions. Right when you start making good money they changed the pay structure barely being able to afford to live and pay bills.

Advice to Management

Nothing shows how much you value your employees like compensating according to job performance. Throw out some positive feedback every now and then.

LETS GO COPART LETS GO!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Homestead, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Homestead, FL

I have been working at Copart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Copart for a little over 11 months now. I have learned a lot of the business and I have been able to really appreciate what this company has to offer to an employee. Copart does not only push you to be a better employee, they push you to be a better person in life. Copart's new mission, vision, and values prove that Copart not only care about your career in Copart but they care about your growth as an individual. What I love most about this company is that we are not co-workers we are a family.

Cons

-Honestly I appreciate everything this company has done for me and have absolutely no bad things to say about this company.

Advice to Management

- I would Like to be able to see and meet Corporate officers more often. (I was able to meet some corporate officers while on CAT Duty in Houston,TX, I was so honored) - More Copart events in which all yards can come together and get to know one another to build a bigger bond in this Copart family. - I know it is a busy position to be manager, but I feel that if managers would take the time and send an email or a quote to an employee it would make the employee feel appreciated and wanted in the company. A small thank you or good job can make an employee's day.

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your comments! I'll be sure to share your suggestions regarding more visibility of our leadership team and having managers share quotes and ideas to recognize employees. Rory ... More

Changing for the good!

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like the people I work with and the work environment is really fast-paced and never boring. My Manager seems to appreciate my work and my team members keep it fun. It is hard work and sometimes the hours and pace can be crazy. Management has asked employees what we think about working here and what we like/don't like and seem to be listening--computers in the field had been a headache for a long time but they just announced new equipment is being rolled out based on comments. Also seeing new benefits and stuff coming out-(newsletters, employee app, new mission-values-vision, etc). Like most things, what you get out of the job depends a lot on what you put into it.

Cons

Pace can be a bit tiring at times and sometimes management doesn't remove people who don't carry their weight fast enough...

Advice to Management

Ask the employees about the team's performance--we can probably tell you who's pulling the weight and who's not. It would be nice to have more flexibility in work hours as well.

Copart has amazing career opportunities and truly cares about the employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome medical, dental, vision, 401k, ESOP, tuition reimbursement, competitive pay. It is definitely hard work but the right person can be very successful.

Cons

Since Copart is a self auditing company there is alot of pressure on internal audit scores and sometimes micro managing is the only way to achieve success in the audit categories. Hires off the street over promoting from within just because the candidate looks good on paper.

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for being such an awesome company to work for and for all the positive changes that are coming. Maybe start something to highlight your employees that have worked their 10+ years so other people can see that it is an awesome place to work.

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the comment -- We'll look at ways to spotlight our 10+ year employees (there are quite a few!) and appreciate your help getting the word out about what Copart has to offer. Rory Seidens ... More

10. Managers were very unprofessional!

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Hueytown, AL
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Hueytown, AL

I worked at Copart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the overall job itself.

Cons

The managers were very unprofessional. Training on their systems was the worst training experience for me. They didn't want to train you... Their idea of training was handing you earphones to listen to instructions on the computer. No physical training just videos that had nothing to do with the systems you would be using!

Advice to Management

The new managers that are there are probably great managers. The managers that were there have been since fired and escorted off the property for theft and money embezzling,stealing parts and cars for more money in their pockets.

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President Human Resources

I'm very sorry to learn that you felt your training was not sufficient and that the treatment you received did not live up to the expectations we set for you when you joined. We invest in training ... More

IT Deptartment

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, some really good actions taken by the new leadership, CEO , CTO both taking active part and leading from the front, new initiatives, higher mgmt taking interest and realizing that IT is the main medium for auction service delivery.

Cons

compared to others lower employee benefits

Advice to Management

gems are always expensive

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for the post! I was particularly interested in your comment about our benefits program being lower than others--we regularly benchmark our plans against other employers and find that we offer ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed