Copart Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.9

Jay Adair

Pros
  • It's your average 8-5 job but yeah you do overtime during the busy season just like any employee would (in 7 reviews)

• Copart is virtually a recession proof job, as long as people drive cars (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is absolutely clueless about how to successfully run a used car purchasing program (in 9 reviews)

• Sometimes there are long hours, but that's to be expected in just about any job (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company to work for!!

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Senior level management is very approachable and encourages ideas from all departments.

Cons

Heath care benefits kinda pricy.

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Bridgeton, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bridgeton, MO

I worked at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and diverse working conditions, and job security.

Cons

The needs to be a time period of training and not learn as you go. The amount of information needed is staggering and few seem to know the majority of their job details.

Implement a solid training period.

Sep 9, 2014Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your input--I would be interested in learning more about what areas of training you feel were overlooked in order to improve our processes--please drop me a note at ... More

ERP implementation timeline unrealistic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart for more than a year

Pros

Solid IT work group. Good business model.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of ERP conversion. Layoff of the wrong people at the wrong time.
    Disappointing benefits.

Listen to the people who are/will be doing the actually work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dont get your hopes up!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros. theres overtime....when they feel the need to use you...decent benifit package

Cons

upper managment (RGM and above) has no clue..they are out of touch with the staff....making a complaint about harrassment, safety issues, unfair practices are a JOKE..HR is not at the yards giving GMs all the power if their RGMs back them....every six months its firing season...TRAINING OF ANY POSITION IS NON EXISTENT...learn as you go if you dont pick it up....YOUR FIRED...poor performance...its at will employment!

Place a HR supervisor at every yard to deal with complaints...impliment and follow training procedures...GMs should be graded by staff anonymously to see if they are approachable with a open door policy, if there training methods are working to get the most out of each employee, is the GM fair and unbiased not showing favortism...etc;

Deceptive Business Practices Growing Pains

I have been working at Copart as an intern for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for part time work but dont plan on a future here

Cons

Not very good at handling customer issues.

Management lacks the skills and the leader to deal with their client base. Open to the public and a lot of unsophisticated buyers who are regularly taken advantage of.

A billion dollar company struggling to operate like a billion dollar company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging work environment at the Yards and at Corporate office. Hard working respectful environment. Executive leadership has risen through the ranks and has a clear understanding of the business. Unique business model. Copart is poised for US and international growth and is financially solid.

Cons

Corporate office personnel are very scared after a series of layoffs scaling back certain business areas. Credible Fear of more reductions in force is now sickening the corporate office work productivity and the physical health of some employees. Some leadership seem to be embracing a "when they're down kick 'em harder" mentality to do more work with less personnel.

Corporate has reached a tipping point after the last series of layoffs. Some understandable. But, in 10 years I've never seen it so bad. Personnel, new and old, are so scared of future layoffs that industry leading professionals who love Copart are close to leaving. If you plan to keep people or lay people off please communicate these expectations honestly and early. People feel like they're not valued. Our word is our bond. It is much better to lay out clear expectations than leaving your employees in fear and affecting productivity and your bottom line.

Aug 4, 2014Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your post. I'd like to take a moment to address the concerns you noted in your "cons" section as there has been a great deal of change in the Corporate office over the past year or so ... More

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Communications  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Communications in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company, good company culture (in theory if not practice), constant striving to make technology and market placement better, which leads to enthusiasm from portion of workforce that wants to be with growing company.

Cons

Management always takes care of management first, with little regard to affect on labor -- including big company move from Texas to California.

Really believe what you say you believe. It's obvious that key company values are all secondary to profit.

Aug 6, 2014Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for being willing to recommend us to a friend!

Don't relocate

I worked at Copart full-time

Pros

Excellent training at corporate.

Worked with quality managers until they were terminated.

Cons

High management turn over rate. Business is driven by insurance companies. Insurance companies manipulate Copart.
    The true side of insurance companies comes out. They expect service beyond their SLAs and contracts. Insurance companies behave like jealous children with unrealistic demands. Every insurance company is jealous of the other. You see why rates are so high.

Need turn around leadership.

Copart, a Java centric shop needs to shed it's lackluster big dopey company image.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good support from co-workers. Pays on time. Engineering management has there act somewhat together.

Cons

Commute not the best. Java centric shop so if you develop with something else you are on your own. Unrealistic project dates etc. Not invented here syndrome...

Copart needs to shed it's lackluster big dopey company image. Engineering needs to be modernized by using Agile methodolgies etc.

Jul 23, 2014Vice President Human Resources

As you probably have seen, we're taking steps to make sure employees DO get more engaged and that their ideas for improving our company are heard. If you haven't had a chance to attend any of our ... More

Love it

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay, the hours, work life

Cons

personal growth, time off policies

work-life balance, personal growth

Jul 23, 2014Vice President Human Resources

THANKS!

Worked for Copart? Contribute to the Community!