Copart

Updated March 2, 2015
Updated March 2, 2015
2.7

Jay Adair

Pros
  • It's your average 8-5 job but yeah you do overtime during the busy season just like any employee would (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits and diverse working conditions, and job security (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is absolutely clueless about how to successfully run a used car purchasing program (in 9 reviews)

• Sometimes there are long hours, but that's to be expected in just about any job (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Copart is a great place to work;

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Copart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the office culture and workload. I got along well with my co-workers and managers. The people here were knowledgeable about their job. I work in software development and the workload is neither too light nor too heavy.

Cons

My pay is not that high for a software engineer. Software engineers at other companies make much more than me.

Nice company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Martinez, CA

I worked at Copart

Pros

Busy work, Answering In bound and making outbound calls. General Office

Cons

No growth opportunity. Management seems to not have enough to do, while the employees bust their hump.

Work harder to show approval of employee success and advancement. Better Pay and raises!

Great Company - Takes care of employees and provides unparalleled service to our customers

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great team feeling across the company, people are extremely hard working, yards are amazing and culture is fun and positive.

Cons

Need to upgrade technology for the employees in the field in a few areas to allow the proper tools to complete the task's at the highest level.

Need to keep eyes open that to much change is happening, whether its technology changes, policies or structure, it can get overwhelming to our teams.

Your job is what you make of it

Former Employee - Operations Development Manager in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Development Manager in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great opportunity for growth. Great co-workers. Executive management is very approachable. Training is provided and growth is encouraged. You get what you give to a company. If you show the desire to learn and grow this company encourages that. I worked for this company for 17 years and loved every bit of it. Even the bad. If you have a positive attitude great things happen.

Cons

Sometimes micro managed. No cons really. I experienced the natural growing pains with a company that is growing very fast.

Copart Response

Great company with oppportunity

Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart

Pros

Unknown company in an unknown industry, which has proven itself to be incredibly valuable to its customers, employees and shareholders. In simplest terms, this company helps insurance companies sell cars that have been involved in a total loss. These cars are sold through an auction process to the highest bidder. The buyers are people who fix up the cars and drive them or sell them to another buyer, or small companies that dismantle the car for the parts that still have value. It's a really interesting concept and one that works no matter where you are in the world.

Cons

Operates like a small company with a very fast pace with many opportunities to grow into new lines of business both here in the U.S. and in international locations. This type of situation requires careful planning and prioritization so that the employees can focus their efforts on the highest-value projects/tasks/items.

Allocate a little more time to the prioritization effort and incorporate in that exercise a thoughtful process on the resources required to address the priorities and ensure there are no conflicts. Then spend the time to communicate the priorities to the team. From all that I've seen the team is fully engaged and is charging ahead in the direction they understand to be the company's priorities. Let's make sure those are fully in sync!

Great Profitable and stable company

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Copart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, profit sharing and growth potential

Cons

Moreover there can be a significant lack of communication making the goal line blurry and seemingly like the goal posts are always changing or moving.

Employee input

I'd look elsewhere

I have been working at Copart full-time (more than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week.
    Good pay.
    Opportunities to move up.

Cons

Management is terrible. No one ever has a clue as to what is going on.
    They are refusing to pay overtime. Any OT you get, you have to leave early so you ate at an even 40.
    Not enough staff. You work like a dog. It's like a sweat shop. And after you work so hard, you get zero recognition.
    There's a new program meant to improve employee moral company wide, it's terrible. You have homework...yes i said homework. I'm not in school anymore, i just want to come to work, do my job, and go home.
    The technology here is so old and outdated. The main system is constantly crashing.
    Normal employees don't get real computers. You can only run one window of Internet before the whole thing crashes.

Tell and show your employees that you appreciate them.

CONGRATULATIONS COPART ON BEING NAMED #1 ON DELOITTE'S "EXCEPTIONAL 100" LIST!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart

Pros

Really proud to be working for Copart --Deloitte has recognized what Copart's employees have known for some time now--that Copart is exceptional and a solid place to work and do business. If you are looking for a financially sound, fast-paced place to work and be recognized for your contributions to the company's success, you should check out Copart.

Cons

Expectations are high and this is not a place to kick back and relax.

Workloads are extremely high

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Copart

Pros

I like my work due to my coworkers. There is a team atmosphere and the pay is good. Also like the location.

Cons

They would rather over work their current staff than hire in additional employees. Time off is difficult due to staffing and one person out creates a lot more work for the coworkers. Management doesn't really care and prefers quantity over quality.

Managers are unprofessional and do not have any training in regards to dealing with employees.

Copart Response

Jan 14, 2015Vice President Human Resources

Upon reading your feedback I have asked our Regional HR Manager in your area to look into your concerns.

While there are times in our business where employees may be asked to work extended hours
    ... More

Good Old Boy Network Prevails

Former Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Copart

Pros

Rewards for the 10 at the top

Cons

Hard work for below average pay for the rest

Join the 21st Centuy