Copart Reviews

170 reviews filtered by

Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Copart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None, The only thing that I liked were the hours

Cons

Not friendly or caring towards associates. Managers are rude and disrespectful don't care about their associates as people.

Great Company - Takes care of employees and provides unparalleled service to our customers

Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team feeling across the company, people are extremely hard working, yards are amazing and culture is fun and positive.

Cons

Need to upgrade technology for the employees in the field in a few areas to allow the proper tools to complete the task's at the highest level.

Advice to Management

Need to keep eyes open that to much change is happening, whether its technology changes, policies or structure, it can get overwhelming to our teams.

Your job is what you make of it

Former Employee - Operations Development Manager in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Development Manager in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great opportunity for growth. Great co-workers. Executive management is very approachable. Training is provided and growth is encouraged. You get what you give to a company. If you show the desire to learn and grow this company encourages that. I worked for this company for 17 years and loved every bit of it. Even the bad. If you have a positive attitude great things happen.

Cons

Sometimes micro managed. No cons really. I experienced the natural growing pains with a company that is growing very fast.

Copart Response

Feb 24, 2015Vice President Human Resources

Thank You!

Rory Seidens
    Vice President, Human Resources

Copart, destroying lives and families since 1982.

I worked at Copart (More than a year)

Pros

-The front line staff are good people. They are what made working for Copart barable.
    -Okay Pay
    -ESPP

Cons

-Current employees in constant fear of losing jobs.
    -You will be expected to work many, many hours. You will also have to drop any prior commitments at the drop of a hat in order to satisfy managers. Your sick child will just have to tough it out.
    -Would rather over work/ underpay employees rather than hire additional employees.
    -Cut throat management and executives. They try very, very hard to pretend that they are normal, down to earth people just like the rest of us. Do not be fooled, management and execs will get you out of there faster than you can blink, and will literally lie to do so. Absent for your childs surgery? Sorry, fired. Absent due to pregnancy dificulties? Sorry, fired. 0 previous warnings or write ups? Yeah, you're fired. Family member dying int he hospital? Nope, too much work to do sorry. Manager just doesn't like you in general? Don't worry, they can just make up a few lies to get you fired. I saw all of these instances happen in front of me while I was there. I promise, no matter how much they pretend, they absolutely, do. not. care. about. you.
    -Quick to pile on additional work responsibilities (due to firing others), but not give any compensation for it. THEN once they see you can get that persons work done too, why would they hire another employee? You got it.
    -WIll hire 50 employees at a time, realize the project is not proceeding at planned, then get rid of them all. It's souless and wrong. There are many more examples, but these are just some of the golden ones.
    -As mentioned above, there are not enough employees, which leads to, during the absense of one, it being a mad house to try and get all of the work done.
    -They will promise you that there is SO much advancement oppurtunity. Which is a lie, they also don't tell you that you better know the right people in order to see any sort of advancement, otherwise, just shut up and do your job.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves
    Hire new management
    Hire more employees
    Pay them more (happier employees means more productive employees)
    Find your souls

6. Great company with oppportunity

Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart

Pros

Unknown company in an unknown industry, which has proven itself to be incredibly valuable to its customers, employees and shareholders. In simplest terms, this company helps insurance companies sell cars that have been involved in a total loss. These cars are sold through an auction process to the highest bidder. The buyers are people who fix up the cars and drive them or sell them to another buyer, or small companies that dismantle the car for the parts that still have value. It's a really interesting concept and one that works no matter where you are in the world.

Cons

Operates like a small company with a very fast pace with many opportunities to grow into new lines of business both here in the U.S. and in international locations. This type of situation requires careful planning and prioritization so that the employees can focus their efforts on the highest-value projects/tasks/items.

Advice to Management

Allocate a little more time to the prioritization effort and incorporate in that exercise a thoughtful process on the resources required to address the priorities and ensure there are no conflicts. Then spend the time to communicate the priorities to the team. From all that I've seen the team is fully engaged and is charging ahead in the direction they understand to be the company's priorities. Let's make sure those are fully in sync!

7. Great Profitable and stable company

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, profit sharing and growth potential

Cons

Moreover there can be a significant lack of communication making the goal line blurry and seemingly like the goal posts are always changing or moving.

Advice to Management

Employee input

CONGRATULATIONS COPART ON BEING NAMED #1 ON DELOITTE'S "EXCEPTIONAL 100" LIST!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Copart

Pros

Really proud to be working for Copart --Deloitte has recognized what Copart's employees have known for some time now--that Copart is exceptional and a solid place to work and do business. If you are looking for a financially sound, fast-paced place to work and be recognized for your contributions to the company's success, you should check out Copart.

Cons

Expectations are high and this is not a place to kick back and relax.

DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Copart

Pros

Business model is a money machine. They print money. So much they waste it

Cons

Low pay. Seven paid holidays. No leadership. Everybody is so new, nobody knows how things work. Basically a bunch of people running around with no direction. Technology is from the 1980's. Management is from the 19th century.

Advice to Management

Say something other than "We're the greatest." Nobody believes that crap.

Good Old Boy Network Prevails

Former Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Copart

Pros

Rewards for the 10 at the top

Cons

Hard work for below average pay for the rest

Advice to Management

Join the 21st Centuy

I'd look elsewhere

I have been working at Copart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week.
    Good pay.
    Opportunities to move up.

Cons

Management is terrible. No one ever has a clue as to what is going on.
    They are refusing to pay overtime. Any OT you get, you have to leave early so you ate at an even 40.
    Not enough staff. You work like a dog. It's like a sweat shop. And after you work so hard, you get zero recognition.
    There's a new program meant to improve employee moral company wide, it's terrible. You have homework...yes i said homework. I'm not in school anymore, i just want to come to work, do my job, and go home.
    The technology here is so old and outdated. The main system is constantly crashing.
    Normal employees don't get real computers. You can only run one window of Internet before the whole thing crashes.

Advice to Management

Tell and show your employees that you appreciate them.