Copart Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.9

Jay Adair

Pros
  • It's your average 8-5 job but yeah you do overtime during the busy season just like any employee would (in 7 reviews)

• Copart is virtually a recession proof job, as long as people drive cars (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is absolutely clueless about how to successfully run a used car purchasing program (in 9 reviews)

• Sometimes there are long hours, but that's to be expected in just about any job (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Opportunity, If You Appreciate It

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture of change and growth will either make you a strong and determined leader, or burnt out; the choice is yours.

Associate involvement is huge.

You can make a difference, just look up the stories of the founders and executives.

Cons

HR is inept.

It is what you make it, so if you are lazy, bitter, or negative; you will fail.

Continue to work hard on what you do. Thank you for the opportunity.

Copart doesn't sugar coat

Current Employee - Operations Manager Trainee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Manager Trainee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Copart full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really like working for Copart. I have been here for almost a year now and nothing has been a surprise to me. From the first conversation I had with a Copart recruit, they were very honest about the job. It's your average 8-5 job but yeah you do overtime during the busy season just like any employee would. The people I work with daily are good people they work hard. Employees get stressed and sometimes frustrated but that's any job and especially when a company such as us is growing.

This job is a job you want when you want hard working employees, when you want a challenge, and when you want to embrace change.

Cons

Copart can be challenging because you have to be capable of wearing more than one hat. You don't just have one basic client/ customer. At Copart you have to please your sellers and your buyers. It can be stressful if you let it be. You have to enjoy what your doing because it will show through the quality of work your doing.

Continue to listen to the employees.

A Great Place to Grow

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good basic business training - I was brought in as a management trainee and given an opportunity to learn about every aspect of business in my training.

Great growth opportunities - The company has and continues to grow; and Copart management have shown a commitment to promote deserving candidates from within.

An empowered sense of ownership - One of the greatest things about being a manager at Copart is the sense of ownership in running my own facility. If you like to tackle new challenges daily, then this is a good place to be.

The company is financially sound and continues to grow, so I would say there are very few places to pursue a career at this point.

Cons

The job can be challenging and is not definitely not for the timid.

There could be improved communication and interaction between Corporate and the field to give employees a greater sense of belonging.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Whirlwind

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. However the department I was in, was a new venture for Copart. This company holds auctions all over the world for vehicles. They are best known for insurance salvage vehicles. They also get clear title vehicles and even some clean classic cars.You must be a licensed dealer or get one to broker the deal for you. They charge a $25 one time membership fee and require a deposit to bid.

Cons

They dipped into trying to acquire salvage cars from Hurricane Katrina. They had a call center built to bring in more business for COPART. This department was very unorganized and expectations was unrealistic. Management was more concerned with numbers.

Sad to say due to the lack of proper training and concern. The entire department were laid off. Only two employees who came in from another department, were offered a transferred to a sister company out of state.

Copart Response

Apr 10, 2014Vice President Human Resources

In mid-2013 the Company did acquire a business which included a call center and relocated call center services to the new facility resulting in the consolidation of a number of small, satellite call ... More

Challenging

Current Employee - Yard Supervisor  in  Hurricane, WV
    Current Employee - Yard Supervisor in Hurricane, WV

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What i like working at Copart is that its fast paced, not much down time ever, The salary pays more than most business' do. Its and 8-5. M-F, weekends off

Cons

Turn over can be high when GM's change, Not always appreciated for what you do.

Management needs to show more appreciation for its lower staff.

Your future is in your hands.

Current Employee - Management  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

ESOP, 401K, Good benefits, very stable company, great people, one big family

Cons

There is nothing at this time.

Keep doing what we're doing.

I worked in the Human Resources department in the Fairfield, CA Headquarters. I had a very positive experience.

Former Employee - Human Resources  in  Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Copart has an amazing work environment, very nice, team oriented people. They are great at emphasizing life work balance.

Cons

WHile it's overall a great environment, it is a bit of a boys club. Also, they are no longer located in Fairfield, California. They have relocated their headquarters to Texas.

Upper management needs to get out of the old school, boys club mentality.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

ESOP, 401K, Medical, good pay.

Cons

Communication needs improvement. IT department is very weak.

Correct communictaion

Change Centric With No Change Management Leadership

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - General Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Copart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good solid company and growth. It used to be a lot better place to work. Stability and career growth.

Cons

The Company changes goals in the middle of a review period and hold you accountable for the change mid-year. Goals are unrealistic. Staffing model is too low for the expectations of a facility. They reduce staffing with the same amount of workload, with no technology changes to fill the gaps. Managers are expected to work over 60 hours a week to fill the staffing gaps to reach company goals. No work/life balance if you want to be successful at Copart.

Focus on Change Management. Don't forget that Customer Service is internal as well. The answer can not allow be work harder. The company is not fun any more.

Hard dirty outside work cleaning cars

Former Employee - Yard Agent  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Yard Agent in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at Copart full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, it a dead end job

Cons

management hard to work with

Worked for Copart? Contribute to the Community!