Copper Beech Townhomes

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dr. Jack McWhirte

Great Start

Doesn't Matter (Former Employee)
State College, PA

I worked at Copper Beech Townhomes full-time for more than a year

Pros- Upper management office is nice
- Friendly coworkers
- Acceptable pay
- Good benefits

Cons- Management not willing to explore new ideas
- Company not as focused on key employee happiness
- Small teams for large departments creates over worked and stressed employees
- Management seems to rely too much on intimidating or scaring lower tier employees into getting work done

Advice to Senior Management- Focus on employees! Employee happiness is the backbone to a good company
- Bring new ideas to the table without dismissing immediately
- Don't make fun of your employees at all. This happens a lot here

Nice but unorganized.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
Indiana, PA

I have been working at Copper Beech Townhomes part-time for less than a year

ProsYou get a discount off of rent if you live there. It's usually students that live there from the local university.

ConsVery unorganized. Could have just been my office but they lost stuff everyday. I felt like I couldn't learn everything becasue there was an issue everyday that required everyone's attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on them to be more organized.

Great place to work if you are a college student. Not much room for advancement though

Leasing Agent (Current Employee)
Greenville, NC

ProsWork around school schedule
Ok pay
Fun co workers
Cool management
Get to meet so many different people
Have fun on the job

ConsNot much room for advancement
Had to dress up for work
Saturday had 8 hour shifts
Sunday had 6 hour shifts
Hard to find someone to cover your shift

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being cool and fun

A great place to work. Help us to enjoy coming to work.

Property Manager (Current Employee)
Columbia, MO

I have been working at Copper Beech Townhomes

ProsI like to work for Copper Beech because of the actual role as a property manager. It's nice to know that, when you drive to work and you see your complex, you are running it and what you do at your level shows how well the property is doing.

ConsUnsatisfactory salary for good work. I feel they don't provide adequate compensation for employees that are hard workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe way the business is being ran is beyond excellent! I think that the owners take a great responsibility in all of the company's issues. I would say keep up the great work in that aspect. My only downside is that they need to give employees what they deserve. If you have an employee that is doing a great job, pay them accordingly. Don't low ball them because you'll end up losing a great employee because they will be unsatisfied with their pay.

Great job for full-time students

I have been working at Copper Beech Townhomes part-time

Pros-Able to do homework during downtime
-Gain selling and leadership experience
-Enhances communication skills
-Increases knowledge of the inner workings of real estate

Cons-Sometimes atmosphere is too relaxed

The only reason I enjoyed going to work is because I enjoyed the people I worked with (that does NOT include management)

Leasing Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Copper Beech Townhomes

ProsYou meet great people while working at Copper Beech. Copper Beech is very good at scheduling you around your personal life. When people move out, sometimes they leave furniture and other items in the apartment. If you find something you like, you can keep it. The pool parties are awesome.

ConsIf you decide to live there, you don't get much of a discount off of your rent. You don't get commission for the leases that you sign. They are very stingy with raises. Management is not open to other ideas/opinions. Copper Beech tows vehicles at night and if you are the employee who has been assigned the "Tow Phone" you have to answer that phone DAY, NIGHT, EARLY MORNING, ETC. You also have to go out to where the vehicle that has been called in is located and wait for the towing company to come, and sometimes it ends in altercations with the driver of the car that's being towed, which is very scary if you are a female and you get a call at 3am.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more open to new ideas and ways to market the apartments to the nearby college students. Copper Beech won't always end up 100% full due to the fact that the management is not open to trying to new things. Also, I received a lot of feedback about management at Copper Beech and most people said the person they spoke with was very rude and not at all helpful.

if you like getting yelled at by everyone this is a good job for you

Leasing Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Copper Beech Townhomes

Prosreally did nothing all day until some one would come in. gave me time to work on my homework

Consmanagers never want to answer phone calls if customers are angry or have a problem.

Advice to Senior Managementdo your own work

Good hours, no respect

I have been working at Copper Beech Townhomes

ProsDecent hours, holidays off, easy work

ConsManagement is not easily accessible, do not care about employees. No chance of advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees...

If you have values and morals do not work here!

Property Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Copper Beech Townhomes

ProsYou get to take college kids parents money for apartments that were built so fast they barely stand up and nothing works

ConsThey encourage you to screw over the tenants at any and all cost. We would go around every morning and evening and look for fines we could hand out to tenants. Then we would fine them for not paying fines and tell them we gave them notice when we really didnt.

At turnover time we were told to be sure to give as little deposit money back as possible. We were bonused around this time also. They wouldnt tell us that this bonus was dependant on how much deposit money we swindled but it was kind of a unwritten rule that the more bogus charges you hand out the more your bonus would be.

I just couldnt do it anymore. I had trouble seeing my tenants knowing I was taking money from them for no cause at all. I have since moved on

Advice to Senior ManagementStudy business ethics

Worked for Copper Beech Townhomes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Copper Beech Townhomes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Copper Beech Townhomes CEO Dr. Jack McWhirte. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Copper Beech Townhomes employees.