Copper Cellar Restaurants

Updated July 11, 2014
Updated July 11, 2014
3.6

Michael D. Chase

Great place to work with a fun fast paced environment

Current Employee - Server  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Copper Cellar Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for copper cellar for 4 years and I have enjoyed every one of them. I started working for them while going to school. They have always been great about working with my school schedule, intern schedule, and request days off. I was consistently able to make money while meeting new and interesting people. The cellar has a great reputation in the community with opportunities to be promoted with in. I loved working with the staff and the management who wants to develop your skills in food service wine presentation and customer service.
    I also enjoyed the fun fast paced environment of working on a college campus. Game days are crazy busy with hundreds of people flocking in all in orange ready to have a good time.

Cons

High management turn over. Consistently changing rules.

I have always loved my management staff who consistently treats heir employees with respect and consideration. If I had any advice it would to be to improve training methods. Actually have an orientation week and maybe bring out side consultants or managers from other stores to share their knowledge.

It is never the same experience every day.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Copper Cellar Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

The great food and the people make it a great place to work. I love not working for a large chain restaurant.

Cons

Too many chiefs with there own ideas on the way things should be. No real sense of structure and vision for the future.

More structure and planing. Always be working on 6 months from now not next week. Next week should have already been taken care off six months ago.

Waitress

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Waitress in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Copper Cellar Restaurants part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meet lots of new people
    Good Tips

Cons

Bad Management
    Needs to Update

Communicate

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor management decisions lead to poor moral

Former Employee - Cook  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Cook in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Copper Cellar Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the people I worked with and enjoyed the fact that more food was prepared in house than came prepackaged.

Cons

Poor allotment of resources, unreliable with their promises, and upper management makes poor decisions that will at times place them at odds with employee ethics and occasionally federal labor laws.

If you want your company to thrive, you need to take care of your people and break the sweatshop mentality.

Great place to work if you want to be treated like an expendable pawn

Former Employee - Server  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Copper Cellar Restaurants part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money can be decent. Most of the employees are young, fun people.

Cons

99% of the time, management is awful. Corporate executives care nothing about their employees, just their numbers. In-store management will exploit all workers and hours just to make their monthly numbers look good. The 1% of management that is actually approachable and human becomes a doormat for the rest of the company and never gets to advance to a position that they deserve. Good luck ever trying to get in contact with corporate, they just field complaints to HR, which doesn't respond or look into any issues. Expect to work ALL holidays.. except the Super Bowl, which is the ONLY day of the year that they close early.

Advice is useless because they wouldn't listen anyway

Don't care about their employees

Current Employee - Banquets & Catering  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Banquets & Catering in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Copper Cellar Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The food is great and they work around my schedule. If I want to go out of town on a whim, I'm able to by either putting a request in two weeks prior or getting my shift covered.

Cons

No incentives. If you're a hard worker, and you consistently do a good job, there aren't any rewards (I work for banquets and catering). No Christmas bonus or gift that shows appreciation-- not even a company party. Rarely hear "Thanks for your hard work." Only hear about what you messed up or what you didn't do. Total lack of communication between managers and it trickles down.

Message to corporate: Banquets and catering IS NOT a restaurant; therefore, it should not be treated as one. Things are done differently; accept it and leave us alone! And to the banquet/catering managers: Please be consistent and communicate with one another.

Job isn't too bad.

Current Employee - Banquet Server  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Copper Cellar Restaurants

Pros

Money is great. They are good with working with your school schedule

Cons

Hours are not fairly giving. Some server would get 5+ shifts a week, when other are lucky to get 1 shift. When the season is slow, better have another job. No benefits.

Be fair with scheduling hours to workers. It's not fair that some servers get several shifts a week and others can't get any.

Decent money

Former Employee - Server  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Copper Cellar Restaurants

Pros

*Gets a decent amount of business when events are in town.
    *Can usually make own schedule.
    *Interesting people to work with.

Cons

*Open on Christmas.
    *Constant shuffle of rules and regulations.
    *Treated as children by little amount of freedom given to many employees.

I've worked in various restaurants for 7 years, and this has hands down been my all time favorite one to work for.

Current Employee - Server  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Copper Cellar Restaurants

Pros

Management is incredibly relate-able and understanding - they really care about you as an individual and how they can help you and accommodate you, especially the college students who are trying to balance school and work. 40% discount on some of the areas best food - for a poor college student, you can't beat that benefit.

Cons

I've never really had any problems working here. There have been the occasional slow shifts where the managers could have done a better job of scheduling less employees per shift, but over the years I've been there they have vastly improved in that area.

To all the managers at the Copper Cellar, I think you all have made a wonderful impression on the employees. Ive been incredibly happy and proud to work for you.

Waiting tables

Former Employee - Server  in  Pigeon Forge, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Pigeon Forge, TN

I worked at Copper Cellar Restaurants

Pros

Very Flexible with time off
    When the restaurant is busy it is easy to make money
    The manager's are very smart and friendy
    The staff is great

Cons

You have to work nights
    Usually day shift is very slow (Except during football season)
    There are no busboys, so you have to clean your own tables

Make the wheat beer year round

Worked for Copper Cellar Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!