Copper Mountain

Add Photos

John Cumming

Why Copper Rocks More Than The Rocky Mountains

Lead Lift Operator (Former Employee) Copper Mountain, CO

ProsGreat snow, awesome trails with a variety of difficulty (easy green to double black diamonds), fantastic lift operators, amazing food, glorious hotels to stay in. THIS IS THE EPITOME OF AWESOMENESS! Greatness was instilled in me by working for this company before heading off to college. The company throws employee parties, and are sponsered by Coors and Pizza Hut; lots of beer, lots of pizza! This company is who I emulate in my company, by which I mean this company taught me a very important lesson...happy employees produce better and result in higher quality results.

ConsTraveling to work; the freemont pass, and the highway from frisco/ dillion area to Copper can be a terror to drive during the winter, especially during white-out blizzards. Tourists are friggin idiots, and will do stupid things like walking across a ''Frozen" creek in the midst of spring and wonder why they fell through the ice and literally told me that they were going to sue Copper for that happening, and I responded with "Wait...you are suing a company because you are too stupid to realize that ice melts in spring and its never good to go walking across frozen bodies of water, even in the height of coldness of February.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on Keepin On; Just remember, lifes a garden...dig it!

Enjoyed it for one season at the end of college

Lift Tickets/West Village Gear Check (Former Employee) Copper Mountain, CO

ProsFree pass, decent employee accommodations, fun place to work, management is very competent, everyone is nice and easy to work with. I spent my last term of college writing a thesis and working on the mountain and I had a wonderful time. I was not able to return for more seasons, but it was a fun gig for an in-between-school-and-real-life working vacation. My supervisor was incredible - one of the best I've had. Very supportive and knowledgeable,

ConsVery little pay, not much incentive to return. Great place to work if money isn't a huge issue for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe put more emphasis on creating career positions for talented individuals who are not working the main customer service desks.

Great work place!

Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) Copper Mountain, CO

ProsHappy co-workers and helpful managers.

ConsRooming options are slim and expensive. Better living options would be great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great way to snowboard for a living

Lift Operator (Former Employee)

Pros-amazing views while at the office. Not many jobs allow you to work outside and on top of a mountain.
    -everyone is in the same mindset to ski/snowboard as much as possible

Cons-Making $10 gets old after a while but you're not choosing this job for the salary. The work/life balance makes up for it. Free ski pass is pretty great as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more internal development of lower level employees such as lift operators or kitchen staff that want to stay at copper but develop their careers.

UI loved It!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI skied everyday. and made some of the best friends ever.

ConsIt is hard to live in the area on what they pay.

Good one season experience, Copper needs to step up to get returners though.

ProsManagers are good at what they do. The effort is there to build a strong sense of employee community/ team effort. Really great areas to teach on.

ConsCompensation is just not up to par with the surrounding resorts for how anal management is when it comes to getting the customer experience down. There really is not the same expectation to tip for what customers are getting compared to comparable resorts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase pay is fine but you really need to throw some bonuses in or metrics to stack instructors up against each other.

Fun place to work and enjoy the mountain lifestyle.

Reservations Supervisor (Current Employee) Copper Mountain, CO

ProsFree season pass. A lot of flexibility with your schedule.

ConsFelt like babysitting. This isn't something you can do long term. Too much disconnect between different departments so guests often get conflicting info.

Good culture, fun people, but salaries leave something to be desired.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Copper Mountain, CO

ProsYou get to ski free at 17 mountains! Denver is only 1 hour and 30 minutes away but you live in the wild outdoors. The summers are amazing.

ConsPay is low though it is current with industry standards. Cost of living is high in the area. Winters do not end until the end of May.

Lift Operator for one winter

Lift Operator (Former Employee) Copper Mountain, CO

ProsSki free at all non vail resorts in colorado, cheap housing, free meals. Best management I have ever worked for. Co Workers were awesome everyone gets along great during work and everyone parties togethers after.

ConsFew opportunities for job advancement due to low turnover rate among supervisors and management.

Not Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou are on a Mountain and get to Ski/Snowbaord.

ConsToo Strict... The place is too corporate. You are held to a very high standard for seasonal employment. It seems they do not value their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to your roots.

Worked for Copper Mountain? Contribute to the Community!