Copper River IT Reviews

1 Rating

1. Great company to work for in my opinion

Current Employee - Computer Analyst
    Current Employee - Computer Analyst

I have been working at Copper River IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is supportive, friendly, responsive, and quick to help. Human resources is very quick as well to answer questions and resolve any issues. I can honestly say in the 8 years I've worked in this area (through various contracts); this is by far the best company I've worked for. They are very good to their people, and in my experience always putting their employees first. It really does make for a great work environment. I can't speak for everyone in this company, but my coworkers are intelligent, well versed in their duties, and are professional in their work ethics. Some are well rounded while others have some specialties that bring a vast knowledge to the team. My managers are not only managers but also experienced analysts themselves, which makes for a much better setup than having managers that only know how to manage people. I should mention, I had looked at a different job someone recommended to me, and found that Copper River treated me better in my time with them and leaving than I was treated by the company that was trying to hire me.... In regards to what the previous review mentioned on benefits, I've found the opposite to be true. My insurance is dramatically cheaper than my previous jobs, and way cheaper than the other job I had been looking at with a much larger company. I have no complaints about any of the benefits Copper River offers. I'm very happy to be an Orca!

Cons

Don't want to leave this blank, so here's the best I can come up with for cons: Job security if on a government contract, though this isn't specific to Copper River. There is always the chance they may lose the contract, but most of the time whoever wins the contract will pick up the existing staff anyway. This is the case no matter what government contractor you may be employed by. It’s easier to keep who is in place than rehire. I had 1 position that I was employed by 3 companies in. This is just my opinion, but I have no doubts that if you work for them, prove your worth, and make a good example, that they will do their best to find you another position with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

2. Copper River IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Copper River IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people that make you feel as part of the family. The group are starting to use processes in a more positive way to achieve success across the business functions.

Cons

There are too many executives that really don't understand the whole business. They think they do and talk a good game, but are sometimes unwilling to let their people do what they have hired them to do.

Advice to Management

Have more faith in the people you hire to do their jobs. If you allow middle management to lead they will most always surprise you with what they can do.

3. A very nice place to work

I have been working at Copper River IT full-time

Pros

I've been at Copper River for quite some time now and I find it a fully satisfying place to work. The benefits are very good, work expectations are reasonable, salaries are competitive, work/life balance is enthusiastically supported and they invest in employees’ professional development to a degree I've not seen in any other company in my 20+ years in the industry. Copper River has engineers with 2-3 years of industry experience who have received enough experience and training in that short period of time that they are pursuing (and achieving) professional and expert level certifications across multiple OEM partners. If you want to learn and grow in the industry and work on compelling and challenging projects, Copper River is the place you want to be.

Cons

Each department establishes their own operating procedures but on occasion certain departments inexplicably don't follow those procedures. It's then that workflow can get gummed up.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees, ensure adherence to procedures across all departments or rewrite those procedures if necessary, take advantage of possible new lines of business, sell the full breadth of what the company offers. If sales lag in certain areas, adjust comp plans to incent those sales.

RSS Feed </> Embed