CorSource Technology Group

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
3.4

Rich Pierce

Refreshing and Ethical Take on Technical Staffing, Business Intelligence and Client Services

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at CorSource Technology Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a company that encourages ingenuity and new ideas and really listens and let's each individual make his or her case. CorSource understands that to really be a player in the IT realm, you have to stay on the cutting edge and be able to change with the industry. Employees are encouraged to have fun and feel supported in terms of work/life balance. Career growth is encouraged and supported.

Cons

I always have recommendations but nothing that is "Con".

A company with potential but may not be fully aware of their vulnerability to stay a float.

Former Employee - Accounting in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Accounting in Portland, OR

I worked at CorSource Technology Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, open space,remodeled contempary,free soda,close to food carts,restaurants,everything - it's downtown edge of Pearl district. Trendy. Nice friendly people,not micro managed.

Cons

No parking,little training,lack of communication between management & employees,no breaks-people barely take a lunch or end up eating at their desk while continue working. Their are no processes in place. Operates like a start up company. Management is out of touch in regards to understanding what employees actually do or what it takes to do the job. If you don't have a photographic memory, & can't learn a complex detailed job in a couple of days, I wouldn't advise attempting to work there. There is turn over of long term employees. To me this raises a red flag. Environment in the office is "very quiet". You can hear a pin drop across the room.

Get in writing processes from permanent employees before they leave. Expect to give new employees a decent grace period to learn the job; (like more than a couple of days). Communicate. Include employees in meetings that are pertinent to the job & department. Get feedback from new employees and ones that are leaving. Listen.
    Cross train. Establish procedures.

Over-Promise, Under-Deliver

I have been working at CorSource Technology Group (less than an year)

Pros

Great office space downtown, flexibility to work from home, interesting clients, growing consulting team. Majority of employees are good people, smart and decent.

Cons

Management's pressure on making sales makes delivery impossible because of promises made to customers or vendors. Near-daily ethical decisions. Management is self-centered and will say whatever it takes to win over the client or recruit the emaployee, even if its not completely true. Accounting/finance and payroll seem disorganized and make frequent mistakes.

I was warned about the "transition" the company is going through, but when can we expect some consistency??

Nice people, great office in a good industry (software consulting, development and staffing.

I have been working at CorSource Technology Group part-time

Pros

Local ownership that makes the everyday work experience enjoyable. Flat management structure where new ideas are capable of being implemented quickly. Fun social events and a sense of team. Vietnamese team is awesome!

Cons

Still trying to improve their value proposition to clients in a very competitive market.

Keep up the focus on culture development and differentiation.

Working with good people for great results at CorSource

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at CorSource Technology Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

An excellent group of people to work with that are dedicated to making individual team members successful. We look to partner with the best people in the industry and provide oustanding results to our customers. This has been a great place to work over the years and has provided exceptional growth path for individuals.

Cons

Office location, too far away from everything…but moving in July.

Keep on investing in the people.

Appeared great from the outside; Sweatshop inside

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at CorSource Technology Group

Pros

Appears great from the outside
    Promise of working from home
    Claim to value the opinions of staff

Cons

People are expected to work long hours, 365 days if necessary, but for no additional pay
    They throw people into jobs until they burn out, then toss them out
    Senior management is rife with nepotism, narcissism, and leading by squeezing the life out of people
    Treat US and offshore workers equally badly; none but a chosen few are empowered
    100% money driven

Read some books about the value of happy employees and the value of human capital
    Get some training in how to lead by empowering people, rather than by control and fear

A Company that is committed to being the best and is going places

I have been working at CorSource Technology Group full-time

Pros

The reason why I love my job is because of the people and passion they have to be successful. There have been a lot of change in the past year and having been with the company for a while it is refreshing and makes me want to come to work and help us reach our goals. The new team members are great and bring a lot of energy. Our new office is in a fantastic location downtown, with a fun space, fostering collaboration and that makes working fun! Hey does your office have a relaxation room with a massage chair, with direct tv, and XM radio throughout the office? MWith all the challenges in the market place I know that we have a team the is committed to being successful and values what I have to offer to help us achieve our goals and see us continue our growth.

Cons

Work can be work and thus there are good time and challenging times.

Seemed great, then things changed.

I have been working at CorSource Technology Group

Pros

CorSource, aka: ProDX, is a privately owned company that does a lot of Government Contract work around Portland, OR. Salary is nice and some of the recruiters work well for you. HR seems to have their head together, although there are occasionally problems, as with any company.

They do occasionally take groups of employees out to eat to catch up on what's going on and the gossip within the company.

Cons

The company does not fight for you, once you've been hired - plain and simple. They just about refuse to work with current employees that wish to renegotiate contracts or rates. They'll tell you it will take months to renegotiate rates, when it can actually take days. If you have a new offer at a new company, but wish to let your current company match it - expect to be given the cold shoulder with no attempt to keep you. They are more concerned about their bottom line than anything else.

Lastly, while the company claims things are fine, the office is like a ghost town and recruiters seem to be leaving or disappearing. This may be in-tune with the fact that they are now outsourcing recruiters from another country.

Fight for us and we'll fight to stay with clients. Lack of attention, training options and the cold shoulder you give employees makes for a bad environment overall. Outsourcing states how the values and financials are going within the company.