CorVel

www.corvel.com

CorVel Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
CorVel – Rancho Cucamonga – “The new Rancho Cucamonga office”

CorVel Chairman and CEO Gordon Clemons

Gordon Clemons

Pros
  • I was given the opportunity to work from home which allowed for me to juggle my personal and work life adequately(in 4 reviews)

• Flexibility in work schedule and getting time off(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor benefits and below market pay(in 5 reviews)

• Limited to no training and terrible staff(in 3 reviews)

Good Company

Claims Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people and work atmosphere

ConsBenefits are not the best and very expensive

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider looking into other healthcare options that are more affordable and better for employees.

Good learning opportunity, some advancement possibilities

(Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe company does promote from within and changing from one team to another is possible if the option is given. My immediate manager has an excellent leadership style, promoting both personal and professional development. Our team works well together, with cross-training going on at all levels. There is a good atmosphere for inter-team cooperation. Most of the people in my office are friendly. Every day is a challenge; I am learning almost constantly.

ConsThe benefits are not consistent with other companies, especially the 401(k) and healthcare options. Quick turn-around on projects are frequently required, making the pace frenetic and somewhat stressful at times. There are multiple naming conventions across the company, making it difficult to communicate exactly what is needed or expected. Environments are always being updated and revised so it's difficult to keep accurate documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide better benefit options for your employees. Also, more team-building exercises across teams would be beneficial.

Good ol boys club + one woman

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosnot a whole lot...
    nice location?

Conslow compensation (really low)
    no room for growth
    "in group" keeps who they want in higher roles and doesn't allow growth into those roles for others
    lots of back stabbing and secrecy
    southern business mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what is best for the company, not for you and your club of friends. increase benefits and compensation and stop perpetuating a culture that is negative and unwelcoming.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of Questions, Very Few Answers

Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsHealthcare and Workers Compensation is a growing field and it was nice to be a part of it. It was actually fairly easy to communicate with people in the different CorVel offices and stay up-to-date on company news.

ConsIt was always very difficult to get definitive answers from the higher ups. We would ask, "do you want a, b or c?" They would respond, after a few days, "yes." This isn't anything unique to CorVel, but it does happen often.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Medical review

Medical Billing Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThere are absolutely no pros to working at this company.

ConsYou never know who is coming into the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your staff and be present when they are.

Enjoyed my experience

Administrative (Former Employee) Duluth, GA

ProsFrom my viewpoint, they allow you to grow and explore new positions within the company and accept sugestions on changes

ConsSometimes too much work & not enough time

Disappointing, Unqualified Management - horrible benefits, pitiful salary

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAbsolutely nothing good to say about this company

ConsUnqualified Management who behave like children, no training, poor leadership, horrific benefits, not family friendly at all, employees who do absolutely nothing get promoted - this who work and work hard get nothing

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should take a look at their satellite offices and really look at who they have in management positions - These people can and will run your company into the ground

Variety of positions, limited to no training.

Provider Relations (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsOpportunity for advancement and a wide variety of job positions are available.

ConsLimited to no training and terrible staff.

Excellent Company

Workers' Compensation Claims Analyst (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGood history, great people, good opportunities, good learning opportunities, good management

ConsFrustrating onboarding, not enough management, 'scared' of clients, limited resources for ee's, no documentation for procedures.

Provider Relations

Provider Relations (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsIt was closed to my house

ConsManagement and favoritism. I worked there for almost two years and never had a meeting with my supervisor regarding my job performance. The other employees would take longer lunches at times as they were friends with the supervisor. They were also allowed to speak Spanish which made some others uncomfortable. Complaints to the Manager went nowhere as she pitiful as a Manager. Never took the time to speak with you or acknowledge your presence. Forget about training as you shall receive none.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt does not matter as they do not listen anyway.

Worked for CorVel? Contribute to the Community!