Coram

Dan Greenleaf

Great Company

Former Employee - Human Resources  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO

Pros

Great Co workers great pay

Cons

layed off after being bought out.

More hands on. Less mico management

This was the worst position ever the training/on boarding was deplorable and did not occur until after 8 months time.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager

Pros

The work is in a clinical office setting with day hours, no weekends, no holidays unless you are on the Pharmacist on call. A great opportunity to learn specialty infusion if you get the proper training and mentoring.

Cons

The office culture is very politically uncomfortable whereby you are accepted and assisted if they like you, and if you don't fit in with the clique, you can forget it. Furthermore, the on boarding and training is poor to nonexistent. Its safe to say that you must tag along and pick up the skill set as best you can because management will tell you that Coram will not spoon feed you. This may be fair and valid however one should at least be trained and given an adequate amount of time to become proficient.

Get it together at least for the patient's sake.

The Bottom Line is the most important thing

Pros

Decent pay, OK benefits, some nice people people in the office.

Cons

The company is 100% focused on the bottom line over patient care. I work in the corporate office in Denver and witness the money hungry Senior managers/C-Suite at their finest. It was apparent that their goal is their own compensation and professional standing. I also witnessed the brown-nosing to the CVS folks as they started coming into the office, and was slightly sickened by it. I don't know what the culture is like in the branches, but if you were thinking of applying for a corporate job, I would reconsider, CVS is taking over, and you may not have a job for long.

Start trusting your employees to do their jobs, stop micro-managing, and stop putting yourselves on a pedestal for being a Director, VP, SVP, the company has 10 employees, and 8 of them are VPs or higher, you aren't that special.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good stepping stone but couldn't wait to leave

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Good stepping stone for experience

Cons

Poor pay, poor location. Management doesn't know how to manage personnel or issues or follow through with promises.

Compensate your employees better if you want to keep them, especially with absolutely no promise of promotions. If you want employees at a discount, you will end up with discount-quality performance.

What a mess!

Pros

Good learning experience.
    Decent pay. Reasonably priced insurance if it is just you needing coverage. Some nice people.

Cons

Systems are difficult and awkward, Upper management is clueless about the work. Inefficient work assignments. Direct management will listen but not act. More worried about tatoos and dress code than the work being done properly.

Be proactive instead of reactive. Give more respect to your workers who are proven workers. Before buying software, talk to the workers who will be using it.

Production Pharmacist

Former Employee - Production Pharmacist  in  Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Production Pharmacist in Miramar, FL

Pros

Good Pay and lots of hours

Cons

Feels like a factory with management breathing down your neck.

Trust your pharmacist and them more on prioritizing

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist Team Lead  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist Team Lead in Albany, NY

Pros

Everyone works together to achieve excellent patient care, it really makes you feel like you made a difference in someone's life.

Cons

Fast-paced environment can be stressful at times. Compensation for the amount of work we do I don't think is fair. Especially with how much the company supposedly profits.

I'd rather have a colonoscopy.. Please heed my advice and run

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in New York, NY

Pros

Time and a half overtime pay..
    Coworkers are great

Cons

-mandatory On call...
    -Computer system drastically needs updating... (Dos based, if provides any clues)
    -No support nor education available..
    -Managers who make decisions outside their scope or experience(s)

If you can fill in and do the job of your staff.. Good.. If you can't ... Quit

Company pays well, most of training is learning on your own.

Current Employee - CSL-NS
    Current Employee - CSL-NS

Pros

The company does really care about the people they serve and their employees.

Cons

Due to size of organization communication is key to staying in the loop.

Appreciate their involvement/attendance at all functions, including New Hire Sales Training

I have only been working here a short time, but I have had mostly positive experiences.

Pros

I think that the management at the branch level greatly affects the company culture. At branch the manager - and all the managers - are very visible. People feel comfortable talking to them. I feel there is a lot of support, not only from managers, but also from my co-workers.

Cons

Any job/company that deals with very sick people is going to be fast-paced and high stress. However, the company is going through some big changes in the next few months, which - I think - will be over-all improvements. I'm very optimistic.

I think the management - at least at my branch - are doing the best they can with what they have. Maybe in the next few months they will get more resources to work with.

Worked for Coram? Contribute to the Community!