Coram Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Dan Greenleaf

Pros
  • Nice people, do your job your way as long as you get things done (in 4 reviews)

• I think that the management at the branch level greatly affects the company culture (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management displays total disregard and disinterested in lower level employees (in 3 reviews)

• Most of the nurses they hire have no actual clinical experience (in 6 reviews)

1. Learning experience

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. You learn a lot about the infusion world with people that care a lot about their patients.

Cons

There's lack of employee appreciation. Little opportunity for over time. Production over quality at times. Lack of training for daily tasks.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to your employees.

2. Everyone thinks they are the boss.

Current Employee - Clinical Support Specialist in Colonie, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Support Specialist in Colonie, NY

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule , do not have to work weekends, rotating schedule, your own desk and work space that you don't have to share with some one else.

Cons

Everyone thinks they are the boss, not willing to help one another. You can go to your boss with an issue and they will act like they are going to take care of if but they really aren't going to.

Advice to Management

Make it clear that people should all be treated fairly and not have favorites. Workers should not feel like they are in high school again.

If you are related to Deanna the director at Coram, you are allowed to be rude to people and move up in the company.

Current Employee - Coe Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Coe Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get paid. CVS cares about your health. The pay is competitve

Cons

Watching people work so hard, only to watch the directors relative move up.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Class action lawsuit is on its way

Horrible

Former Employee - Admissions in Southport, IN
    Former Employee - Admissions in Southport, IN

I worked at Coram full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location, easy job, a lot of down time, able to make own hours as long as you work 8 hour day

Cons

No/little training, poor pay, poor management staff, little raises, redundant work, extreme lack of commutation

Advice to Management

Treat employees kinder.. Give them respect. Pay more!

6. Pros, but mostly Cons

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I receive a significant amount of time off, I believe the health benefits are better than most, and they match 401K 1:1

Cons

It appears this company's motto is "do more with less". Tasks are added, the work load increases, but the pay has not. There are very little to no opportunities to move up. Most management is clueless and not up to par in all / any departments.

Advice to Management

Complete the same training each department must - grow more knowledgeable. Have your employees backs. Take action when complaints or issues are brought to your attention, don't sit back and tell people it's their job to find a solution.

7. Collections Representative

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Machesney Park, IL
    Current Employee - Collections Representative in Machesney Park, IL

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was nice to work here when it was Coram/Apria. Good benefits, time off and ability to use flex time.

Cons

CVS buyout June 2014. Corporate culture is very rigid. No incentive to work better/harder. There is no clear, defined goals.

Advice to Management

Share the big plan and vision with employees.

Will CVS be able to turn around a floundering Infusion company

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate purchase power keeps supply readily accessible.

Cons

Too many IT platforms make operations slow and duplicates work.

Advice to Management

Make presence felt in branch by learning the operations and regional referral/consumer demands. How and why do branch employees have to resolve operational problems.

9. Beyond Dissappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

Very friendly coworkers! Lots of office potluck....

Cons

Wow, where to begin..worked there for @18months, never got a raise or a review from management. Don't get me started about vacations as getting time off is next to impossible,, only got 3 days off out of the time there. Every other request was denied for random reasons. Workload is insane!!! Don't plan on getting 15 minute breaks either. You can take them, you'll just have to stay late if you do. No management support, hear comments from managers "we are mothers, so we only remember the bad stuff you do!!" Don't think you'll have enough time to get the training you'll need either. Told I'd get @3 months, got no more than 1 month.

10. Home Ifusion RN

Former Employee - Home Infusion Nurse in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Home Infusion Nurse in Centennial, CO

I worked at Coram full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Thank Goodness I am not there any more!!! If I could rate them a Negative 10, I would!!

Cons

Nurse Manager in Centennial Office was horrible after Apria took over and forced the previous Nurse Management out with their own poorly qualified Nurses. The Branch Manager, also a Apria Nurse that forced the previous Coram Nurse Branch Manager out. Sadly Apria did not have a good reputation in Colorado (still does not) and just walked into Cora who had a good reputation and ousted their Nurses and replaced them with Apria Nurses. Not a good idea since it has now left Coram as a Company no one should work for in my opinion!!! They are the most insensitive group of Managers I have ever worked for, and if you have any form of a disability, make sure your lawyer is kept up to date with their activities with you since they DO NOT Follow any ADA Laws as they apply to an employee. Mine recommended we go after them for their many violations! Since I decided to retire, I chose not to, but should have to help anyone with disabilities in the future!!!

Advice to Management

Resign and let Coram replace you with better qualified Managers who do not show their prejudices against certain employees.

No Support - Under Paid - Over Worked.

Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist

Pros

Warm & Friendly Professional Staff. An environment where you can learn a lot in.

Cons

No Management support. No Appreciation. Over Stressed - Underpaid - Very Under Staffed.

RSS Feed </> Embed