Corbett Accel

Corbett Accel Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott D. Cotherman

When its good its good, when its...

I worked at Corbett Accel full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits, especially for long-term employees. Plenty of available PTO. Interesting training opportunities. Low cost/Free healthcare plan.

ConsCliquish employee culture. Decreasing employee benefits - tuition reimbursement went bye bye a few years ago.

Heartless

I worked at Corbett Accel

ProsThe opportunity to jump to other agencies within the Omnicom network.

ConsWork like a dog. Be as faithful as a dog, and be kicked to the curb.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture, like respect is earned, not created by parties with "light appetizers."

A company in rapid decline

Creative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corbett Accel full-time

ProsDecent work-life balance, although it has gotten worse as layoffs have forced more work on those remaining employees. Some work is quite creative by pharma standards.

There are still a few great, nice people left there... although I don't know for how long as many are looking for the exits.

ConsI have seen many agencies lose and gain business, but never seen an agency lose as much as CAHG does. The win rate is tiny, and something is definitely wrong with how clients and accounts are managed, as the creative isn't bad by pharma standards... yet all the clients keep dropping this agency, and there are not enough wins to offset the massive loss in revenue.

The result is constant layoffs, and inflated titles as a temporary fix for those employees who threaten to leave. With a diminished staff and a desperate need for more funds, the agency which a few years ago held most of the floor, has had to rent out more than half of its space to other more profitable companies. It's a clear sign of the state of this place. Instability, erosion, and low morale are the dominant characteristics here now.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe attempted remedy was the constant firing and replacement of various middle and low level employees. Obviously this hasn't worked as things just get worse and worse. Consider reforming the upper management.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Standards, Great Talent--Better Than Most Agencies

I worked at Corbett Accel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Major pharma clients
- Depth of experience in CV, Ophthamology/Eye Care, other medical categories
- High bar for creative conceptual work
- Constant improvement mentality
- Advocates for career growth from within and across disciplines
- Long, strong history

Cons- Like most businesses in this sector, client budgets have shrunk and there has been some loss of client business altogether
- Also like many businesses, senior management could be cliquish, some people seemed protected
- Digital group lacked solid leadership

Frustrating and Sad

I have been working at Corbett Accel

ProsThe pay is reasonable and most of the people are nice. The work hours are also pretty regular with only occassional late nights.

ConsThe company is losing business faster than the industry is consilidating. We realize that pharma ad spending might be down as much as 10 percent but that does not explain why CAHG business is down 50 percent. There is a nasty incompetent account leader that is going to lose us our last top-10 drug. account.

We still pitch for business that we have no chance of getting, neglecting our current clients while we do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy don't you attend some of the account status and "next steps" meetings for the accounts that are about to be lost so you can see what is really going on? We all see your name on the invite list yet you never show up.

Unbelievably hostile and incompetent management

Vice President ACD (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbett Accel

ProsThere were some good people years ago. All are now gone, but there are still some decent paying positions available to those who adapt an invisible status. As long as you work whatever hours are demanded without complaining, you may be allowed to remain in this dying organization.

ConsIncredibly poor management. They do not understand how to treat their clients. Everytime this organization has a change at the top, which is often, they attempt to convince their clients that yesterday's work is now substandard. Never mind that yesterday's work was sold by CAHG. THAT was yesterday! The clients are not buying, and have all pulled their business. Wise moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand aside. Let someone else come in and run this business. What may have worked in Chicago (and it is questionable whether it ever worked there) does not fly in NY.

Mismanaged nightmare

Senior Production Artist (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbett Accel

Pros- the time off policy, but only if you really don't care about meeting your 1900 billable hours a year
- being able to get away with pretty much anything at any time

Cons- incompetent, political management
- lack of creativity
- zero innovation
- zero growth
- mismanagement of everything, lots of butt kissing

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-read your management books. The seminars you offer give advice you routinely ignore. Your business management model is a joke, and you need to treat people as though they have value, including paying them more and the "partners" less. Also, stand up to Omnicom once in a while or stop blaming them for everything, it one or the other.

Incompetence trickles down from the top.

I have been working at Corbett Accel

Pros- Decent benefits, although they are constantly being reduced
- Lots of people available to complain to, since everyone else is also miserable
- Free donut Fridays (if you're in the 50% of the staff who arrives early enough to get one)

Cons- Almost everything else.
- Almost every person in a senior position is out-of-touch and clueless, and that starts at the very top. New branding and comically bad business cards / stationary isn't going to distract clients from the bland work we create. You will scratch your hair out trying to figure out how some of the people got to where they are.
- They need to learn that talk is cheap, and everyone knows it.
- As others have mentioned, they seem to promote the brown-nosers as opposed to the truly talented and innovative.
- Stop laying people off randomly! It's really bad for morale.
- Ridiculous processes stifle creativity, and WAY too many people are involved in the simplest and most mundane tasks. We shouldn't be billing the client 500 hours to make a copy-and-pasted banner ad.
- We're "digital", kinda like word processors, mouse balls and dot-matrix printers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut quality of work before job preservation, and please actually address the important company issues instead of pretending that they never happened.

Promote the cheerleaders, remove the intelligent people

I worked at Corbett Accel

ProsGood benefits, mostly great people

ConsThey claim one of their strenghts is developing their employees through learning opportunities. Sitting through free webinars is not learning and development. They are so behind the times that they keep losing business. Instead of looking to use internal resources that have digital knowledge or the capability of learning it and doing it well, they lay people off and look for new ones. Not a stable agency at all!

Advice to Senior Managementtry to look internally at your loyal, brilliant employees for advancement; don't send annual reviews via email

Good People

I have been working at Corbett Accel

ProsMany brilliant people work here. Very congenial culture. Good benefits. You work hard but can move up the ladder fast, with a promote from within philosophy.

ConsA small company run with some of the formality and red tape of a GM.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change with the time.

Worked for Corbett Accel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbett Accel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corbett Accel CEO Scott D. Cotherman. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Corbett Accel employees.