Corbus

Corbus Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Corbus Chairman & CEO Rajesh K. Soin

Rajesh K. Soin

Exciting Boutique consulting firm that provides opportunities to work with the top CPG and Manufacturing Companies.

Consultant (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at Corbus full-time for more than a year

ProsThe new COO has increased business and employee satisfaction. Significant career opportunity for individuals that can work in a team environment. Entrepreneur culture that rewards significant performance. Unique approach to the market.

ConsNeed to be a self started that takes initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in service offering development

Very Dissatisfied

Customer Order Processing Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corbus full-time for more than a year

Pros1 work from home day is nice. Good co-workers who support each other.

ConsThere are, unfortunately, very few pros and many many cons. Corbus as a company has proven itself to be very unethical, especially in overtime practices. Employees are expected to work until the job is done, and overtime is rarely approved. The workload is in most cases way beyond an 8 hour workday, and nearly everyone has been forced into a "work until the job is done with no pay" situation. The director of the project has very little insight into the day to day operations that this position requires, and makes decisions without any regard to how it will affect the employees doing the job. Protocol is not followed in transitions, and no changes are ever made to try to improve these processes. There is a large variation in salaries for people doing the same job. There is very little respect from the director toward employees. Inappropriate language, yelling, disrespect, and threatening tactics are used. Morale is terrible and nearly every employee on this project feels overused, unappreciated, and disrespected. Transitions are awful, and people are fired when they have not had adequate training and can't complete the job the same way a seasoned employee can. Women are disrespected by director, verbally harassed, and spoken to in a condescending fashion. I would not recommend this position to anyone I know, and I only anticipate further decline of this project.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop allowing the director of the project to make day to day decisions that negatively impact employees and the relationship with the client. Improve communication between leadership and client. There needs to be honesty between leadership and client. Project manager should know how to manage people. Stop poorly training new hires and then firing them when you don't see immediate results. Stop illegal overtime practices. Allow employees to have a resource to report issues to without fear of losing their job.

Lack of care for employees

Customer Order Processing Analyst (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Corbus full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay. The coworkers are nice.

ConsManagement will agree to do whatever a client wants without regard to how it affects their employees. When problems arise, management does not back up their own employees when the client is upset. Most of the people on my project worked a ton of unpaid overtime, which is actually illegal. HR should get a handle on this before a lawsuit comes.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. Realize that most people in the company are looking for other jobs because of the lack of respect they are getting at Corbus.

DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Company is going down the drain fast and they treat employees terribly!

COPA (Former Employee)
Miamisburg, OH

I worked at Corbus full-time for less than a year

ProsDepending on the project, one work from home day a week is nice, and the opportunity to work from home when ill helps reduce the need for sick time.

ConsThat work from home option sometimes bites you because you are forbidden to actually take a day off if you are sick. They expect you to work from home when you are sick, so if you have a stomach bug or something awful that you can't work through, you will pay a price if you take off instead of actually working though it at home. If you do take a day off, they will text and call you all day with silly questions so your "days off" are mostly spent on the phone with work or logging on from home to answer emails...and if you do not reply to a text (on your personal phone as work phones are not provided), you will be harassed with multiple texts until you answer. My son had surgery and I had pre-approved time off for it and yet they called and texted and asked me to log on to do this or that the entire time I was off (which I was not paid for because I had been there less than 6 months - side bar...you accrue vacation time but if you leave prior to 6 months, they take all of the vacation time they paid you off of your last check, even though you already accrued it). Also, you are required to work 60+ hours per week for only 40 hours of pay...some will get approved overtime but for the most part my project managers said overtime was not approved but you were not allowed to log off until the work was complete for the day, regardless of how many hours it took. I was called on a Friday evening during the Christmas season and told that I needed to log on immediately to handle an order that they later admitted came in after work hours. When I did not answer their initial phone call because I was at my husband's work Christmas Party, I began receiving multiple texts from both my team lead and the project manager that I needed to work that night or Saturday morning (which I did do and with zero compensation). I continued working 60 hour weeks for no overtime pay. I was a brand new employee who was never trained (the girl who's desk I took over was treated poorly as well and quit in the middle of training me, so I was thrown to the wolves weeks prior than the other members of my training class) and yet I was doing a desk with double workload and lots of high maintenance customers. When I began to mention that I could no longer put in the 12-15 hour days, I started to catch heat. If you only work an 8 hour day, the work doesn't get done, yet they refuse to approve overtime until its too late. I was told I would be commuting to Cincinnati for a two week training period and then would work from Miamisburg, but ended up commuting 2 hours each way for nearly 2 months before being able to work in Miamisburg (never reimbursed for mileage or parking). Also, in my last few weeks there, the people on my project were starting to realize that starting pay had varied drastically over the past 2 years...as in people doing the same or less work than us were making between $5,000 and $12,000 more because as the project went on, they were continuing to lower starting salaries. All of this, while continuing to pay weekly airfare for upper management who lived out of state to travel to Dayton and Cincinnati every week.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo far gone...but it isn't good business to let people go on the last day of the month so that benefits are terminated immediately...it isn't good business to work people 60-80 hours a week for 40 hours of pay...and it isn't good business to make so many deductions on their last paycheck that you are single handedly sinking a family of 5...am I a bitter former employee? Heck yes. I wish I had never taken this job.

Terrible

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat co-workers, able to work from home some if you have a good project. Thats about it.

Cons1. No growth opportunities
2. Lousy Pay
3. 1 client

I was on let go after being on the bench b/c they do not have enough work. Do not work here if you want to further your career! Not stable!

Advice to Senior ManagementIts to late, this company is terrible

STAY AWAY! Unethical, very poor performing company on the down and down

Sales/Business Development (Current Employee)
Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Corbus full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are no pros for this company. Save yourself a heartache, STAY AWAY!

Cons* Extremely unethical and toxic company that would do anything in the name of greed. Openly lies to potential customers about its abilities and deceives them into thinking it has capability to integrate or develop using technology that it has no experience in working on. Consistently fails to deliver on time and without quality to customers. Corbus has failed on big projects to clients. Corbus is extremely poor in its competencies. Quality of work is shoddy. Very sad and unprofessional situation. The situation at Corbus makes you question your ethics as you know the firm cannot deliver with quality but you also know you cannot be truthful to the customer. You'd be in an ethical dilemma.
* The bulk of Corbus' business/revenue is in non-IT. Don't be deceived by its revenue to think it is all in IT.
* Can barely keep its main customer in IT, Proctor & Gamble (P&G). It is losing against its main competitor at P&G. It fails to perform, fails to deliver. Its competitors have come in and taken most of Corbus' IT business away because of Corbus' sheer incompetence. The only reason why some clients use Corbus is because they think they can get cheap services out of Corbus. What they fail to factor is "you get what you pay for."
* Corbus leaders/exec team in OH are delusional about the company's abilities. They lack knowledge of the IT business and guide the company toward paths that have caused the company to spiral downwards. Very poor leadership and management which has caused for the company to lack growth, mismanagement and poor direction and bad performance in IT. Employees in OH stay because they lack insight and experience in understanding Corbus has no future as well as general lack luster IT career opportunities in OH.
* Corbus has a VERY weak sales pipeline. Has no new business coming in for its IT division - no competencies, no ability to deliver high quality work, no name company in an industry filled with competitors that are highly competent and well managed. Yet somehow it is so delusional that it thinks it has the capabilities to compete with other more competent IT companies and wants to take on large corporate clients. Potential customers and partners are deceived by their lies. Very ethically challenged company and exec team.
* Cannot keep any good employees for long. The smart and skilled employees flee like rats jumping off a sinking ship as they can quickly see the real situation within the company. The lousy poor performing employees stay on for a very long time. Corbus lays people off a lot as there is no proper planning. Corbus has no concept of where it is going or what it wants to do. It will hire you today in a reactive mode, and get rid of you in a few months when it gets reactive again. There are few exceptions to this situation in almost everyone who gets hired.
* The Corbus HR team like most HR in companies are administrative paper pushers. No power to change anything.
* The company operates on the cheap, cheap and cheap. It does not value skilled talent, nor want to pay them much. If you are paid well for your skills, it will soon shine a spotlight on you to get rid of you. Cheap labor is its main aim. Very weak and thin US IT work force as Corbus refuses to pay much, so it won't hire and retain high quality US workers. There is no appreciation of talent or skill. The CFO, COO and CEO operate on the cheap and would compare US workers to Indian rates.
* Poor work environment at the Miamisburg office. It has a very dead atmosphere.
* Poor work environment in India. Morale is low, quality of employees is low and turnover is very high. Corbus treats the Indian employees very poorly. Corbus does not treat the Indian rank-and-file employees with much respect. They are seen as low-level grunts. Conditions and employee morale is the pits there as the Indian employees are perpetually fearful of being kicked out due to the low volume of work and no sales wins. Indian employees get paid very little compared to going rates in India at other Indian firms. Since Corbus pays low, they get lower quality and inexperienced personnel. "You get what you pay for!" Those who do join and are smart leave very quickly as they are offered better gigs at more successful firms. Corbus has a poor reputation in the Indian job market.
* Potential employees in US and India should stay away from Corbus. DO NOT waste your time at this company. Your career would be in shreds as people will wonder why you joined such a lousy company with low competency. You'd never be able to easily explain your way out of that. Read the comments/reviews on Glassdoor. Many of the reviewers (current US & Indian ex employees) are telling you the truth. Corbus really is THAT bad. No exaggerations!
* Potential customers should refrain from using the services of this low competency company. There are so many other companies that can deliver better quality work and are competent. Save yourself a lot of headaches, risks of project failures and potential career damage at your firm (from being blamed due to Corbus' failures). DO NOT hire the services of Corbus for anything if you hope for your projects to have any potential for success.

Dreadful experience! Working 60 hours a week mandatory OT with no OT pay.

Customer Order Processing Analyst (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Corbus full-time for less than a year

ProsOne work from home day per week is a bonus, especially since you work 15 hours a day. Its nice to knock the commute and parking fees off one day per week. No other Pro unless you like to be disrespected, underpaid and overworked.

ConsOrder processing analysts are required to work more than 8 hours per day with no paid overtime. When things get bogged down, they will eventually pay some people overtime, but others get nothing, Senior and project managers throw the employess under the bus when dealing with the client instead of working through operational issues. They just blame it on poor employees or poor time management, when in fact it is a matter of squeezing 15 hours of work into an 8 hour work day. When someone logs off after 8 hours, they get in troublle. Even though they signed on for an 8 hour day and don't get paid for anything after 8, management states you must work until all work is complete...which basically never happens unless you work 15 hours per day or more.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people, pay your employees for overtime if you are going to "require" it, and treat your employees with respect.

They will replace you with cheaper labor at the first opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbus full-time

ProsThe health benefits, time off/ holidays, 401K match were good.

ConsThey will replace you with cheaper labor they bring in, even if your work is exemplary. Always worried about getting the ax. HR people don't respond to inquiries about pay checks and other HR issues unless repeatedly bugged about it. Took 3 months to correctly set up local income taxes, even after pestering them about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give lip service about professionalism and dress, then hire in cheaper labor who dress like biker babes.

Disappointed

Commercial Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbus full-time for less than a year

ProsThe salary is competitive if you can stay. Has poor hiring practices without care to employee and/or their prior obligations.

ConsUtterly disorganized. Offered position in August with sizable pay increase from what was current employer but was told that was needed immediately. I requested to give employer 2 week notice but was told offer would be rescinded as position started the next week. Left employer, signed forms and was later told that there was a delay in program which I was hired. Delay turned to non existent and was left without employment and no chance of being rehired to former employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees will work much harder for you if you remember that they are more than just employees.

Software Developer Review

I have been working at Corbus full-time

ProsGood Work Life Balance
Job Safety
Decent Benefits

ConsPoor Communication among internal teams such as Recruiters, Accounting , HR etc . Promise what you can do, dont lie and try to take advantage of employee's situation.

Think of diversity , dont keep bringing cheap people from overseas. Hire in U.S once in a while.

Need to have more clients.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove your recruiting , accounting and hr quality.

Worked for Corbus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corbus CEO Rajesh K. Soin. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Corbus employees.