Cordis
www.cordis.com Bridgewater, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cordis Reviews

Updated Nov 18, 2013
Cordis – San German – “plant overview, cordis”

Seth H.Z. Fischer

Great Company to work for.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
San German, PR

I have been working at Cordis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGrowth opportunities, very competitive pay. Great team of very professional engineers and scientists. Excellent local management team.

ConsThey closed Puerto Rico Operations as they bailed out from the coronary stent market. WOuld work for them in the future, given the opportunity.

extraordinary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cordis full-time

ProsCarrear development in every area

ConsLack of support from manager

Top notch company under internal reorganization. Good product pipeline.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Cordis for more than 8 years

ProsGood salary and bonuses. Product pipeline shows promising growth and stability.

ConsComplex documentation and quality systems.

Great place to have worked but did not value outside experience. They wanted people to work in at least two or three rot

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Cordis for less than a year

ProsEmployee development was a clear focus

Consdid not value outside experience

Failing Fast

Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Cordis as a contractor for less than a year

ProsTechnically part of J&J so benefits are pretty good, though it doesn't feel like other parts of J&J. It doesn't take much talent to stay at Cordis--once you're in, you can stay forever.

ConsShady about possible relocation to California, not much potential for development (everybody gets stuck at Senior Analyst). Decisions are centered around making things easier for sales force and not always logical.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your strategies--and fast! Get rid of consignment while you're at it, the company is literally bleeding money.

Lack of planning and random timelines

Fremont, CA

I have been working at Cordis full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat peers - intelligent and friendly

ConsMediocre managers and directors - No sense of planning projects and milestones. Just driven by timelines without thinking about stress levels of team members. Pretty selfish R&D management who don't care about other departments like Mfg/Operations, QA, Reg Affairs

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule is not the only critical part of a Project, try injecting some sense of solid plans and risk mitigation from top down.

Feel like working for an INDIAN company

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cordis full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI like the location. I like Bay Area

Cons1) Since most managers are Indians company has an Indian culture and mostly hires Indian engineers
2) Not a fair company.

Advice to Senior Management1) Plan better
2) change your Directors and be fair.
3) We live in United States not India

Horrible

NPD Engineer (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA

I worked at Cordis full-time for more than a year

ProsBeing part of JNJ company

Cons1) Most Mnagers are Indians (From India) and they like to hire their own kind.
2) People yell at eachother during most meetings it is not a professional enviroment

Advice to Senior ManagementIs speaking Hindi part of the requirements of getting a job at your company?

How can you mismanage such a great company?

Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Warren, NJ

I worked at Cordis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFantastic people, smart and dedicated employees at all levels. One if the best sales talents I have seen unfortunately mst are gone to other companies.
Used to have the best engineers and marketers of the industry that allowed them market lead and expansion through best in class technologies and breakthrough innovations in all 3 business units they had. Sadly none of these are there, although current BWI management is trying to correct path that had been screwed up by multiple previous management personnel. It used to be the company of no consequences, think about the acquisition of Conor for almost $2BN that announced inferiority of data 3 weeks after purchase, complete avoidance and mismanagement of the endovascular business and portfolio, the Cypher fiasco and then exit of DES. Sad to see this nice market leading company loosing share, faith, respect and people.... Hope the new management will get it right!

ConsUsed to have meetings after meetings and decisions were always delayed. Every decision took"2 weeks" and then postponed for another 2 weeks and promised to get it in another 2 weeks...
Horrible management with limited or no med device background, a lot of overhead and politics

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, the new BWI management is a totally different ne so none of the above nonsense is there anymore. The big questions are: can the ship be turned around? Can the customers trust Cordis again after so many failures? Will the good employees stay knowing the unsustainable new working culture? What is the long term vision for J&J? The current one is more like. "J&J can't afford to exit the cardiovascular space" but that is not a strategy and vision! Most pipeline products are good but not breakthrough and/or market leading ones. The company will succeed though thanks to the dedicated and very good employees but do not forget to reward them and give them a bit of a grief because they are your last and most valuable assets!

Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Cordis as an intern for less than a year

ProsGood environment. Everyone is pretty helpful.

ConsToo on your own. To much cubicle work

Advice to Senior ManagementWeekly meetings with underlings

Worked for Cordis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cordis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cordis CEO Seth H.Z. Fischer. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Cordis employees.