Core-Mark

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

2.9

Tom Perkins

Fast paced high stress with ok pay and good benefits.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Job is constant full time work and benefits are good

Cons

Long hours, fast paced, stressful and deal with customers all day. Drivers are always upset and stressed over routes and the job. Seattle traffic! Warehouse always making mistakes.

Better communication, average out hours per day, fix routes, better warehouse management

Good place for sales experience

Current Employee - New Business Development
    Current Employee - New Business Development

Pros

Great people and very helpful training in a sales enviroment.

Cons

A lot of driving. Some customers are difficult to deal with.

outstanding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

opportunities are a plenty for each employee

Cons

upper level branch management needs to be more in touch with employees that do the work.

Corporate needs to make sure division management has a heart and communicates with its employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Doing things the Coremark way is synonymous with an expletive... you get my point right?

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

Pros

Great benefits, I can say they have an all around good insurance program. The offices and breakrooms are clean.

Cons

I used to be a positive person before I started working for this company. I soon realized there was a cultlike attitude with upper management. You have to swear allegiance to a group of sensitive, ego maniac managers that live and breath Coremark. Now let me say, I am passionate wherever I work, but I begun to loathe the environment. They push and prod middle management along with frontline workers whilst offering no support. And don't dare disagree with one of them or their egos will crumble, and you'll be marked. At least one good thing comes from this, I'm now reevaluating my life, goals and searching for a different career. This company could be so much more if management got behind their team instead of prancing around barking orders and sending snarky emails. Even the poor pay would be just a bit easier to deal with if you had a strong leadership base.

Invest in UPPER management professionalism and leadership training, as well as middle management. But trust me that its needed at the highest level per division.
     Actually invest in real training, for all departments at the division level. This company has the poorest training program I've ever seen.

Stop justifying bad behavior because you proclaim the numbers "are good". Support middle management and your frontline. Stop referring to people as stupid, stop picking on people who disagree, stop communicating in emails like highschool children, stop trying to talk everyone into drinking the coolaid. Lead by example and be open to suggestions and feedback.

Not a fair competition

Former Employee - Driver  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Driver in Spokane, WA

Pros

Benefits are good will always have a job they can't afford to lose drivers...bad attitude = driver of the year...

Cons

Pushed to work illegal and management turns the other cheek. Bad moral.

Improve moral with fair compensation

great company

Current Employee - Route Driver  in  Forrest City, AR
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Forrest City, AR

Pros

good pay,excellent benifits management listens wich is very rare its a great place to work for this area very friendly to work for

Cons

hard work ,long hours and warm in the summer

we would like too have a employee of the year

Good place to work

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Good Chance to travel to different division and work with good people all over the country.

Cons

Management sometimes it is a revolving door. Working nights is hard on the family life. You sometimes have to chase her money to get paid correctly.

Show some appreciation for the employees around you to help make management look good.

Overall, a great place to work

Current Employee - Route Driver  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Management mostly stays out of the way. The load quality is usually very good.

Cons

Management seems to be a revolving door. I don't actually know the name of my direct supervisor. I don't know if I have a direct supervisor. The pay scale is a per load thing instead of hourly, but it averages out to about $19/hr straight time.

Pay your drivers by the hour and at a rate competitive with the industry.

It a decent place to work.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Amsterdam, NY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Amsterdam, NY

Pros

Good co-worker's always there to help.

Cons

There's ia favortizim there, other driver's get more attention than other's.

Treat people equal, give and take to all equal.

Territory Manager

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

Pros

People are friendly; large company to work for, which is a plus for advancement. Company that is always striving to be the best.

Cons

The company lacks the training structure to coach and develop its staff within their districts; you are expected to perform, regardless, which is very frustrating, and discouraging. Hi turnover.

Develop a better training structure for new hires; reps and TM's

Worked for Core-Mark? Contribute to the Community!