CoreLogic Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
2.3

CoreLogic President, CEO, and Director Anand K. Nallathambi
Anand K. Nallathambi

Pros
  • Work/life balance if you know where to draw the line (in 27 reviews)

• Great people trying hard to stay positive (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • From the Upper Management to the Team Leaders, no one will give you the same answer (in 12 reviews)

• Annual increase was very little and very limited opportunity to advance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Segmented and silo'ed

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Westlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Westlake, TX

I worked at CoreLogic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance isn't as bad as other companies. The Westlake campus is a nice location but it has scaled down quite a bit in recent years.

Cons

The business units are very segmented and aren't collaborative. Pay is on the lower end and benefits are ok. Westlake location is far away in the metroplex.

ok

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good place to earn experience

Cons

they do not pay competitively

A good first job, but will leave you at the same position and pay scale for a long time.

I have been working at CoreLogic

Pros

I was able to get a job with CoreLogic before graduating college. the company allowed me to grow as long as I was willing to go where the contracts lead me.

Cons

I wish they valued their employs more because training and advanced degrees do not seem to be a high priority for them.

You're a number at CoreLogic

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at CoreLogic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I liked most of the people there. My direct coworkers were some of the best folks I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

They had a model for giving raises that didn't allow for treating good workers decently. After 13 years of working there, I was unceremoniously laid off and replaced by a Dell employee, who I had to train for my job. There is no way to train someone in the nuances and details of systems and a work environment that have been accumulated over 13 years. I guess bottom line was more important to them than actual productivity and customer satisfaction.

Pay your good people what they're worth and retain them.

Honesty Would have Gone a Long Way.

Current Employee - Processing Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Processing Analyst in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CoreLogic bought out a company that I worked for, and from the first promised extended growth opportunities, a commitment to employee development, and most of all, that they would not be closing any of the locations.

The Good:
    -Within the first year, I had transitioned through 2 different positions, landing in a job that had me reporting directly to a senior manager. It was great experience for someone who was just starting college.
    -Great opportunities for tuition reimbursement
    -They truly did have a commitment to my development as an employee. Lots of opportunities to participate in meetings and out of work events to help expand and hone my skillsets.

Cons

Within 1 year (to the day) of buying out our company, they shut down the whole office. We had communications from them literally 1 week prior announcing that they weren't going to be doing this, that it wasn't even on the radar. Their dishonesty had seeped over into other business aspects, so most of us saw this coming. Others were very surprised. However, they failed to give notification in a timely manner, and ended up paying severance packages/penalties as a result, so I guess they got what they deserved.

Increase transparency, and respect your employees.

One to remember

Current Employee - Quality Control in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Control in Westlake, TX

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

All the overtime you can get

Cons

Management doesn't have a clue

Listen to your employees when implementing new (SOP) and learn what works with your workers to get the job done.

Was fine until they laid off the whole company

Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing in Lancaster, CA

I worked at CoreLogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, cool pay, 401k, vacation, seems like you can move up.

Cons

We were a merge from BofA to them. They lied about taking our whole dept for a merger. July 2013 BofA sold us to them, sept 2013 we were told we were all being laid off.
    Why make us go through all of the pomp and circumstance of paper work, getting references if you're just fire everybody in 3 mos? If they ever "merge" with your company please do yourself a solid and find another job IMMEDIATELY! The severance and the joke of unemployment benefits are not even worth it.

The company is heading into the right direction but it has a lot of challenges.

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time

Pros

CoreLogic partners with Pivotal Labs for new product development and the company has a grand and ambitious strategy for the future, so there may be opportunity for personal growth if you are up to the challenge. Hard work and good performance are recognized and can pay off through small monetary awards. Coworkers are courteous and mostly easy to work with and managers are nice and mostly hands-off.

Cons

Planning and scheduling are not done well so employees may need to work extra hard and even longer hours. Company's overly reliance on offshore, emails, and online meetings lead to non-productive and chaotic environment due to unclear, conflicting communications and delayed responds. Reducing cost, saving money, and optimizing resources (including humans) are the main objectives so count yourself lucky to still have a job and don't expect salary increase. No career growth unless you work there for a long time and bring values, manage politics well and fit in.

Good so far.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in DFW, TX

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is good. I don't worry about losing my job daily.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not good communication between teams.

Eliminate not the clicks within management that causing divisions.

Sinking ship that is ALSO on fire. Stay away or get out while you can (whichever is applicable)

Current Employee - Product Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CoreLogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice office location. If you negotiate upfront, compensation can be fair (not superb).

Cons

All the key people have left. Some went to LPS (a bad move, because most got laid off when they got acquired), many have gone to various arms of First American. This is just a terrible company that treats people as expendable. Senior management has no clue. They don't want to invest in products, people, or anything -- just milk existing assets and line their pockets. Benefits get worse every year.

Leave and take the CEO with you. He's so out of touch with employees, it's a complete joke.