CoreSite Reviews

CoreSite President and CEO Thomas M. Ray
Thomas M. Ray

Wonderful team of colleagues

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is genuinely interested in seeing the company succeed. Inspirational CEO, albeit a bit intimidating - still inspiring to listen to his knowledge of the industry, and passion for customer service. Sense of family among colleagues. SLT members are caring, genuine, and approachable.

Cons

Inconsistent messaging about direction of the company. Too heavily focused on Sales and Marketing teams. Disregard for all frontline employees, as decisions are based entirely on Sales needs. (Granted, Sales makes money...but you still need a team of people to create what your Sales team sells...)

Share information freely. Be honest and open. Focus on taking care of your employees and empowering them, and they will take care of you in return.

Good company, clueless management

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good stable company with a bright future. Customer focused, excellent starting package and benefits for employees.

Cons

Overworked employees and management. When ideas and traning is brought up, management dismisses or overlooks it because they have their hands full. This can be dangerous especially when safety is on the line.

Management lacks interest and is very lax, (thus the recent firing of regional managers).

Listen to employees when ideas are brought up, especially the ones that will benefit the company/team. Add a couple extra worthy dollars to compensation to departments that need it. The company will benefit from it greatly. Focus on your working class team, and not so much on sales and senior management who is already making over 200k.

Love working at CoreSite

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of brilliant co-workers that share their enthusiasm on a daily basis and it seems that people generally love their jobs and work hard at them. Work-life balance is emphasized and managers are easy to talk to and open to opinions and suggestions.

Cons

It was a difficult industry to understand at first, especially with the majority of our data centers out-of-state.

Everything seems to be working well, love working for the company.

Coresite has a dynamic great team and great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Director of Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial driven company with best of breed data centers; Top down drive to support sales and growing business

Cons

Not too much to say here as I love my job with Coresite

Great place to work with lots of opportunity for professional growth

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not only does the company strive to deliver best of breed data centers, and excellent customer service, but the employees really work well together. It's a genuine team atmosphere and everyone wants you to succeed. CoreSite's investment in their employees is equal from the top down - in order for the company to succeed, we all have to succeed.

Cons

Nothing at the present time.

Awesome place to Work!

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team focus at CoreSite is incredible. You will never hear anyone say "that's not my job." Everyone is willing to jump in and help out - especially when it comes to helping customers.

Tom Ray, the CEO, cares about employees and has an open door policy. He personally meets new employees at Friday Sing-a-Longs and will remember your name next time he sees you in the hall way.

The company is growing - which means an incredible amount of opportuntiy for growth.

Cons

If you don't unplug - the opportunity to work 24/7 is there, however, the managers and leaders at CoreSite do encourage people to balance work & life.

Keep up the good work!

Great place to work

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's really a great company...small but mighty! I've only been employed less than a year but am very pleased with all I've seen and learned so far. Everyone has a wonderful sense of pride in all they do each and every day. They really do care about their employees and plan many fun activities each month, what a great way to keep employees engaged in their jobs and also be able to have fun with their coworkers!

Cons

Location - not the easiest sometimes, but at least parking is part of your benefit package.

Thank you for keeping the employee's in mind with all the fun activities! It's good to see promotions from within, so many departments interacting and people smiling, that doesn't happen everywhere.

Great place to work...ethical leadership, strong corporate values, customer centric

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (less than an year)

Pros

ethical leadership, strong corporate values that resonate throughout the organization the most customer centric company I have ever worked in

Cons

work-life balance can be challenging

consistency in leaderhip is important

An Excellent Company to work for!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- CoreSite has a site for online training where you can learn new skills and bone up on those you already have.
    - Management takes a genuine interest in the well being of it's employees
    - Management - from the CEO down - is very down to earth, and not so busy as to take time to talk to any employee in the company.

Cons

I don't know that I really have any Con's to share at this time.

Keep up what you are doing, because it is working.

Poorly managed projects with no guidance and a lot of "it's not my job" being thrown around.

I worked at CoreSite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think the people at a company are what make a company work and work well. I would say overall, you have a lot of nice people hard working people at this company. The pay is above average and the new space recently moved into is beautiful and state of the art.

Cons

The challenges of this company is there is a lot of finger pointing going on with no accountability. I think many of the managers are not in the correct positions or are not given enough information to make their employees productive and efficient. I feel like the CEO is far too much into the 'Rah Rah' let's go out there and rock it mentality and not sure they really know what they are doing. This should go highly noticed to the board of directors with the recent turnover in the last 6 months of almost the entire SLT.

I would put this more to the board of directors. Get a CEO and SLT team in there that holds some accountability for the misses on the many projects that were failed on in the last year. Put people in a position to succeed, not to falter because of lack of guidance, consistency or people in positions far beyond their skill set.