CoreSite Reviews

CoreSite President and CEO Thomas M. Ray
Thomas M. Ray

1. Culture

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is unlike anywhere I have worked before. Everyone is genuinely enthused about their job and wants to help out anywhere they can. Employees just seem very happy here. It is truly refreshing and enjoyable!

Cons

I can't really think of any cons, i guess I wish they had a stock option plan.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, stay ahead of the market and we will be extremely successful.

2. Very Positive Work Environment

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In all honesty, I love working at CoreSite. Denver's office is the company's headquarters, and it is in a great location on 17th in Downtown Denver, between Arapahoe and Curtis. The company pays for your parking spot, which is under the building, or they pay for your monthly light rail pass. Big bonus, in my opinion! As you read above, CoreSite has a very positive work environment. The employee morale is the best I have ever seen. As I had heard in my interviews, I definitely agree that the company has a "work hard, play hard" mentality. From what I can tell, management and senior leadership know what they're doing, and I'm sure it has a lot to do with the CEO. If you have a positive attitude, you are eager to learn and you work hard, you will be valued and appreciated at CoreSite.

Cons

It is tough to come up with cons! If I were to compare the benefits at CoreSite to my previous employer's, I am not receiving as big of a 401K contribution from CoreSite. Also, you immediately receive 15 days of PTO, which is great, but that PTO includes sick time. At my last job, I had received 15 days for vacation, as well as two floating holidays PLUS sick time. These are the only things I can come up with! I obviously left my previous job, and I know I made the right decision :-)

Advice to Management

No advice!

3. Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is very ethical at a time when a lot in the industry are not. Management is bright, fair and compensates well for work well done.

Cons

To its advantage and disadvantage- may be a bit lean and conservative but also an advantage.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff..everyone really does care about supplying the best customer experience across the board.

5. Good Company; Lean and fast-moving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at CoreSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CoreSite is a great company for a type-A, detail-oriented person who is looking for a fast-moving environment. Opportunities for advancement are good, but management expects to see a pristine track record. Wonderful work environment, people are friendly and helpful.

Cons

CoreSite is extremely lean for the scope of business they conduct, and this puts stress on employees. Common schedules kept by employees are 8AM-6PM, and this is expected. If you're looking to just punch your card and get by with the bare minimum, this is not the place for you. Environment can be coldly calculating. Performance issues are approached using positive punishment.

Advice to Management

Adding employees to sparse teams will help to ease the burdens of the tasks at hand. The company is too lean as it is.

Great job if you get the leads.

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great GM support. Product that is competitive in the market. Comp plan is generous.

Cons

No presence in LV, Dallas, or Phx. Unresponsive technical sales help.

Advice to Management

New SEs and realistic expectations.

7. Great go-getter company.

Pros

While technically a real estate trust, they are also a tech company.

Cons

There are not many problems.

8. Wonderful team of colleagues

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is genuinely interested in seeing the company succeed. Inspirational CEO, albeit a bit intimidating - still inspiring to listen to his knowledge of the industry, and passion for customer service. Sense of family among colleagues. SLT members are caring, genuine, and approachable.

Cons

Inconsistent messaging about direction of the company. Too heavily focused on Sales and Marketing teams. Disregard for all frontline employees, as decisions are based entirely on Sales needs. (Granted, Sales makes money...but you still need a team of people to create what your Sales team sells...)

Advice to Management

Share information freely. Be honest and open. Focus on taking care of your employees and empowering them, and they will take care of you in return.

9. Secretary

Former Employee - Secretary in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Secretary in Denver, CO

I worked at CoreSite part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance usually

Cons

Can seem cliquey at times

Advice to Management

Great job!

10. Love working at CoreSite

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of brilliant co-workers that share their enthusiasm on a daily basis and it seems that people generally love their jobs and work hard at them. Work-life balance is emphasized and managers are easy to talk to and open to opinions and suggestions.

Cons

It was a difficult industry to understand at first, especially with the majority of our data centers out-of-state.

Advice to Management

Everything seems to be working well, love working for the company.

11. Coresite has a dynamic great team and great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Director of Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CoreSite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial driven company with best of breed data centers; Top down drive to support sales and growing business

Cons

Not too much to say here as I love my job with Coresite

RSS Feed </> Embed