Corinthian Colleges

Corinthian Colleges Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino

Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits while they last(in 6 reviews)

• Hardworking, dedicated employees, good benefits (but with high employee contribution)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth(in 6 reviews)

• All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company(in 9 reviews)

Could be better

Instructor (Current Employee) San Bernardino, CA

ProsLove my students...that is about it! Rewarding feeling of helping students change their life.

Consdemanding work hours, inconsistant management, all about attrition rate instead of the respect of the employee. High stress leave rate at San Bernardino campus. Obviously management is not taking care of their employees and only worried about their external customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee burn out. Burnt out to the core!

Admissions

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bedford Park, IL

ProsSalary was ok but thats about it

ConsEnrolling students in a program that's over priced and won't find a job

Advice to Senior ManagementYou try making someone go to college and pay 20k for a diploma program

Great organization! Focused on students.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsYou get to work with people who truly care about the students. Fast paced organization.

ConsThe company has regulatory issues due to the government.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the morale up by having constant communication with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corruption, Chaos and no work life balance - If you like that formula then this is the company for you.

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThe only thing I can think of to say it that it is located on a very nice corporate campus.

ConsDeceitfulness is encouraged. Corruption throughout. Benefits have been slashed to almost nothing. They are making very irrational decisions that effect everyone else's way of life because they are trying to cut costs anyway they can. Turnover is high right now, so people are wearing different hats with no rewards. People are fed up with the madness and the fact that the CEO got a raise of 5.6 pct and the employees were told there would be no raises because of low enrollments, etc is very unsettling.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make this an easy transition. The company is going under. If you want to stop people from quitting, make their lives easier. They are working for crappy benefits and no raises. Since you are offering next to nothing, you should make it worth their while to stay. You are going to loose good people and you will be left with the bottom of the barrel.

Dismal Tenure since joining the organization

Director of Admissions (Current Employee)

ProsI have my monies worth in terms of gaining valuable "Agent of Change"experience.

ConsMedia Coverage of the organization and it's overall reputation being tarnished frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose your doors and sell-off.

Stay Away

Career Services Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIf you like working in a ghetto environment this is the place for you.

ConsThe culture here is terrible. Senior director is weak. She actually walked off the job.

so-so

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Largo, FL

Prospay is fairly decent , met some nice co-workers there

Consyou end up working almost every weekend. disrespectful to employees

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great place to work

ProsTeam environment, advancement possibilities, community envolvement

ConsUnfair regulation, negative press, lies

Director

Director (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsStudent Centered, Fun work environment

ConsShort Sales Cycle which creates extremely fast paced work environment

It is a great company to work for. They really believe in what they do, the students they serve and the employees.

Training Specialist (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsCommitment to do the right thing. Strong integrity.

ConsCompany is going through some organizational issues that could change the company.

Worked for Corinthian Colleges? Contribute to the Community!