Corinthian Colleges

Updated January 18, 2015
2.5

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino
Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits while they last (in 9 reviews)

• Great work like balance, good benefits, enjoyed learning and personal growth (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth (in 9 reviews)

• All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

A once-decent company slowly marred by a bad business model.

Former Employee - Senior Registrar in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Registrar in Orlando, FL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When the right people were in place, it ran steadily well. Most of the people working there were there because they genuinely wanted to help students.

Cons

Realizing that charging so much for a degree really isn't necessary, and having to deal with all the bad press and negative publicity surrounding the complaints. The right people were never in place long enough to help make a real difference.

If nothing seems to be going right or getting better, maybe it's time to start cleaning house from the top down, instead of vice-versa.

Get out while you can

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Paid time off, medical, dental, eye, life insurances and tuition reimbursement

Cons

NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT SUCCESSFUL

Get your act together!!!

Regional Director of Admissions, High School Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite all the negative press, I loved my job. I felt that I was treated well and that my supervisors wanted the best things for our students.

Cons

Honestly, government regulations and unfair press.

Be more humble with the Federal and State governments.

BLAH!!!

Current Employee - Student Finance Planner in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Planner in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Co-workers gel well together. The job is pretty consistent.

Cons

There is absolutely no room for advancement. The pay could be better. You have late nights and Saturday work hours. There is a lack of trainings. When something changes, the information is usually passed around through the grapevine. The morale of employees drops to real lows and nothing is done to uplift morale. Employees are dispendable not valued.

Communication, communication, communication. Management needs to communicate better with their employees.

The good with the bad

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

They offer very good benefits and a good salary

Cons

Very poor upper management in each department. They need to be more selective in their hiring process.

I don't know what over directors are like in other departments but my own. The director in our Admissions department enjoys giving our team members "BEAT DOWN" meetings every Friday. We are always getting scolded for issues out of our control. Our Friday meetings are never positive, even when we do VERY well (go way above our goal number) for the term. It's always a meeting about what we do wrong and never what we do right or how we can make it better.

To make a long story short...my advice to my Director would be to praise us when we do well. And not be so quick to scold the team. When you praise your employess, they will WANT to do more for you without being asked. When you scold them, they will only do what is needed OR LESS because they will get scolded regardless.

2. Don't not play favorites because the team will see it.

3. Don't lie to your employess and not think that they will not find out. Believe it or not, your employees do get together to compare stories. Especialy when you already have a reputation of being a liar.

4. Don't belittle your associates in front of their peers. One day you will run into the wrong person and they will not take it lightly.

5. Don't disrespect your employees yet demand it from them.

Corinthian Colleges Photos