Corinthian Colleges

Corinthian Colleges Reviews in Orlando, FL

2.5

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino
Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits while they last (in 6 reviews)

• Hardworking, dedicated employees, good benefits (but with high employee contribution) (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth (in 6 reviews)

• All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The good with the bad

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

They offer very good benefits and a good salary

Cons

Very poor upper management in each department. They need to be more selective in their hiring process.

I don't know what over directors are like in other departments but my own. The director in our Admissions department enjoys giving our team members "BEAT DOWN" meetings every Friday. We are always getting scolded for issues out of our control. Our Friday meetings are never positive, even when we do VERY well (go way above our goal number) for the term. It's always a meeting about what we do wrong and never what we do right or how we can make it better.

To make a long story short...my advice to my Director would be to praise us when we do well. And not be so quick to scold the team. When you praise your employess, they will WANT to do more for you without being asked. When you scold them, they will only do what is needed OR LESS because they will get scolded regardless.

2. Don't not play favorites because the team will see it.

3. Don't lie to your employess and not think that they will not find out. Believe it or not, your employees do get together to compare stories. Especialy when you already have a reputation of being a liar.

4. Don't belittle your associates in front of their peers. One day you will run into the wrong person and they will not take it lightly.

5. Don't disrespect your employees yet demand it from them.

BLAH!!!

Current Employee - Student Finance Planner  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Planner in Orlando, FL

Pros

Co-workers gel well together. The job is pretty consistent.

Cons

There is absolutely no room for advancement. The pay could be better. You have late nights and Saturday work hours. There is a lack of trainings. When something changes, the information is usually passed around through the grapevine. The morale of employees drops to real lows and nothing is done to uplift morale. Employees are dispendable not valued.

Communication, communication, communication. Management needs to communicate better with their employees.

Worked for Corinthian Colleges? Contribute to the Community!