Corinthian Colleges Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
2.5

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino
Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits while they last (in 9 reviews)

• Great work like balance, good benefits, enjoyed learning and personal growth (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth (in 9 reviews)

• All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

A Rollercoaster

Current Employee - Admissions Manager
    Current Employee - Admissions Manager

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of ability to grow and advance as long as you are willing to put in the work. Offer comprehensive health benefits and lots of other benefit options. Dedication to integrity and excellence from the CEO's to the campus employees. The ability to help a person change their lives through the gift of education is the reason I have stayed with them for so long. Campus level management is fun, creative, adept, hardworking, and still believes in our mission statement.

Cons

I veha watched this company decline over the last 5 years; used to be employee focused and truly care about their people while always doing the right thing by the student. Since the financial crisis and economic decline they have stripped my employees of their morale, decreased contributions to their benefits and 401k, downsized numerous times, stopped communicating with the people at the campuses and then get angry at management for not hitting budgets. We are in the process of being bought out which would be the best thing for the people at this point. There is no faith in the CEO and upper management.

You lost your way and are now desperately trying to line your pockets with money as you scramble to sell the schools. At some point profit became more important than the student's lives that we help change by giving them access to an education that can allow this demographic to positively impact the lives of their families and communities. When you lost that, you lost your people.

Hit and Miss

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Commendable effort at training on a corporate level. Nice salaries

Cons

Favoritism seems to run rampant, but there are checks and balances to avoid this (when these work). A lot of wasted time in meetings that end up yielding nothing for the time spent. A lot of idealism that needs (fiscal) grounding. A lack of cohesiveness and uniformity in a crisis.

Fiscal responsibility.

I have learned a lot, been rewarded for my hard work and believe in what the company stands for

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Making a positive difference in someone's life, company rewards hard work, quality training provided

Cons

High regulated industry, expectations of senior management are high, demands are high

Slow down a bit, ask your employees for ideas and really listen, care about employees as much as you do students

Regional Director of Admissions, High School Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite all the negative press, I loved my job. I felt that I was treated well and that my supervisors wanted the best things for our students.

Cons

Honestly, government regulations and unfair press.

Be more humble with the Federal and State governments.

Sold or Closed

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cci was a professional company.

Cons

Cci is facing challenging times. Not sure where it is headed.

Faculty Instructor

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

having the ability to teach young generation skills, tricks of the trade, etc.

Cons

Instructor held accountable for the drop-out rate of students.

Change corporate policy to where students are held responsible for their actions, choices, etc.....

Thanks for the years, but I'm glad I no longer have a headache

Former Employee - Student Finance Planner in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Student Finance Planner in Houston, TX

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here were experienced every graduation exercise I participated in. The smiles, the tears of happiness, and the hugs of appreciation and thankful for our support

Cons

I greatly appreciated the training, competitive salary, and opportunity for enjoyment, but the employee turnover, lack of moral, and frequent unethical practices made it difficult

Change how you enroll students, release some of your top heavy senior mgmt employees instead of laying off so many workers to keep them, and perform more Mgmt reviews. Some individuals shouldn't remain in Leadership positions. They don't have the best interest of students in mind

It was a good run

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

The people, product, and potential of the company is what drew me to them several years ago. I liked that in my area we were focused on the student and student success. That has still remained a key tenet in everything that we do. Do what's right for the student.

Cons

All the negative press of late. The financial stability of the company is called into question even though the company has done things to help right that it's not enough.

What I would say to management I would only do in private, it's the professional thing to do.

Corinthian Colleges

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Good company to learn new methodologies.

Cons

The senior management is not prepare to lead the company.

Let's you try new things, and to learn from your mistakes rather than penalize you for failures.

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

From the senior most executive to the lowest employee, this company has -- from day one -- put the needs and well-being of the students it serves first and foremost, followed only by the needs and well-being of it's employees. I've had the chance to learn, grow and advance here and have become a better person for it. The work done here has always made me feel good about what I do. The work I've personally done was always validated when I would meet someone working in any of the industries we train students to pursue. Anonymously I would ask what their experience was. In every case, the response was glowing.

In the past couple of years, the communication and direction between senior management and staffers has improved greatly which has only improved my personal experience working there. For me, this has been a great company for which to work.

Cons

The entire For-Profit Education Industry has been under fire by well-meaning, but mis-informed politicians and regulatory agencies for some time now, which has resulted in job losses, wage reductions, and other survival tactics to combat the constant barrage of non-existent or minor issues present at all levels and all companies working within this industry. This has also resulted in a huge hit to the brand's credibility.

Once this or a new brand is re-established, there should be a clear focus on building the reputation of the brand, including acting quickly when negative, incomplete or inaccurate information begins populating the Internet. I feel that if there had been a strong Brand Management focus in place long ago, we might not have endured the level of scrutiny or issues that has resulted for this company in recent years.

Corinthian Colleges Photos