Corinthian Colleges Reviews

Reset
2.5
Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino
Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • pay and benefits were acceptable (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits with moderate pay rate in comparison to the for profit education industry (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management forces the employees to lie to potential students in order to hit their enrollment quota (in 11 reviews)

1. Corinthian--a wonderful place for employees and students

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Corinthian Colleges (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people were amazing, genuinely caring about students and each other. The work was challenging but very rewarding.

Cons

Ideological attacks on the whole sector, including Corinthian, make the future bleak, not only for employees, but for students and taxpayers. It's a shame a more informed discussion did not occur from the politicians.

2. Sudent Loan Counselor

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Great job if you like working in a call-center environment. Decent pay for the work required. Lot's of potluck's.

Cons

No room for advancement. Upper management is horrible. No set schedule, your shift could be changed to inconvenient evening hours and include Saturdays as well.

Advice to Management

Give the position the opportunity for advancement to a Senior Student Loan Counselor or create a team lead position in addition to the Supervisor role.

3. Director of Education

Former Employee - Director of Education in Alhambra, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Education in Alhambra, CA

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

I got to help people accomplish their goals and make their dreams a reality.

Cons

Too far from home Long days because of commute

5. Career Services

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time

Pros

The pay was adequate and they offered really good benefits. The company did a great job at creating a team atmosphere with good team building opportunities. I worked with some really great people and learned a lot about a corporate run organization.

Cons

Overall, Corinthian College' morals, mission, and ethics are incredibly questionable. The are in the business of making money not giving students the best education possible . The students I worked with were no happy or satisfied with the education that they received.

Advice to Management

Re-think what education means. Should it really be for profit? Are students getting the education they paid for to better themselves and their community? My experience showed they were not happy or satisfied.

6. Regional Director of Admissions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Corinthian Colleges (More than a year)

Pros

The managment and salary was excellent

Cons

I believe that even though all appeared well on the surface. Facts were not presented accurately from Upper Management.

7. Absolute Nightmare

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time

Pros

I literally have nothing good to write about this company, what they stand for, and how they treated the individuals who worked for them.

Cons

Absolutely Everything. Poor work environment, sleezy managers, poor upward mobility options. Absolute waste of my life.

8. Education

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good people

Cons

no raises for several years

9. Crap is as crap does

Former Employee - Director of Student Services in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Director of Student Services in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Corinthian Colleges (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and there were a lot of good people employed. I have to use a minimum of 20 words but I don't have 20 words to use in the "pro" section of this survey.

Cons

Shady enrollment practices to start with. Also, management always spent their time trying to figure out how to get around policy to keep students enrolled. They took chances on audit findings, and would often keep students enrolled just to meet their drop budget. All they were interested in was keeping students in seats. They didn't care about policy, they didn't care about auditors, and they didn't care about quality of education. In fact, education was a joke. The fail rate of students was horrible. More than half the students didn't pass all their courses in their first semester. The courses were crap and there were no prep courses to build into more advanced courses. The school *did* prey on students who had no chance for success; these were students who were taken in by promises of a rich, dynamic career when in reality their degrees would only qualify them for the most basic entry level position. Also, the school was so focused on enrolling students and making money that (while I was there) holidays were basically eliminated. They were working towards moving into a 24/7 call center environment. Bottom line: enroll the student and keep them there no matter what.

Advice to Management

I was glad when several campuses got shut down. I hope the new campuses that were bought out focus on quality of students and quality of the program. I also hope integrity is their driving motivator.

10. Corinthian Colleges

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Cared about their employees and students. Great leadership.

Cons

Leadership not great about anticipating and proactively handling challenges. Kept some people on way too long that were clearly not in the right role.

11. Sr financial analyst

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

The People and my office

Cons

The customers and the product.

Advice to Management

Nothing left to say

RSS Feed </> Embed